Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Beyond the Shadows~

Ambrose Acheron (played anonymously) Topic Starter

"No, you don't have to be a knight. Some people are born with an aptitude for battle. And you should learn that not all kingdoms look to expand their kingdoms. Not all kingdoms want power, or money, or land. Some kingdoms just want peace, and want to prosper. However your opinion is your own, and my opinion is my own. Though you are right on one count...you are no knight. No, you are a coward who picks fights with those he thinks he can beat in order to attain a small glimpse of the pride and honor true knights are awarded..."

She says, turning away from him and not saying anything else on the matter. She had noticed his clothing, but decided to remain silent on the matter. She looked forward, catching a small glimpse of the kingdom off in the distance, meaning they were drawing near it. She would scowl at the lot of slavers as well of Inai as she stared at the kingdom.

"Can we get on with this...I'm sure you wish to get paid..."
Ricky (played by EeveeMaster)

((Ok.))

((bump!))

((also, waiting for tus!! ^-^))
Merthyr raised an inquisitive eye brow at Inai shaking his head to correct the youth's statement

"What part are you talking about here? All of this kingdom and realms around it are mine" corrected Merthyr in a matter of fact tone.

"The only exemption is the furthest corner of the forbidden forest which my father now insists on reclaiming at the cost of innocent blood" muttered Merthyr

"Even these outlaws are my vassals and will pay dearly for this disrespect to royalty" assured Merthyr in a firm decided tone, glaring at Aynor the threat and warning in his words not at all a veiled one.
Robin smirked at the Merthyr.

"Halt! His royal highness wants a steed for the damsel.... and he shall have it. Remove the chains from his wrists and feet, by my honor that I will give her a royal steed" sneered Robin

"Now then prince Merthyr, crawl on your hands and knees and carry her on your back... with care... you shall be the steed you so seek, given our horses are already occupied" prompted Robin.

Gawain frowned not at all liking the sound of it at all, Lancelot on the other hand, took great offense at the jibe gawking as Rufus removed the cuffs from Merthyr's wrists and ankles only for Merthyr drop to the ground and do exactly as he had been prompted, leaving Gawain baffled if shocked.

"Well then... precious... sit on your royal ass and let us get a move on..." urged Robin knowing the collar would make them all comply

Her eyes widened as Robin stopped the procession of soon-to-be slaves and royalty, staring at them baffled. For a moment, she thought that they were actually going to allow her to ride on horseback. Though what a foolish thought that was. She stared at the one who removed the cuffs from her wrists and ankles, and she would rub her wrists, the red ring around them disappearing as he skin healed itself. She stared at Robin, a glare in her eyes as he commanded Merthyr onto his hands and knees, watching as the collar would force Merthyr to comply with his order. She sneered at them and bore her fangs to them threateningly, unable to actually follow through with her threat.

"You are truly horrid..."

She says as Robin even issued an order to her. She would be forced to comply, her body springing into action on it's own accord. She would try resisting, but to no avail as her body walked on its own over to Merthyr, and mounted him. She watched the slavers, hatred in her eyes as they were forced to continue walking. She felt truly bad for Merthyr, and would do what she could to help him. She may have been forced to ride atop him like he was her horse, but she would adjust her body weight in such a way that would make her as light as possible, so he wouldn't have to strain to much to carry her atop his back. She watched as they would soon after approached the city gates, gazing at his kingdom from atop Merthyr. The kingdom was truly magnificent, and thrived. Though it was only a matter of minutes before they reached the castle, and the bidding for them would inevitably begin.
Those who travel acr (played by Thekaleidoscope)

The scorn in Inai's eyes was clear, displaying clear contempt for the royalty. Within his hatred for politics and authority, royalty topped the list.

"Yours? What gave you the right to own this land? Is it because you were born into the right family and thus it gave you a divine right to own everyone around you? Power? Did you conquer this land and add this to your territory? Did the lowly peasants get a choice in this, any form of say? You see this treatment at the hands of slavers? Are your rights not your own? Think about it, that's everyone under born into "your" kingdom. They grow up in a land where your word is law, where you control and own them. Innocent blood is spilt all the time creating and maintaining a kingdom. If you can't realise that you're no better than those who send their people off to pointless wars."

He turned away suddenly, disgusted by the way in which the slavers held themselves. Vowing in that moment he would crush every last man of them. Yet he knew he could not do it with so many hostages around and so he turned towards the kingdom. "I'll see you guys around at the market."

Not waiting for an answer, he strode off, the wooden arm seeming to flicker into what looked to be a large spike-like shape for a second before a normal arm took its place once more.
Lancelot quietly followed Inai, not about to loose track or sight of him

"So then, master, what have you got in mind next?" quizzed Lancelot catching up to the youth no sooner Glendale had glanced at him and Inai's departure, needing no further explanation for the matter.

"Are you in any financial strain? do you have a place to stay, traveller?" asked Lancelot keeping up the pace with Inai

((tus?? um, would you like me to play someone as part of this sale? or do you want to do it yourself??))
(( OOC : entirely up to you... I don't mind either way ))

((Then, since king conrad and aynor and bandits are your characters, would you want to take care of the entire transaction? It would be much appreciated, and if you decide that you do want me to take control of one of your characters, i would be happy to assist!!))

Inai didn't know what angered him more, the knight calling him master or being followed at all. Slowly he attempted to stay calm, something which he tried with very little success. Not even looking back Inai spoke through gritted teeth.

"I am in need of nothing, thank you very much. You don't need to keep following me now we're away from the slavers, choose your own path. You we're better than me in single combat and for that I share no animosity with you. Remember however I'm a wanderer, I'll stay where I want and most importantly, I refuse to be dragged into what political game your playing."
"When you are healed from your wounds, I will challenge you formally for the sake of my freedom. A knight doesn't surrender and walk away from such acquired debt after all, slavers or not, honor compells me to offer you your dues until such time as debt is settled be it my wealth or by the sword.

Unfortunately, I lack the funds for I often give them to those less fortunate, so we will have to accomodate a duel, when you are in good condition to fight, which is not the case at present" informed Lancelot calmly

"Luckily, I too am a travelling knight, thus you will have to endure my company and services until such time as I have rightfully acquired my freedom back... master... I guess I owe you twice as much for not selling me on right away" shrugged Lancelot nonchalant keeping up the pace

((I'm just gonna....sit here and wait for the trade to happen then..?? at least until i can think of something to post, though it might be short))
Aynor smirked as Merthyr crawled all the way to the royal palace, head ducked and highly embarrassed to appear before his father's throne in such position and condition.

"What on earth is the meaning of this?!" frowned Conrad jumping to his feet at once highly disgusted and offended at the humiliation these bandits had dealt so freely

"Now now, calm down, sire... we wouldn't want you to die of disgust and leave the kingdom in my hands... now... would we?" quizzed Aynor with a sly smile

"You will hang for this..." growled Conrad narrow eyed, seeing Merthyr with a collar and chain

"These cuffs.... ensure obedience from slaves, I suggest you measure your words, least your son is forced to turn his own sword on you or himself for the matter." warned Aynor

"You bluff!" dismissed Conrad coldly "My son would never do neither of those" challenged and dared Conrad.

"Oh... you think I would risk entering your castle, and bring your son crawling back to your presence without sureties? It offends me you would take me for such a fool" sighed Aynor pressing the tip of the index fingers against the temples to rub them lightly

"Very well, let us give you proof... sire..." nodded Aynor. "Come forward... girl" waved Aynor, prepared to prove his point of compliance before the king, Merthyr looking up worried despite remaining in his crawling position against his will and better judgment

"This woman, a blood sucker, has captured your son's heart and interest... how awkward considering you are slaughtering and enslaving those in her realm" trailed off Aynor watching Merthyr glare daggers as further proof.

"Girl, you are to take his majesty's orders for now..." commanded Aynor "is that understood?" demanded Aynor

The left eye began to twitch slightly, Inai's growing darker with anger as he listened to the words spoken. "Look at me royalties dog, I'm recovered. I have a new arm to replace my old one, there is no debt! I am no master! Humans are their own masters, choose yourself a new path!"

He paused for a second, halting mid stride. The wooden arm flickering between humanlike and something all together different, something almost like a giant blade, carved from wood. "If you really wish it, I release you! There now you really do hold no obligations to me!"

Ambrose would continue making her weight upon Merthyr's back as light as possible, before they were in front of the king. Much to her correct assumptions, the king did indeed care for his son deeply, and she would watch the altercation between the two of them that proved it. None the less, despite the circumstances, her plan was unfolding. She was inside the castle, and that was all that mattered for the moment. She would look down at Merthyr, unable to move from his back until ordered to do so. Though that wouldn't be a problem. It seemed that she was being used to prove a point, forced off of Merthyr's back and in front of the king, besides Aynor. As hard as she would resist, her body moved on it's own, forcing her to rise off of Merthyr's back as she approached the king and Aynor, the rest of the party left standing behind the lot. She would glare at Aynor with a fire in her eyes, though her face would turn as red as the blood that she consumed as he mentioned that Prince Merthyr was smitten with her.

"Whether or not I understand, the collar knows what you mean, and it's going to force me to do so regardless of how much I would love to drain you right now....And hear me when I say this: I WILL drain you one day...for the blatant disrespect you have shown me and Prince Merthyr..."

She says to Aynor. The collar would transition it's owner, making it so that now, instead of taking order's from Aynor, she would be forced to comply and fulfill the request of King Conrad. She would stand before him, staring at him with he glowing red eyes and pale skin, her snowy white hair falling in front of her face as she awaited for his commands, which she didn't doubt would come from Aynor, if only to prove the point that the collars did indeed turn them into puppets.
"You misunderstood, traveller, I do not grovel for freedom... I earn it, fair and squarely... be it by deeds and hard work or by way of arms. It would be inappropriate to benefit from your kindness and walk away freely, considering the injury you sustained on my account already. Take at least the last of money I have left" insisted Lancelot extending the modest pouch

"I know it is not much at present but it may be helpful at some point or other to get you food" offered Lancelot taking the insulting words on the stride, brushing them aside.

"Or allow me to teach you at the training grounds... I can pay you in time, skill and knowledge should you wish it" offered Lancelot
"Talk openly and frankly... who are you? where are you from? why are you here? to what purpose you dare venture into my realm and how dare you take my son's attentions from worthier ladies? What are your true intentions and real plans?" demanded Conrad expecting full and thorough answers, glancing at the collar and feeling it with his hands, seeing nothing special about the plain looking circular neck collar, assuming Aynor was yet again making a mockery of his king which was not the first time either.

Oh how much the man irritated the king, still, at present his deadly hands were needed to tackle the magic wielders into submission or slaughter.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Beyond the Shadows~

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus