Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Masquerade (OPEN)

June Heartmen (played anonymously)

It's so quiet around here and everyone ignores my presence. I feel so unwanted her at this masquerade party,but I was still invited.

A young female who wore a black mask and a black dress that truly stood out sat alone at a table. Knowing the letters to this party was dropped off at random houses scared her. She knew no one and a man had a dirty look at her. She took a sip of the white wine that was on the table and she shivered.

Odd...it's not cold that makes me shiver.

(I'm new at this so go easy on me,and I am open to suggestions.)
Sorin (played by Sabriel)

A small orange kitten paws at June, meowing softly. A young man with a simple gold feather mask calls out, "Ah, there you are." He steps out of the crowd and kneels, holding his hands out to the kitty. It meows a couple times, looking at June curiously.

(I'm also new, so same with suggestions :) )
Dexter Talbot (played by Jiubei)

After being at the center of attention for a good hour, Dexter excused himself from the floor. He enjoyed mingling with people but being in the center of a crowd can get tiring. He also wished that the people around here were more intelligent, or at least know what they are talking about.

He wore a red ball mask and even styled his hair differently than usual so the great mystery on his mind right now was how in the world did anyone know who he was?

He walked to an empty table at the further end of the ball room. Could it be the white tuxedo, he thought as he sat down.

He breathed a quiet sigh of relief as he sat down and undid his collar by a button. By the time he sat down, he decided that mystery was a waste of thought and went on to think about the blueprints of his latest endeavors. Waving for a waiter for refreshments he noticed something black at the edge of his vision. He turns to see this small woman in all black sitting right next to him.

He froze for a moment, being caught in a position he rarely shows to others, he coughed embarrassingly.

"... I have shown a very unflattering side of me, Miss. I apologize that... I was so deep in thought that I did not notice you."
(Hmm...)
June Heartmen (played anonymously) Topic Starter

June first looked at the male and the kitten then looked at the gentalman near her. "Um,it's alright. I'm used to it." She traced her tiny index finger around on the table cloth and sighed a little. So she said only a few words but she had a lot to say. She wasn't one to go running her mouth around and scaring folks away.

"Shy, aren't you?"

He took a glass of water from the waiter and took a few mouthfuls. Since the girl has already seen this side of him, he decided it was pointless to keep his public facade. And the man with the cat, Dexter could tell he was blind from the way he moved around.

He watched the crowd mingle amongst themselves like monkeys huddling together in a winter storm, and then at the little girl who seems to be shrinking into her seat the longer he stayed. An idea came to him and a mischievous smirk crossed his face. He began to mutter a few words under his breath.

When he was done, a little pixie popped up right in front of the girl, fluttering about. What reaction would she have, he wonders.

The kitten meows once more and then hops in Sorin's hands, climbing up onto his head. Carefully, Sorin stands up and smiles.

"Ah it seems my cat likes you, miss. She didn't like seeing you here all alone." Sorin turns his head in Dexter's direction, still smiling.

"It seems you have company now. Greetings, fine sir. Lucky day it is." As a pixie appears in front of June, the kitten hisses a little bit. Sorin holds his breath.

June smiled brightly when she saw the pixie. Her green eyes lit up at the sight of it. She giggled a little still having a smile and noticed the cat hissing. She smiled a smile that could calm any spirit down,hoping that would work. She pushed a piece of brown hair out of her face. "This is amazing."

The cat stops hissing when she sees June's smile. Sorin looks confused, muttering "What's a pixie?"

Dexter smiled warmly at June's reaction. He was expecting a startled scream to be honest, but he was pleasantly surprised with this one. When the cat hissed at the pixie, it fled to Dexter's shoulder and whispered it's tantrum into his ear, sticking its tongue out at the cat for good measure.

"Behave now" Dexter gently chided the pixie. It kissed him on the cheek before fluttering off to land on top of June's head and began to sing a sweet melody that only Dexter could understand. Dexter chuckled, "It seems to have taken a liking to you."

He then turns his attention to Sorin.

"A pixie is a magical creature created from laughter. They live for fun and mischief. I am more interested in your ability to commune with your cat. Is it for this one only or for all cats?"

(Incidentally, this character can communicate with ANYTHING, so if you want you can let your cat talk.)

The pixie's melody startles Sorin. As Dexter explains the meaning of pixie he nods and smiles. When Dexter mentions the cat Sorin frowns, wondering how the man knew of or even figured out he can communicate with it.

"Um, well I... You see..." Sorin can't think of the right words to say. He fidgets a little bit. The cat just stares at Dexter, who receives a couple feelings of anger and confusion. The young man laughs nervously and grabs a cup of wine, taking a sip.

To all who is watching, who is only June, it seemed as if Dexter was listening to the cat with a great deal of amusement.

"If you are going to say all those kinds of things, you might as well speak it for everyone to hear."

With a wiggle of his hand and a flick in the cat's direction, Dexter casted a spell on the little orange cat. And before long, the cat started speaking in fluent english.

(and what would the cat's first words be?)

June smiled for a while she was watching them for a while,but her eyes struck fear while seeing a male with a green face mask on. She knew who that was off the back but she couldn't say anything. She merely squealed and ran under the table like a foolish child.

I wouldn't have ever come to this party if I would have known that my death would be upon me.

June wasn't an ordinary human. No. She was a human who could see the past and future. She knew she was gonna die by his hands one day,but she didn't remember the two men in her vision.

The cat continues to stare at Dexter, her eyes showing anger. When he casts the spell on her, the orange kitten opens her mouth and says, "Meow." Dexter receives feelings of laughter and pride. Sorin whispers, "Don't be rude."

As June screams, Sorin jumps, startled. "What's wrong?" He pauses for a little bit, -receiving images from the cat- and turns his head towards the table. A little panicky, Sorin dives under the table with June.

"It's going to be okay, miss. Just stay under this table and you will be safe. We will all be safe." The cat climbs down Sorin's head and peeks out the white curtain draped on the table. She stares at the man in the green mask.

The squeal and sudden movements of June startled the pixie who stopped singing abruptly and disappeared into thin air. They tend to hide themselves when startled and that pixie was definitely startled.

Curious, Dexter touches June on the head and flashes of what had transpired within her was also channelled to him. But instead of fear, Dexter was delighted.

"My goodness, to actually find not one, but two people with similar powers as me. Ah..." He changed his expression to one of apology, "sorry, I got a little excited. But true this is indeed a fairly troublesome issue. What should we do?.. Or to be more frank, what would the young lady do?"

"Wh-what?" Sorin asks from under the table, "What do you mean? We're safe. Nobody is going to touch us here." Sorin holds on to his knees from under the table. He has no idea what's going on. He just knows the girl screamed after seeing a man in the crowd.

The cat watches Dexter touch June on the head warily. When he talks of powers she hisses a little bit without thinking. So used to being a cat, it's almost instinct.

Dexter raises an eyebrow towards the cat.

"Oh, so it IS you who has the power not your human friend?"

Dexter then pondered for a moment about the predicament of these two people. It would have been easy for him, after knowing what is about to happen, to just get up and leave these three to their fate. However, luck was upon them that Dexter took a shine to them, but he was not about to do it for free.

"Perhaps I can be of some assistance here. You see, I am a merchant of rare goods that just might help in this situation."

The small orange kitten licks her right paw and meows innocently.

"What? Rare goods?" Sorin asks, thinking to himself *it would be nice to have someone so confident on my side, but the question is: what does he sell? And is it safe?* He decides not to leave the safety of the table.

" Well, not so much rare goods than almost anything, but the price is 'Knowledge'. If that Knowledge, not information, is up to the value of my wares, I will trade it with you."

Dexter gives Sorin an expressionless look as I considering whether he should add something. After mere moments, Dexter decided he might as well.

"I could even give you a pair of working eyes to change if the right Knowledge is given and you play your cards right."

A pair of working eyes! The offer interests Sorin very much. The cat almost rolls her own eyes. Forgetting about any danger, Sorin exits his safe place under the table and faces Dexter.

"What do you want to know?" The cat looks like she wants to attack something, but doesn't. She just sits on Sorin's shoulder, fur standing up. Glaring at Dexter. She doesn't trust him at all.

June sighed and knew she would have to do something about the male coming. She came from under the table,but was wearing something different. Her mask was now red and black and her dress was lined in red. She had a dagger in her hand as most other guest of the party grew silent upon the scene. The male had pulled out a blade from what seemed as thin air. So June was human,but maybe she was able to summon different powers.

She flipped her puffy dress as it soon turned into a more seductive thin dress and a hooded cloak over it,but not closed. She seemed like she could fight already,judging by the blade of hers which was turning black.

Maybe I die this way? Hm...

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Masquerade (OPEN)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus