Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Gods of the Arena & the Arena of the Gods (Open)~

Restia (played by robinnrose)

Ignoring the girl's statement, "Then I must be going the wrong way. I must see the city of Rome for which they all said about. Do you mind if I accompany you two to the city?" Faithless huh. A rarity in these parts of the world. Unexpected entertaining...I guess I'll stay longer. "If I do say, I think it is dangerous in these parts."
JAMES warrior prince ranger (played by Tusitala) Topic Starter

"Only if you fear death... soldiers like us do not... and since the gods are creations of fickle minds of scribes to scare the populace, there's naught to worry about" shrugged Cassius, the bulky large man "I for one am well cured of any such superstitions" smiled the man briefly

"You can accompany us, for sure, gods make for fine sculptures to admire, the skill of men's hands and minds" complimented Flavius smoothing the blow
Cynder Shadows (played by Lupus-Raziel-Shadows)

A short woman appeared in the doors of the temple, and approached the rest of the gods. In her left hand she held a long pole, ended in a long, black, curved blade. The Death Goddess pushed her crimson hair out of her demonic eyes, silent for the time. With a flick of her long brown tail, she laid the scythe with the rest of the deities' possessions. Her pale skin seemed to glimmer, only outmatched by the gold armlets and gold choker she wore. Her vaguely egyptian styled blue dress accented the deep black of the sclera of her eyes, which popped even more with the red glow of her pupils. And so she stepped back from the pile, and crossed her arms behind her back, folding her crimson wings closer to her body as so not to disturb anything around her.

gl-77393-1486051784.png

Hades smiled broadly to see a kin soul

"Welcome sister.... welcome to the realm... glad you joined. I am Hades, lord of the Underworld... what might your name be?" welcomed Hades pacing around and staring at the pool in the centre of the temple where events could be seen around the mortal world, though the gods were mostly concerned about the wager and so about the two disrespectful mortals

"I am Cynder Shadows, Goddess of Death from an older dimension not so different from here, and Queen of said dimension's Underworld."

She spoke, her voice deep for a woman, but still held a feminine air. While speaking, the dim light bounced off her stark white fangs. Though she looked not a day over sixteen, her voice betrayed eons upon eons of wisdom. That she had seen things as they were before creation. In fact, in her home dimension, Cynder was one of the ancients, the deities that created everything that existed at present time, meaning she was older then time itself. Though she thought that would mean nothing of much here, as these deities had feats of their own that were impressive.

"The world at large is becoming forgetful and ungrateful" complained Hades his hand waved over the pool to replay Cassius latest words which belittled the gods

"What are we to do before such blatant callous offensive behaviour?" quizzed Hades wondering what suggestions Cynder would bring to table

"They must be taught a lesson, they must be made to kneel. What do you propose our honorable guest?" muttered Zeus arms crossed clearly growing bothered, more so with Hades poking the bear

The short goddess stepped up to the pool, watching and listening to what the two mortals spoke. A look of disgust crossed her face, yet she wasn't a naturally cruel goddess, as some may think. She was torn down the middle, yes, but how to make them kneel baffled her for a moment. She closed her eyes momentarily, lost in thought. After a time, she spoke.

"Of course they need to learn we are in fact real. Yet to do this without permeant harm would be preferable."

She replied, of course meaning maiming, and at the extent, death.

"Go ahead... see what you can achieve" nodded Poseidon curious

"We already tossed our artefacts to be found and have countless temples are already scattered across the cities with our statues too, if all such is insufficient for these mortals to believe in us, we will have to make ourselves seen and known to prove our existance by using our powers indeed.

The problem with taking up human form is that it limits our powers... I for one, do not like the crippledness of being restricted in such ways, I will do so but only if there's no choice besides showing myself" muttered Hades

(I just realized I forgot to put down her appearance. I apologize)
She was quite young....at least 18 or 19 but has an aura of maturity around her. She was on the short side, of 5'3"-5'5". Long really black hair that extend to mid torso. Her eyes were dark purple....an unusual eye color.

(( You can post comments,etc in the OOC forum or in here using double brackets just like I have )) (( Anyone who wishes to join can post right away, no need to ask permission it's open to all ))

The death goddess nodded, the stepped up to the pool. She would wave her hand over the water, causing darkness to swirl within. Soon the water what solid black, then four glowing red eyes opened, looking up at the crimson haired woman.

"Invenietis illos illis probare quod quid est, sed non occidere eos."
((Translation: find them, prove to them that we do exist, yet do not kill them.))

She would say the the creature, which would blink in reply. Then the eyes disappeared, as well as the black in the water. She then looked to the other deities.

"If Cyn should not prove that we are indeed more then just stories, these men are not to be swayed, and perhaps do not deserve to be in this plane of existence."
Lwyncelyne elf druid healer (played by Tusitala) Topic Starter

"Certainly they don't deserve to breathe, ungrateful worms" agreed Hades at Cyn's comment.

Aphrodite looked at the creature of the many red eyes

"What beast was that?" asked curious if a tad concerned, beasts of the dark being hardly her favourite choice

She was all about love and passion and, why not, some mischief too.
She looked into the pool at the two men and raised an eyebrow.

"Sooo Flavius refuses every woman, even the emperor's sister Julia... I am sure Eros can have that resolved, with a well aimed arrow" smiled Aphrodite

"And sonny, if you cannot get to Flavius... get Cassius his companion... better if you just aim at both and see how it all unfolds" smirked Aphrodite twinkling her eye at the well furnished huntsman
Carmello James (played by Ambrosia)

"One Carmello, two Carmello" a young dark skin male jumped from market table to market table avoiding swords swiping at his feet. "And here we have an intricate, hand crafted idol of her grace, Persephone" he said smiling at the crowd before him. A guard swiped his sword horizontally at Carmello but Carmello was quick on his feet ducking under.

Now closer to the crowd he held it towards them to have a closer look. The pin on the idol's robe and the hem of her dress were gold. The crowd oo'd and aaah'd at how beautiful it was.

A guard took another swing at him again but Carmello vaulted over a fruit table. The force of the sword caused the the table to split in half and sent fruit to fly in every direction. Bystanders and guards alike were covered in sticky fruit juice. Carmello used a basket lid to shield a little girl and himself from the flying fruit "careful madam" he smiled at her but the child was already smiling and laughing at everything that was happening.

He smiled at her innocence, Rome may be corrupt but it still held its beauty, albeit in small portions.

"well gentlemen, it's been a pleasure but i have a date with a very special statue. ROMAN!? LET'S TAKE OUR LEAVE" It seemed as though he was talking to no one. Only a clucking of a chicken was heard. Guards and citizens were confused as to who he was talking to but little did they know... SURPRISE PICKPOCKET CHICKEN!

It seemed while Carmello was distracting everyone, a sneeky little chicken had repossessed everyone's valuables! A chicken brought to Carmello a small bag of trinkets and valuables.

Without a second to spare he disappeared into side streets and alleys without a trace. As if a ghost of a young man and his ghost chicken were robbing people... HOW DOES A CHICKEN DISSAPPEAR!?

Before long Carmello were at the locatiom of the of the others having a deep conversation witg his companikn chicken Roman "No but she carried quite the necklace!" he said to Roman.
"B'CAWK" Roman replied... Like a chicken.

((is this dead already?))

Cassius looked at Carmello.

"Oi! Halt there... you're one of those rotten thieves!" shouted Cassius sprinting into action to give the man and his chicken a good chase.

"Stop there, you can't go arresting thieves on civilian attire, are you out of your mind?! You will be in deeper trouble than he will when it comes to it." forewarned Flavius

"Ahhh... excuse us..." muttered Flavius giving chase to Cassius before he could do anything to Carmello

"a soldier without armor is just a civilian and scuffling in the street is a crime of public disorder" repeated Flavius "and you don't have armor, it got stolen this past night remember?" reminded Flavius

"better pray to gods the youth doesn't report you for assault... uhhh... forget the gods, better bribe the lad with gold so he doesn't report you" rectified Flavius right away as he thought about his words

She saw the chase went down and rode casually after them, with no haste. Regardless how far they ran, she would find them, even out of sight. Perhaps I can buy something of a rarity here and bring it home. She thought to herself before finding the two pair. "Perhaps you can go retrieve a new set of armor and said you were protecting this lovely lady here?" she smiled, "After all it would be a thank you for you to show me the way here. Would it not?"

Then the beast Cynder had sent manifested in a hidden place, not far from the two soldiers and the woman. It watched, it listened. With a low hiss, it sunk into the ground, moving between shadows cast by various objects to follow them.

gl-77393-1507650827.jpg

Roman clucked and pecked the bag, idly roamed around, answering Carmello with B'cawks and clucks. Carmello would laugh sometimes as if Roman had told a few jokes.

Cassius caught both of their attentions, Carmello quickly shielded all the valuables they had percured while Roman hid behind the idol of Persephone standing besides Carmello. Once Cassius seemed to have calmed Roman walked out ikn front of Carmello with a puffed out chest, watching him mockingly.

Carmello heard bribe and quickly sprung to his feet "Rotten thief? Friend that is a serious allugation especially walking up to me so aggressively. Who's to say you hadn't attempted to restrain me" Carmello smiled "I am merely a stanger counting his wares"

Flavius cringed at the sudden turn of events squinting to look at Carmello

"Look, we are Roman soldiers, but at present we are off duty. It's just that... my friend here... is so overly keen in his line of work, he has difficulty adjusting to civilian life from time to time. I am sure you were not perhaps mistaken?" asked Flavius attempting to convince Carmello that no harm was done or intended

"I am sure that no harm was neither done nor intended. Perhaps an apology for the offence and trouble caused might do on this occasion?" quizzed Flavius in a very obliging tone of voice looking at Cassius for the bag of gold if it came to that

Carmello looked between the two men, his tone of voice became slightly cold but he maintained his nonchalant personality "ah, brave soldiers. I can respect having pride in defending a place you love" he said, looking down at Roman who seemed to be watching the men as closely a chicken could.

"Maybe dropping the alegations might be best but i would like to ask you a question" Carmello went over to his bag and removed a beautifully hand crafted knife with multi coloured feathers attatched at the base of the hilt "do you know where this came from? "

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Gods of the Arena & the Arena of the Gods (Open)~

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus