Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Behind Stone Walls..

Voletta Lorelia (played anonymously) Topic Starter

((um...hellu...))
The Hanged Man (played anonymously)

((Working on a post. my hands are messed up today.))

((This isnt good post, sorry! My hands and brain are dead lol))

The Hanged Man nibbled his lower lip nervously as he inspected his handiwork with the guards. It was a stretch, but he couldn't spend any more time fretting about it, for the prince awaited. Before Voletta could whisk him away, he grabbed a bottle of port, took a deep gulp, and tossed the rest on one of the guards.

Crow hadn't been up in the royal wing in a long time. It was decorated finely, with plush carpets and paintings in gold leafed frames. He felt like he didn't belong here, in this place of kings and queens, and especially not in the prince's private quarters. Normally the knight was very patient, but he was on edge, so he took out a piece of threadbare whitish cloth and began to fiddle with it. It was his dearest possession.

Finally she was ready. He smiled at her as she stepped into the antechamber and twirled. "Stunning," he said softly. He hadn't seen that dress in almost twenty years ... yet it looked pristine. "I-I hope this will not anger the king ... but this is the prince's wish ..." Crow sighed--Simon would probably lay at least some of the blame on his shoulders. He would take it all if he could. It was worth it to let Voletta shine, even just for one night.

He extended his elbow for her to take. "Shall we, my lady?" he said coyly.

(It's fine!)

Voletta grins and can't help but giggle as she takes his elbow, intertwining her arm with his and nodding. She would make her way out of the prince's quarters, and make her way to the ballroom. After walking for some time, she would reach the doors, and she would start shaking as she became more and more nervous. She didn't know how the king would react to seeing her wearing one of the Prince's mothers dresses, and she knew that she would pay for it later. But the Prince requested that she put one on if she had no clothes of her own, so she had no choice. Though she had to admit she felt like a princess wearing a gown like this.

With a shaky breath she would open the doors, and a lot of heads turned her way. There were gasps and whisper's about how she resembled the queen, and how she should be working the party. Her grip around The Hanged Man's arm tightened as she grew more and more nervous. Though she knew she needed to make an appearance in front of the prince, since he requested her presence at the event. Her eyes scanned the crowd as she tried to drown out all the whispers around her, and eventually she found the prince. She would approach the prince, slowly letting go of The Hanged Man's hand and gave him a low curtsy, keeping her head lowered.

"My liege....Forgive me for intruding...I was told you requested my presence at the ball, and thought it only respectful to make an appearance before you in such circumstances..."

She says quite obviously nervous, though she would try keeping herself together, knowing her best friend was standing right beside her.
"Thank you for your attendance, I certainly need your presence here... madamme. I have it on good account that you are an outstanding host towards our guests and their needs." trailed off Merthyr looking for a good excuse or reason to have her there, one that the king could not possibly object to.

"I have a very young guest here, her name is Elesa and I certainly would like your expertise in taking care of her wishes" explained Merthyr waving his hand over to little Elesa

"Of course, this being a feast, requires that you dress accordingly and befriend the child... be a helpful companion" explained Merthyr with a warm smile

The Hanged Man held Voletta's arm in his metal-clad one as they headed down to the ballroom. He felt her shrink against him and patted her hand to try to soothe her. His own eyes immediately sought out King Simon and his generals, dearing the man's reaction, yet hopefully it could be staved off--at least for a moment.

When they came before the prince, Crow released the girl and dropped into a deep bow at the same time as her curtsy.

"W-we humbly thank you for this opportunity," he said softly.
Lilim (played anonymously)

Lilim and Elesa both gasp as Voletta drops into a bow. Elesa would start to panic a bit before Lilim gets her by the shoulders and coaxes her back to her feet, "Please don't bow... I hate being treated like royalty. Formality demands it in this place, so to anyone else at the party, that's what I'll be. But not to you, Voletta... And not to the good Sir Crow... Please... Treat me as an equal, not as a superior." she says before hugging Voletta out of nowhere.

Finally handed the dress, Lilim was informed by Voletta that she'd rather wear one of the queens dresses instead, which made her frown. Her heart sinking lower as she was told Voletta didn't want to be an inconvenience, "Voletta, I'm the one that offered to help. You're not an inconvenience, you're a new friend. Do as you prefer though... Elesa and I will meet you guys back at the party." Lilim says surrenderingly. She'd use her Trans Magic to clean the dress and replace it in Voletta's wardrobe before taking Elesa's hand to lead her back to the party.

Elesa would move to hug Lilim's legs as all of this happened, about to break down in tears as Voletta sees them differently because of Lilim's partial lie. She'd sniffle though and let Lilim lead her by the hand out of the dungeon and back toward the party.

Lilim would choke back some tears of her own as she returned and went to find her glass again. This time that particular glass of red wine would be highly needed, as Lilim felt like she had just betrayed a pair of new friends by not coming clean with them sooner.

Elesa too felt sad because Voletta and Crow seemed mad at her, and the poor child was streaming tears on the brink of outright crying. The only thing that kept her quiet was Lilim petting her head and shushing her, and then acting to put a few morsels of food in front of her as they got to the tables for the banquet. Elesa would perk up and smile as Voletta entered again looking like a Princess. She wanted to hop up and run to her and tell her how beautiful she looked, but her smile quickly faded again as she remembered last she knew, Voletta and Crow were mad at her. Elesa would return her attention to the food and slowly snack on what was in front of her while Lilim calmed herself with a drink of the steak blood.

(Sorry for short post!)

"Your liege, assuming I know who you are referring to, we are already good friends! And I will continue to do so!"

She says smiling as she straightens herself up and turns around, walking away and scanning the crowd for her new friends. She looks around nervously, before finally spotting them sitting down at a table and smiling. She runs up to them, hugging both of them as she has this extra bounce in her step. She smiles at the two of them, before pulling up a chair and sitting down, hugging Elesa again.

"Hey guys! Hope you don't mind if I sit here??"

She says before looking at the somber looks on the two of their faces. On instinct, she grabs her upper arm nervously and fidgets, as she had grown accustomed to do whenever she got nervous. She looks between the two of them before speaking up.

"W-Why do the two of you look so sad?? Y....You don't think I'm mad at you do you!? Cause I'm not! I just didn't want to trouble you guys any more than I already had! I-I'm sorry...please don't be mad at me!"

She says fighting the urge to bow to them at their request. She was so used to lowering herself before people, that it was a struggle not to, and she sat there between the two of them, desperately fighting the urge as she looked between the two of them.
Simon Haydn (played by Thekaleidoscope)

Simon, flanked by the three pillars of his kingdom headed directly for the central table, the look on all of their faces radiating cold reservation. Not one would talk to anyone on their way there, both out of maintaining their images and out of the fact that they overlong stay catching up had led the four to become very hungry. Quickly they took their places, the king in the centre, Sariel and Elessa to the left and Max on the right, leaving one space between Simon and Max for the prince to sit.

Without even looking at what was being served the four began to dig in, although the rate at which they destroyed the food placed in front of them differed drastically. Sariel and Elessa dug into the food at almost unbelievable rates, acting more like rowdy footsoldiers during a victory feast than a formal banquet. For the two there was an element of friendly competition between them, that and it had been so long since they had the resources for a proper meal that they couldn't help themselves.

Max and Simon eat at a much more reserved rate, allowing time to actually taste the food, savouring it before taking in the next mouthful. It was between one such mouthful that Max leant over to Simon and whispered in a voice so low that no-one apart from the prince between them could hear. "Seems like you can never truly take Sai away from his roots eh?"

To anyone else, it would simply appear as if one of the generals was making polite conversation with his king. Yet for any truly observant watcher, they might be able to see the two's lips twitch upwards for just a split second.

Any semblance of a smile, however, would vanish at the sight of Voletta, returning instead to a strictly rigid facial expression. While the simple act of viewing what she was wearing made his blood boil he didn't act on the mounting anger inside him. Not here in front of the rest of the world and on his son's party. Instead, he chose to turn back to Max and give a reply. "He'd certainly hasn't changed one bit has he?"

The Hanged Man's eyes lingered on Simon as he arrived with his advisers and sat at the seat of highest honor, leaving a spot open for his son. A spike of anger struck him at the injustice of it all--the King's treatment of Voletta seemed so pointlessly cruel sometimes. But Crow had known the man for twenty years, and knew he had his reasons.

As they approached Lilim and Elesa, Crow bowed stiffly to them. He didn't sit down, of course, for he was still on duty and couldn't let his guard down. As the girls chatted, he leaned forward and whispered in Voletta's ear. "Re-remember you are t-technically supposed to be working ... let the king see you doing so. Refresh their drinks, maybe ..."

Lilim was caught off guard by Voletta's hug, and Elesa would gasp as Voletta hugged her. They'd both turn to look at Voletta, Lilim with a surprised gaze and Elesa with a sorrowful one, "Voletta, you are our hostess. I'm not mad at you, but yes, I did believe you were mad at me and Elesa. You're not an inconvenience, nor do we consider doing requests for you as troublesome. You're our friend, and one that I would do just about anything for." Lilim says with a renewed smile, leaning in to give Voletta a warm hug.

Elesa would wait her turn to speak, "M-M-Miss Voletta?... You look beautiful in that dress... Please forgive me for not telling you sooner that Big Sis is a Princess... We've been traveling for so long that some details just don't seem needed right away..." Elesa says as she brings a hand up to wipe her eyes. Turning to look to The Hanged Man, "Mister Crow?... Are you mad at me?..." Elesa asks with a sorrowful gaze, remembering his cold glare to her from before.

Voletta eyes widened as Lilim had mentioned that she was considered one of their close friends, before leaning in to hug her. She would ease up, finding the urge to bow to them much easier to ward off. Though when she heard Elesa speak, her face would turn red at the compliment, and would move to wipe the tears away from Elesa's eyes, smiling at the two of them. She was glad that she had more friends now, and she would hug both of them warmly.

"There's nothing to forgive as far as I'm concerned. Though Crow is right, I'm expected to work unless told otherwise. So if you'll excuse me."

She says before standing up and going and grabbing plates of food. She would walk around and serve the other guests, before making eye contact with the king, and instantly she recoiled in fear. She saw the stern look on his face, and knew that she would regret wearing this dress later. He looked furious at her. She would go about serving the other guests, before going to Elesa and Lilim, offering the two of them food.

"You two hungry?? Or I can refill your drinks for you??"

The Hanged Man tuned out a little. He remembered his first meal at a lord's table--odd and isolated, as if the people below the dais were all staring at him. But he came to realize (with help from the wine) that they were wrapped up in their own affairs and didn't spare half a thought for the lord's new bodyguard. He spent the rest of the evening gossiping with (and being teased by) the steward. It brought a weary smile to his face, and, very briefly, his eyes stung with unshed tears.

He heard his name. Green gaze lowered to Elesa's blotchy, tear-streaked face, and his brow creased in worry. "Huh? ... oh. N-nay, lady--of course I'm not." He put on a smile, though as always, though it was ugly and crooked.

As Voletta stood up and began to refresh drinks and pile food on the guests' plates, Crow stayed where he was, though he turned to watch her to ensure she never left his field of vision.

((have to bump this up but gonna wait for lilim!!))

Elesa would gasp and her face would light up in a bright smile as she hears that all is well. The child would slowly wiggle free of her seat and approach The Hanged Man, murring cutely as she hugged his armored leg. She just couldn't help it. She was a child after all, and when she felt happy she wanted to share that happiness with those around her in the form of hugs.

In the meantime, Lilim would become increasingly uneasy as she looked between Voletta and the king, rather expecting another early dismissal of her hostess. If the king or guards attempted to lay a hand on Voletta or order her away from the festivities, Lilim would have some less than positive words for the king. Voletta would be respected at this party one way or another if Lilim had anything to say about it.

Lilim would snap back to her senses as Voletta spoke to her and Elesa, "Oh, nothing for me right now, but thank you, Voletta." Lilim says with a soft smile. Elesa would smile to Voletta as well, "Could I have some orange slices and green grapes please, Miss Voletta?" the child asks politely. Elesa would then return her attention to The Hanged Man, lifting her arms to him like she wanted him to pick her up, "Mister Crow? Would you pick me up for a moment, please?" she asks with a cute smile to the man of many scars.

Voletta would stare at the two of them, before sighing and placing platters of food on their plate, smiling before taking their cups. Her stomach would growl at the sight of all this food, but she would shake her head and quickly go back down into the pantry, gathering more steak blood in a cup for Lilim. While she was down there, she would take an apple and put it on a presser, squeezing it until pure apple juice came out: one of Voletta's favorite drinks. After getting them both of their drinks, she would grab the orange slices and green grapes for Elesa, putting them on a plate and balancing it on her arm.

She would smile at the cups, only for her stomach to growl some more. The only real thing she had to eat that day was the apple, and that was hardly enough to squelch a hunger that had all day to brew. Though she would put this at the back of her mind as best she could, for she still had work to do and the guests to attend to. Not to mention the time would be drawing near for the prince to pick his bride. She walked back up from the pantry and walked to Lilim and Elesa, handing both of them their newly filled glasses and handing Elesa her plate of fruit before smiling at the two of them.

"Is there anything else I can do for the two of you??"

The Hanged Man blinked, not entirely sure why Elesa wanted to cuddle up to his leg, but he didn't stop her. He stood with his weight mostly on his right foot and kept his shield from bumping her in the head.

His own stomach growled, like Voletta's. Despite the hunger, he had little appetite for food. All he craved now was wine. He couldn't indulge yet--he would eat in his chambers later, alone as always. His flask tempted him, too, but he didn't want to potentially invoke the King's wrath by reaching for it.

Crow looked down at Elesa with her outstretched arms, scratching his head. "A-ah ..." The knight adjusted the large shield on his back and bent forward to grab the girl under her armpits. He lifted her awkwardly, not sure if she wanted to be cradled, tossed, or what. Children mystified him more often than not. "A-aye, what did you need, my lady?"

((bump))

Lilim smiled to Voletta as she returned with the drink and Elesa's fruits, "I can think of one other thing, if you would please, Voletta. Take a seat, face me, part your lips and close your eyes." Lilim says in a calm but almost flirtatious sounding tone.

Elesa would look to The Hanged Man as he held her awkwardly, kicking her feet softly as she reached for his chest, "I was looking for an excuse to be close to you and give you better hugs... Do you not like hugs, Mister Crow?..." she asks with a worried look in her eyes.

Lilim would wait for Voletta to sit with her and do as she requested, picking one of Elesa's grapes and gently poking it into Voletta's mouth, leaning in after and locking her lips with Voletta's for several seconds for a brief but passionate kiss away from the prying eyes of the king. Lilim would use this brief kiss to drain a portion of Voletta's stamina, hoping she'd chew up the grape and have something in her stomach to keep her going.

Voletta would raise an eyebrow at Lilim, not entirely sure what it was that she had in mind. Though she would fulfill her request, and stake a seat down in front of Lilim. She glanced at Elesa worried, hoping that she might have an answer as to what was about to happen. Though Elesa would be to preoccupied with The Hanged Man to notice. So she would sigh and close her eyes, facing Lilim and parting her lips, waiting to see what it was that she would do.

She would feel Lilim pop the grape in her mouth, but would be almost instantly surprised by the sudden locking of lips between them. Her face would turn red as she felt them kiss for just a few seconds, and all the while her stamina was slowly drained. She would feel more sluggish and tired from Lilim draining her stamina, but that was to be expected. She would chew the grape and swallow it when Lilim finished, standing up and trying to maintain her composure.

"U-Um...T-Thank you..."

She says before grabbing a platter and walking away embarrassed. Her face would be red as she circulated the room once more, approaching the prince before bowing and offering him the platter of food.

"My liege...Would you like some food from this platter for your big announcement? I know you must be anxious to reveal the lucky bride to be, and you'll want to do it on a full stomach..."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Behind Stone Walls..

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus