Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Behind Stone Walls..

The Hanged Man (played anonymously)

((He thinks he will be of more use helping them escape, which was somewhat stymied by Lilim transporting them to the front gate, but he's still trying to sow discord that will make them more difficult to track down. He also hopes he can somehow make Simon see reason, especially in the light of Merthyrs announcement. (I worry that this progressed too quickly for Kaleidoscope and Tus to properly resolve that, and I'm super sorry if so. >_<) And Hangy has other secret reasons too lol. Don't worry, maybe they'll meet again :)))
Voletta Lorelia (played anonymously) Topic Starter

((they will meet again no doubt!! If anything it gives them a reason to come back later!!))
Simon Haydn (played by Thekaleidoscope)

((I have to say having all of this happen without any chance for my guards to say even discover if this room is sealed or not seems a bit ... and I kinda hate to say this cheating. As it basically deus ex machinas you out of any possible conflict. Also I understand the IC reasons for taking her away, but doesn't it kinda chop the rp in half? As it basically turns it into two seperate things. One being the adventures of Voletta and Lilim and the other being in the keep, which wasn't really the original rp thing of spies and counter spies.))

((um, then can I ask how you think we should fix it??))

((We could retcon the last 2 posts. I don't think we have to go any further back))

((also, the point of voletta leaving is so she can join the rebellion. Voletta could potentially become a spy herself and get recaptured and brought back to the castle. She'd be able to get close enough to the king to learn of his plans, but she needs to actually join the rebellion first, which is why I wanted her to get out at least once. She wouldn't be out permanently. I kinda wanted her to escape and be recaptured for this reason, so they wouldn't be separated for long. But if you think this should go in a different direction, I'm all ears!!))
(( my humble input for possible options... See below...
Morgan knows the truth about Voletta being the king's daughter and quit army over the cruel treatment - he is suspected of being the leader of the rebels but he never leaves any proof of it, which keeps him clean in front of the law

1) Voletta gets caught at the gate by the guards and dragged back with the Hangman all the way back to Simon/Merthyr's presence - this could lead to Simon's proposal along the lines of Son, if you forfeit the girl and your feelings for her, I will spare their lives ... sort of agreement that saves Simon from telling Merthyr the truth and puts Merthyr out of this awkwardly love entangled situation.

Lilim/Elesa have managed to run away and go to the local tavern for safety/sleep it off disappointed and worried. There they will meet with Bartender Morgan, Sir Henry Morgan, leader of the rebellion and spill the beans as to what happened - forcing Morgan to send more spies in and step up the game, keep watch on Voletta, find out the kings plans and plot how to take him down.

These 2 ladies may return as maids ? or nobility for nobody saw the 2 girls leave during the commotion

In either case once back at the castle they tell Voletta about Morgan, initiating messages back and forth and clandestine meet ups

2) Voletta has managed to escape with Elesa / Lilim... the guards actually seize the hangman who of course will have to admit they escaped and will be sent to find the girls or else. It will be his duty to find Voletta and bring her back (what a bad idea to help the escape...)

During the escape, Voletta /Lilim/Elesa have managed to run away... go to the local tavern for safety/sleep it off disappointed and worried about the hangman. There they will meet with Bartender Morgan, Sir Henry Morgan, leader of the rebellion and spill the beans as to what happened - forcing Morgan to recruit Voletta and send more spies in and step up the game, to keep watch on the good hangman and find out the kings plans of war and how to bring the king's downfall / take him down.

At this point generals, the Hangman (maybe Merthyr) and guards arrive at the tavern during a door to door search for the missing girl. Could be once Hangman confesses Voletta was kidnapped or escaped, that Merthyr panic and asks Simon to help him find her, Merthyr wants her found out of love and worry and Simon to get her back... though this makes Merthyr all the more grateful to his father for helping locate and save the girl

The capture brings Voletta all the way back to Simon/Merthyr's presence for sentencing, she is a runaway slave after all - this could lead to Simon's proposal along the lines of Son, if you forfeit the girl and your feelings for her, I will spare their lives... this time... ... sort of agreement that saves Simon from telling Merthyr the truth and puts Merthyr out of this awkwardly love entangled situation

Merthyr is resigned and grateful that she is at least alive and not tortured for this

3) Re-edit previous post where they are plotting in the room and let Simon guards' have an input in find and give you chase ...

3a - you may all be caught and brought back to the king

In that case Morgan is delivering wine barrels for the ongoing feasts and will find you at the dungeon cells (cells are next to the cellar - wine n prisoners kept in the cold and dark)
In there you talk your troubles and will become enlisted into the rebels cause - by the leader himself
then you will be taken to king Simon for sentencing who will present Merthyr with "the proposal" as per above hint

3b - you may all escape and reach the tavern for safety

In the tavern you will all meet bartender Morgan who enlists you into the Rebels cause
you will get caught by guards carrying out a full door-to-door search.
Maybe Merthyr is leading the search utterly worried for his beloved who has been kidnapped or joining the generals who have been appointed to this task.
Once caught Voletta will be dragged back to the king, who will present Merthyr with "the proposal" as per above hint

3c - some of you (Elesa/Lilim) may escape whilst Hangman/Voletta get caught
Elesa/Lilim will run to the tavern to mingle with people and meet Morgan
Hangman/Voletta get taken to the king who will present Merthyr with "the proposal" as per above hint

These are all suggestions to get out of stall mode, open to be accepted, rejected or tweaked ))

((tus, you hit the nail in the head with these because I just LOVE all of these ideas!! ❤️❤️ Simon, do you have a preference??? It's your post at this point, so you can feel free to pick from the options above or share any ideas you had!! I'm ok with any of these options so long as voletta at some point joins the rebellion :/))
Lilim (played anonymously)

((If anyone would get captured it would be Lilim while Elesa and Voletta escape. Lilim made both of them a promise after all that as the strongest of them she would look after them, and she certainly would, even if that means being overwhelmed by guards while Voletta and Elesa escape into the night.

From there they could find the tavern and do as Tus suggested, but I have to stress Lilim's promise to take care of Elesa and Voletta. She wouldn't let them get captured.))

((Either way, they end up back at the castle. Just waiting to hear from simon :/))
((Well... the guards have no real reason to arrest neither Lillim nor Elesa. The gate guards probably dont even know who these two ladies are and for all they can guess these two damsels are probably two royal guests who may have just chosen to go home, tired of waiting for the announcement that didn't happen. Fact that Voletta is lurking around them is the slave trying to be crafty and sneak out at their expense.

Whilst Lilim made a promise to help Voletta, that is no guarantee of success since we also have to be logical to the IC storyline's other characters too. Guards and generals will most definitely know and want to seize Voletta - the runaway slave - and maybe the Hangman for failing to keep the slave watched as he was supposed to do but they may not care as much for 2 random richly dressed women. Perhaps they will want them arrested too, but the primary focus is likely going to be on Voletta obviously.

Final say of course rests on the guards / uber skilled generals. If Simon is happy to grab just Lilim that is ok, if he is happy the 3 escaped is OK as well, if he is happy to arrest them all, that's fine by me too))

((Well, if Lilim is seen helping Voletta escape, that would be grounds for an arrest. And if Lilim doesn't actually have ties to Biblia, I feel like that's going to come out soon, because Simon would definitely have a list of all expected party guests. So we'll just have to wait and see. :)

Personally, I'm interested in Hangman being held and interrogated, but not if no one else wants that. I'm also fine with splitting the RP, at least temporarily. I'm happy to NPC guards, spies, and the like in the other group if it comes to that.))

((like I said, so long as voletta eventually joins the rebellion I'm ok with anything :/))
((Uhmm I think interrogating the Hangman is almost unavoidable considering you left him behind and causing diversion which is very suspicious. They will want to know if the Hangman helped Voletta escape and why he did that. If he manages to convince them he did not help - due to bleeding cut on the face - and assure them he had no clue this was going to happen, they will want to know how Voletta was able to evade his watch and how she managed to run from him, who helped her or who kidnapped her, when did she leave...I guess it is also for Simon and his generals to decide how thorough a questioning but seems to me Hangman is in trouble for sure ))

((I agree. it's inevitable))

((Yup, that's true. Crow does not expect his ruse to last long. But if we end up retconning the last 2 posts things could go differently :) Just gotta wait for Kaleidoscope))

((personally, I think it would be interesting to see what happens if voletta escapes and joins the rebellion only to be recaptured by The Hanged Man moments later. but thats just me :/))
Lilim (played anonymously)

((I guess it's just me too, but I'd almost like to know how Simon and his generals would plan to torture Lilim. Due to her magical armor and natural self healing she's practically invulnerable unless her real bodily weakness is exploited.

And I'd appreciate it if spoilers were not said for those of you in this RP that have RPed with me before.))

((no worries there hun!! But yeah, it's just a matter of what Simon wants now...))

((I don't think Simon said anything about torturing anyone yet lol, but maybe I'm remembering wrong :) I don't think I realized the extent of Lilim's power though.))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Behind Stone Walls..

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus