Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Strong and Stubborn (1x1)

Nani (played anonymously)

Sair was in a back street, picking a fight with a gang. It was something he always did. Unfortunately, it was right near a place that Ariadne would be volunteering at with some homeless people. He was obviously a punk, and he held his own easily against the four gang members. Curses were filling the air from the gang and Sair himself. He wasn't trying to block anything. He just tried to attack. Just pounding on his enemies ruthlessly.
Ariadne was closing up at the soup kitchen. The evening had been mostly uneventful. people who frequented the soup kitchen, were mostly gentle, down on their luck sorts of people. Though many were on drugs, there didn't seem to be much violence in the area, no worse then any other city anyways.

She'd finished the last of the dishes, and took a step back to admire her work. Floors swept, tables cleaned..it looked ready for the next day.

Tired, from a long day of work, she grabbed her belongings, and headed out into the Ally way, locking the door behind her.
Nani (played anonymously) Topic Starter

The gang members saw Ariadne come out, their attention being taken by the pretty girl. They liked that much more than they liked being beat on by Sair. They pulled away, trying to get out from Sair's wrath, and rushed towards Ariadne. "Hey, what's a pretty girl like you doing in a place like this?" one of the gang members said. However, Sair wasn't going to let them just walk off. He ran after them, and grabbed the one closest to her, slamming him into the wall. "I ain't done with you yet!" he growled. He turned around to beat back the others, too. He wasn't protecting her, though. He was just trying to beat them senseless.
Ariadne was somewhat surprised by the gang member's presence in the ally way, not that it seemed that unlikely, just that she had not encountered it yet. She rolled her eyes when the one addressed her. She slipped her hand into her purse for the large can of bear mace she carried with her.

She was somewhat taken aback when a man, presumably one of the gang members, or perhaps of a rival gang, came running after them, beating on them with an air of senseless violence. She dropped the mace back into her bag, and grabbed her cell phone. Cops were the best idea at this point.

Sair spotted the cellphone that she pulled up and took a few light, fast steps towards her, taking hold of her wrist. "Call the cops and you're dead, missy. This ain't your business. It's between me and these pathetic pitbulls." The gang members looked between each other, then decided it was not worth the possibility of cops along with being beaten by this psycho. They took off fast, Sair cursing as he saw them leave.
Ariadne became a bit frightened as the obviously crazed man grabbed her wrist, and threatened her. Her other hand slipped into her purse, feeling around for the can of mace again, meanwhile, trying to wrench her wrist from his grasp.

Sair let go of her and growled after the fleeing gang. "Great.." He grumbled out a few more curses, then glanced back at Ariadne and pointed a finger at her. "Don't you dare call the damn cops, or they'll get a beating too." His eyes narrowed, then he turned and started walking off. Now that his punchingbags had run off, he had nothing to do.
Ariadne called the cops the minute he'd turned his back, and had walked away. The man was obviously unhinged, and it didn't seem safe to just let him, wonder the streets, being a menace.

The operator had answered and Ariadne whispered, so as to not draw his attention back to her, as he was leaving the alley.

"Hey, Im at the alley way between the 300 and 200 block of 16th ave, there is a.... like, drug addled man on the street.." She went on to explain she though he might be a danger to the public of the area.

The police were sent, and the sirens went off. Sair frowned. He turned and dashed towards her, grabbing her by the arm and running, dragging her along. He found an alleyway and stepped into it, pushing her against the wall. Not gently, but not rough either. "You just don't listen, do you? Stupid girl! You're more trouble than anything's worth."
Ariadne had been this scared, few times in her life. She'd been hoping that the response time would be slower, that she would have time to get out of harms way. The cops were too efficient.

She let out a small yelp as he grabbed her, and maybe a bigger one, as he pushed her carelessly into the wall.

"P-please don't hurt me.." She felt for the mace again, this time finding it with her fingertips, and pulling it into her grasp.

Sair looked at her for a moment, frowning. "Pathetic. You're all so damn PATHETIC!" He slammed his fist against the wall by her head. His eyes, two very different colors, seemed full of...something? Pain? It wasn't clear. There was so much rage. "Just leave me alone. You have nothing to do with me, so don't bother with my life! Let me do what I want!" He pulled back and started down the alley path.
Ariadne had let out a short shriek as his fist came down beside her head. She'd though he was going to hit her, and had closed her eyes, bracing herself for impact, but the hit never came, he'd hit the wall instead.

She opened her eyes hesitantly, and up close, could see the odd look in his eyes. She couldn't put her finger on what exactly the emotion was. She was taken aback by his words, angered by them.

"Leave YOU alone? You attacked me, you THREATENED me, and I need to leave YOU alone?" She'd never been very good at censoring herself, even when her best interest was in mind. Certainly it wasn't wise to aggravate the Lunatic.

Sair frowned. "You busted up MY fight, and you called the cops on ME. DON'T tell me you're not involved in this!" He shook his head at her and kept walking. He wasn't a lunatic, just..angry. Very angry. But often lunacy had anger within it. He wasn't quite happy. At all. This girl was getting on his nerves.
"I called the cops because you threatened to kill me! Who wouldn't, your obviously out of control." She cursed herself in her head. She was going to get herself killed. 'Turn and walk away Ariadne, turn and walk away.' She told herself. She began to do so. She really didn't want to test out how long it took before he started feeling stabby.

Sair rolled his eyes. "Threatened to kill you IF YOU CALLED THE COPS. I should do good on it." He let her walk away, though. He just started walking away as well. He'd never meet up with the chick again, it didn't matter. Definitely didn't matter. (timeskip? They can run into each other again, lol xD)
(Sure)

It had been two weeks since the incident had taken place in the Alley, and Ariadne had nearly forgotten about it. It was her day off, from both the soup kitchen and her job as a paramedic.

She'd had big plans to meet her sister at a club in the heart of downtown, to drink and dance, in celebration of her promotion at work. The night had gone well enough, they'd gotten drunk off of jello shots, and talked for hours. It was after that was proving to go a little less well.

She'd missed the last bus across town, and had no money for a cab. She was stuck walking, drunk, and alone. This time, she walked with the can of mace in her hand, her cell in the other.

Sair stumbled out of another alleyway, right into her path. Not that he realized it. He was leaning against the corner of the building. The streetlight shone on him, and it was obvious he was not in the best shape. Apparently, the gang had come back, with friends. He was beat up and bleeding, shirt and jacket town from knife wounds. He was using the corner of the building to support himself, at the moment. His eyes glanced up, landing on Ariadne. They practically shone in the darkness, so bright even in the night.
She nearly ran into him, having not noticed him until a second before inevitable collision. She apologized, and then realized who it was. It was the weirdo from before. She jumped back, momentarily frightened.

Then she noticed he was bleeding. Her eyes widened. Paramedic mode kicked in, and momentarily forgetting that he was likely a dangerous criminal, she got closer.

"Have you been stabbed?!"

Sair was knocked into, and he fell to his butt, groaning slightly from the pain. He put an arm over his chest, closing his eyes. "..yeah, so what? Happens all the time.." He groaned again, trying to decide whether he wanted to get up or not. It was much less painful to sit than stand. Much, much less painful.
"Spray me with that sh*t and you'll look worse than I do." he grumbled, looking at the mace in her hand.
Ariadne dropped the can into her purse without a second thought. This man needed help, crazy or not, she had a moral duty to help him. She dropped to her knees beside him. "You need to go to a hospital." She reached out for his shirt, intending to pull it away from the wound.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Strong and Stubborn (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus