Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Beyond the Shadows~

Aynor smirked seeing Merthyr grow all the more anxious and restless about the girl's hisses and smoke
Finally the prince had developed a weak point after all, by the looks of it.
Aynor nodded at Lancelot who was offering Ambrose his knightly hooded cloak that would surely keep away almost all sun from her

The was indeed getting hotter and more brighter as dawn turned to morning.
They were tired indeed but made to press forward by the captors who cared not in the least about slaves' exhaustion and tiredness, they had a sale to secure and fortune was knocking on the door awaiting them by the arms' full
Ambrose Acheron (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Ambrose would look up to Lancelot, seeing that he was offering her the pitch black cloak. She nodded her appreciations, before taking it and trying to work it over herself, struggling against the chains to get it wrapped around her properly. After she finally got it on, she would start to heal almost instantly. The smoke would slowly disappear, and after some time her skin would go back to it's former glory. The white glow would come back to her skin and it would totally repair itself. She pulled the hood over her head, which would only help her even more as she would speak to Lancelot through labored breaths.

"Thank you..."

She says to him gratefully. After catching her breath, she stands up, waiting for the others to stand up, ready to continue their journey towards the kingdom.
Lancelot nodded at Ambrose with a respectful nod and turned to look at Inai surprised at his unusual wooden arm but not about to address his captor and master unless directly questioned or spoken to.

Merthyr sighed in relief to see her in better shape
"Thank you Lancelot, you have perhaps, you managed to save your position after all, with your quick thinking" muttered Merthyr turning to look at her

"Are you alright? will it be enough?" asked Merthyr in a low voice of concern, causing Aynor to chuckle.

"A slave at Conrad's grasp? Of course she won't be alright... but that's for you to argue with your father... if you survive his wrath" muttered Aynor with a sly smile

"I will be sure to report your closeness to the girl, to increase her value for sure" taunted Aynor causing Merthyr to close his eyes tightly and cringe

Ambrose would cringe as well, but at Aynor's comments about her not being ok in Conrad's grasp. Not to mention the fact they planned on revealing his fondness for her, which was sure to not only increase her value but potentially bring her more harm. She doubted his father would take out his frustrations on his own son. He cared to much for him to do that. Which only meant he would be taking out his frustrations on her. She closed her eyes and pulled the cape around her shoulders, letting it drape the front of her before nodding in response to Prince Merthyr's question.

"Normally I would walk around with a giant sun hat or an umbrella, but this will have to do for now...The sooner you can get me inside the better..."

She says, growing increasingly more tired. She was a creature of the night, and wasn't used to staying up during the day. To say the least, she was growing exhausted, but her captors wouldn't care. They would continue pressing them forward despite the exhaustion to secure the sale that was waiting them beyond the kingdom's borders.
Those who travel acr (played by Thekaleidoscope)

Feeling revitalised with a new arm and its power coursing through his veins, Inai began to actually take a proper look at the scene which surrounded him. The chained slaves, the taunting captors, then a quick look down at himself to take stock of his own situation. The new arm was an interesting sight, but not one which captivated his attention. What did, in fact, capture his attention was the gaping hole in his clothing.

Pursing his lips, the young warrior turned his gaze elsewhere, looking for something else to focus his mind on. The captives held his interest for a mere five seconds, he had no idea who they were and he didn't really care. It wasn't his business to know, particularly as the conversations pointed in the direction of slavers and politics.

He held no love for slavers with his opinion of them somewhere between disgust and contempt. In any normal circumstance, he would have rushed the nearest one, going in for the kill without a second thought. Yet having heard enough to know that these prisoners were political in nature he turned his back on them. Politics being the one thing he had vowed to never get involved with.

With nothing else to do, he chose to hang around the group for as long as he wished to, feeling happy in the choice that this way he wasn't tied to any obligation.
Merthyr stopped, causing the travel to halt yet again.

"The damsel is growing weary and tired, I demand a steed for the lady." frowned Merthyr

"Ahhh the crown prince of the realm sees it fit to issue demands among us outlaws... what say you comrade.. shall we take heed of the royal fool?" asked Glendale looking at Inai, letting the youngest among them make decision for all of the slaves and prisoners just to add insult to injury.

"If you lack clothing, you can have your slave's attire, Sir Lancelot here is a knight of the realm, I am sure his knightly robes will look much better on you though. I have slaves rags for the likes of him" mused Glendale seeing Inai's wrecked shirt.

Ambrose nearly tumbled forward as Merthyr stopped, stopping the entire party in their tracks. She was grateful for the rest, and used this moment to adjust the hood on her head further to hide her face, but would turn around to face Merthyr, a look of surprise on her face. The two of them hardly knew one another, and she would be genuinely surprised at the fact he was trying to look out for her like he was.

"Merthyr..."

She says to him, before turning to Inai and Glendale, scowling at the two of them. Despite the harsh daylight, her eyes could be seen glowing underneath the darkness of the hood, and she would have folded her arms if she could. But she merely flashed her fangs at them, scowling at the two of them before looking back at Merthyr.

"Thank you for looking out for me, but I will be fine. Surely your father must care for you...worst thing they could do right now is force your knight to give the honor less knight with the wooden arm his clothing, and force him to wear my dress while putting me in a slaves attire..."

She said, emphasizing that Inai held no honor in her eyes for standing idly by and letting these things happen to them. She would have no respect for him, and she would see him as an enemy in her eyes, should he encounter her in the future. She would drain him of all his blood if she could, but her morals and their situation would forbid it. Though she would remember his face, and he had better hope that they wouldn't encounter one another in the future.

Inai turned as he suddenly felt himself getting brought into the conflict between slavers and slaves. The actual initial question given to him was one he missed, yet he was able to pick up the general idea from context clues given among the ensuing sentences. "Whatever you do to him is of no concern to me, he's not my slaves and he's not my problem. My problem is finding a place that does clothes exactly like I want them."

With all this attention being brought to his clothing, the most attentive of the group would be able to see that underneath its ragged appearance lay a style that was clearly not one which was common or even sold in that land. Coming instead from somewhere far beyond the borders.

It was Ambrose's words that struck home however and the warrior turned to her with fire in his eyes. The words honourless and knight striking in his head and clashing with what he held dear. "Would it pain you dear lady to take a proper look and see I am no knight? Knights pledge their allegiance to some random figure, then get sent off to war and dies, just in time for the next poor sod to take their place. All for what? Some figure whose life they have given theirs up for can point to an even larger part of a map and say "THIS PART IS MINE"

He paused before looking down at his now wooden arm. "You know when I was little I read stories of these heroic knights, filled with honour... killing each other in the name of whatever self-important lord that decided such. Bet those that died felt really good they had a story written after them when they lay there rotting in a grave. Even then how many thousands of them or even the basic footsoldiers never got their own story eh? So if it takes being honourless to avoid being a part of that senseless waste of life then so be it. I refuse to be dragged into whatever stupid game of politics your playing and made a slave to it."

"No, you don't have to be a knight. Some people are born with an aptitude for battle. And you should learn that not all kingdoms look to expand their kingdoms. Not all kingdoms want power, or money, or land. Some kingdoms just want peace, and want to prosper. However your opinion is your own, and my opinion is my own. Though you are right on one count...you are no knight. No, you are a coward who picks fights with those he thinks he can beat in order to attain a small glimpse of the pride and honor true knights are awarded..."

She says, turning away from him and not saying anything else on the matter. She had noticed his clothing, but decided to remain silent on the matter. She looked forward, catching a small glimpse of the kingdom off in the distance, meaning they were drawing near it. She would scowl at the lot of slavers as well of Inai as she stared at the kingdom.

"Can we get on with this...I'm sure you wish to get paid..."
Merthyr raised an inquisitive eye brow at Inai shaking his head to correct the youth's statement

"What part are you talking about here? All of this kingdom and realms around it are mine" corrected Merthyr in a matter of fact tone.

"The only exemption is the furthest corner of the forbidden forest which my father now insists on reclaiming at the cost of innocent blood" muttered Merthyr

"Even these outlaws are my vassals and will pay dearly for this disrespect to royalty" assured Merthyr in a firm decided tone, glaring at Aynor the threat and warning in his words not at all a veiled one.
Robin smirked at the Merthyr.

"Halt! His royal highness wants a steed for the damsel.... and he shall have it. Remove the chains from his wrists and feet, by my honor that I will give her a royal steed" sneered Robin

"Now then prince Merthyr, crawl on your hands and knees and carry her on your back... with care... you shall be the steed you so seek, given our horses are already occupied" prompted Robin.

Gawain frowned not at all liking the sound of it at all, Lancelot on the other hand, took great offense at the jibe gawking as Rufus removed the cuffs from Merthyr's wrists and ankles only for Merthyr drop to the ground and do exactly as he had been prompted, leaving Gawain baffled if shocked.

"Well then... precious... sit on your royal ass and let us get a move on..." urged Robin knowing the collar would make them all comply

Her eyes widened as Robin stopped the procession of soon-to-be slaves and royalty, staring at them baffled. For a moment, she thought that they were actually going to allow her to ride on horseback. Though what a foolish thought that was. She stared at the one who removed the cuffs from her wrists and ankles, and she would rub her wrists, the red ring around them disappearing as he skin healed itself. She stared at Robin, a glare in her eyes as he commanded Merthyr onto his hands and knees, watching as the collar would force Merthyr to comply with his order. She sneered at them and bore her fangs to them threateningly, unable to actually follow through with her threat.

"You are truly horrid..."

She says as Robin even issued an order to her. She would be forced to comply, her body springing into action on it's own accord. She would try resisting, but to no avail as her body walked on its own over to Merthyr, and mounted him. She watched the slavers, hatred in her eyes as they were forced to continue walking. She felt truly bad for Merthyr, and would do what she could to help him. She may have been forced to ride atop him like he was her horse, but she would adjust her body weight in such a way that would make her as light as possible, so he wouldn't have to strain to much to carry her atop his back. She watched as they would soon after approached the city gates, gazing at his kingdom from atop Merthyr. The kingdom was truly magnificent, and thrived. Though it was only a matter of minutes before they reached the castle, and the bidding for them would inevitably begin.

The scorn in Inai's eyes was clear, displaying clear contempt for the royalty. Within his hatred for politics and authority, royalty topped the list.

"Yours? What gave you the right to own this land? Is it because you were born into the right family and thus it gave you a divine right to own everyone around you? Power? Did you conquer this land and add this to your territory? Did the lowly peasants get a choice in this, any form of say? You see this treatment at the hands of slavers? Are your rights not your own? Think about it, that's everyone under born into "your" kingdom. They grow up in a land where your word is law, where you control and own them. Innocent blood is spilt all the time creating and maintaining a kingdom. If you can't realise that you're no better than those who send their people off to pointless wars."

He turned away suddenly, disgusted by the way in which the slavers held themselves. Vowing in that moment he would crush every last man of them. Yet he knew he could not do it with so many hostages around and so he turned towards the kingdom. "I'll see you guys around at the market."

Not waiting for an answer, he strode off, the wooden arm seeming to flicker into what looked to be a large spike-like shape for a second before a normal arm took its place once more.
Lancelot quietly followed Inai, not about to loose track or sight of him

"So then, master, what have you got in mind next?" quizzed Lancelot catching up to the youth no sooner Glendale had glanced at him and Inai's departure, needing no further explanation for the matter.

"Are you in any financial strain? do you have a place to stay, traveller?" asked Lancelot keeping up the pace with Inai

Inai didn't know what angered him more, the knight calling him master or being followed at all. Slowly he attempted to stay calm, something which he tried with very little success. Not even looking back Inai spoke through gritted teeth.

"I am in need of nothing, thank you very much. You don't need to keep following me now we're away from the slavers, choose your own path. You we're better than me in single combat and for that I share no animosity with you. Remember however I'm a wanderer, I'll stay where I want and most importantly, I refuse to be dragged into what political game your playing."
"When you are healed from your wounds, I will challenge you formally for the sake of my freedom. A knight doesn't surrender and walk away from such acquired debt after all, slavers or not, honor compells me to offer you your dues until such time as debt is settled be it my wealth or by the sword.

Unfortunately, I lack the funds for I often give them to those less fortunate, so we will have to accomodate a duel, when you are in good condition to fight, which is not the case at present" informed Lancelot calmly

"Luckily, I too am a travelling knight, thus you will have to endure my company and services until such time as I have rightfully acquired my freedom back... master... I guess I owe you twice as much for not selling me on right away" shrugged Lancelot nonchalant keeping up the pace
Aynor smirked as Merthyr crawled all the way to the royal palace, head ducked and highly embarrassed to appear before his father's throne in such position and condition.

"What on earth is the meaning of this?!" frowned Conrad jumping to his feet at once highly disgusted and offended at the humiliation these bandits had dealt so freely

"Now now, calm down, sire... we wouldn't want you to die of disgust and leave the kingdom in my hands... now... would we?" quizzed Aynor with a sly smile

"You will hang for this..." growled Conrad narrow eyed, seeing Merthyr with a collar and chain

"These cuffs.... ensure obedience from slaves, I suggest you measure your words, least your son is forced to turn his own sword on you or himself for the matter." warned Aynor

"You bluff!" dismissed Conrad coldly "My son would never do neither of those" challenged and dared Conrad.

"Oh... you think I would risk entering your castle, and bring your son crawling back to your presence without sureties? It offends me you would take me for such a fool" sighed Aynor pressing the tip of the index fingers against the temples to rub them lightly

"Very well, let us give you proof... sire..." nodded Aynor. "Come forward... girl" waved Aynor, prepared to prove his point of compliance before the king, Merthyr looking up worried despite remaining in his crawling position against his will and better judgment

"This woman, a blood sucker, has captured your son's heart and interest... how awkward considering you are slaughtering and enslaving those in her realm" trailed off Aynor watching Merthyr glare daggers as further proof.

"Girl, you are to take his majesty's orders for now..." commanded Aynor "is that understood?" demanded Aynor

The left eye began to twitch slightly, Inai's growing darker with anger as he listened to the words spoken. "Look at me royalties dog, I'm recovered. I have a new arm to replace my old one, there is no debt! I am no master! Humans are their own masters, choose yourself a new path!"

He paused for a second, halting mid stride. The wooden arm flickering between humanlike and something all together different, something almost like a giant blade, carved from wood. "If you really wish it, I release you! There now you really do hold no obligations to me!"

Ambrose would continue making her weight upon Merthyr's back as light as possible, before they were in front of the king. Much to her correct assumptions, the king did indeed care for his son deeply, and she would watch the altercation between the two of them that proved it. None the less, despite the circumstances, her plan was unfolding. She was inside the castle, and that was all that mattered for the moment. She would look down at Merthyr, unable to move from his back until ordered to do so. Though that wouldn't be a problem. It seemed that she was being used to prove a point, forced off of Merthyr's back and in front of the king, besides Aynor. As hard as she would resist, her body moved on it's own, forcing her to rise off of Merthyr's back as she approached the king and Aynor, the rest of the party left standing behind the lot. She would glare at Aynor with a fire in her eyes, though her face would turn as red as the blood that she consumed as he mentioned that Prince Merthyr was smitten with her.

"Whether or not I understand, the collar knows what you mean, and it's going to force me to do so regardless of how much I would love to drain you right now....And hear me when I say this: I WILL drain you one day...for the blatant disrespect you have shown me and Prince Merthyr..."

She says to Aynor. The collar would transition it's owner, making it so that now, instead of taking order's from Aynor, she would be forced to comply and fulfill the request of King Conrad. She would stand before him, staring at him with he glowing red eyes and pale skin, her snowy white hair falling in front of her face as she awaited for his commands, which she didn't doubt would come from Aynor, if only to prove the point that the collars did indeed turn them into puppets.
"You misunderstood, traveller, I do not grovel for freedom... I earn it, fair and squarely... be it by deeds and hard work or by way of arms. It would be inappropriate to benefit from your kindness and walk away freely, considering the injury you sustained on my account already. Take at least the last of money I have left" insisted Lancelot extending the modest pouch

"I know it is not much at present but it may be helpful at some point or other to get you food" offered Lancelot taking the insulting words on the stride, brushing them aside.

"Or allow me to teach you at the training grounds... I can pay you in time, skill and knowledge should you wish it" offered Lancelot

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Beyond the Shadows~

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus