The misery the race has turned into

Ergo a cabeça sim mas apenas para sentir
a lâmina fria que me beija a nuca

Ipso Facto, Axis Mundi!
Equinox in every word
Falling leaves in every soul
In every word in every soul
We're lost in a dying world

It is the time when everyone who can, has left Earth generations ago for the new colonies and holds no sentiment for planet they origin from. It is the time when beings that hid them selves to preserve peace decide to lay their claim on the wrecked world. It is the time when dragons, elves, beasts and mages roam the land among humans. It is the time when everything we have imagined and more is on verge of war with everything we can create with technology.

And in this time, two unlikely people meet and are bound together by threads of Fate, for better or for worse.

Currently Starring: Leila Ragnarok and Erbrow Seba played by Sadrain and Myron Of The Golden Spark, Baron Coldfire and Gnashing Bones played by Rynh.
To think all this happened by a simple pull of a lever...

An old part of California, there where war over the ages ravaged the land. People avoid it now. Its history is a painful one, filled with destruction and death. It was here one of the bloodiest wars in history was fought, all fought in the name of glory, yet none enjoyed it. Recent rumors have shown up, claiming to have some important artifacts and ancient museum pieces from the world before the 'monstrous' races have shown up. Most of these being underground in old buildings the sun hasn't touched in decades.

In a large open area where no light was to be found, would Myron emerge. This plain of rock was very unstable. This was a street once, until skyscrapers fell against one another, leaving one open space through a hallway of narrow passages.

From the top of this open space, a light emerged out of thin air, slowly opening into a deep purple and golden flash. It slowly widened until it finally showed itself in an oval shape, purple lining keeping the golden light in its place. For moments, nothing happened, except for the entire area being illuminated. Then a strange sound seemed to be coming from the strange light.

"....uuuuuuuck!" A man fell down the light, or was it a man? He looked like a boy, whatever he was, he fell like a rag doll from the portal and then fell flat on his back in the middle of the street. Myron groaned. That did not tickle!

Strangely though, the portal remained open, and now was revealed why. Another figure fell down from the light; a fuzzy monkey, screeching in fear as it finally landed onto Myron's gut, which was answered by a very strained "oompff." The little creature then ran around like a disoriented cat before finally leaving out of sight through some rubble.

It took a while for the Djala to get up. He luckily took a step aside as one final thing fell through the portal; a wrench the size of a grown up man. When this thing fell down with a loud 'clank' the portal disappeared and the ruins were pitch black once more. It was quiet for a moment until the Djala uttered his first words on Earth."Well this sucks."
Leila Ragnarok (played by Sadrain) Topic Starter

As sun hid behind clouds, promising rain in near future, time seemed to pass slowly. The air was still, no breeze nearby, and it was closest thing to peace this world could have. But the illusion easily shattered, as an unnatural light appeared in the comfortable darkness. It was not the light that would bring changes, however, but what it brought forth.

First came a man, then a fuzz ball and finally a tool or weapon. If came was the right word, rather they fell rather heavily. After the young man - boy? - spoke, there was brief silence and then the shadows in doorway of one of the buildings stirred. A form separated from the darkness, walking towards him, and after a moment, a woman's figure could be made out. She walked down a narrow, unstable plank with a grace, her expression still like the air around them.

Her face was pale, with dark eyes staring intensively at him, the hair framing her face was light. Was there even anything not in chromatic tones about her? It was hard to tell in this light. She seemed to wield no weapons, only over her hand was thrown a black coat or cape.

The young woman - she could be only slightly older than him, really - stopped not far off and her mouth formed a smirk. "Welcome," she said, but something in the way she said it made it feel quite the opposite, even though her voice was soft and even melodious. She began circling him, brows furrowing as she took in full sight of the stranger. If there were going to be any more explanations, it seemed she wasn't going to rush with them.
The young lad wore nothing special. His usual cotton shirt and the dark brown leather hooded jacket with fitting pants as well as boots and black fingerless gloves. Though strange about his attire were the thick goggles he wore. It became clear he was working on something when he got transported.

He looked at the woman with a frown. She was pretty good looking, that's for sure. At least that was his first thought, the second thought was something along the lines of her acting weird. But what amazed him more was the fact he understood her."Huh, you speak the Mountain Tongue." He remarked. In Creation there were many languages, one of these being the Mountain Tongue."That means I'm still in Dragonblooded lands." he speculated as he grabbed a notepad from one of his many pockets and a pencil."Did I stumble into the witch's lair or something?" Myron grinned."Forgive me, I'll leave as soon as possible." He said as he wrote things down.

From the shadows the monkey reappeared and crawled gracefully back onto Myron's shoulder. Its cute little white face and big eyes looked over at Leila curiously."Borris, staring is rude."

Her eyes widened slightly, as if she was somewhat taken aback by the fact he understood and replied. It was possible she hadn't heard clearly what the man had said before. Now, in her ears, it was clearly English language, with an accent or underlying tone that made the girl cautious.

She lowered her eyelashes, as if pondering some things for a brief moment, but then smiled, nearly kindly. "This is not a witch's lair, but if you wish to see more of the land, I can guide you out. It's quite the maze here." If he would know what thoughts were crawling around her head, he would probably never accept the offer. It might not be a witch's home, but quite possibly something more mean was offering him help.

For there were many things that Leila believed, but prophets and gods were not on the list. The fact 'the prophet' spoke perfect English made her more than skeptical and she now felt quite sure it was some sort of set up. Even if he blabbered something about unknown lands and seemed quite surprised. It all could be part of it. And then, she would deal accordingly. However, if it wasn't, few simple reactions should reveal it, unless he was perfect actor.

The girl turned her back and began walking, white lace edge of skirt softly swaying around her knees. The high heels of the laced boots seemed to give her no trouble as she moved over the rubble. If he didn't follow, Leila paused, looking over her shoulder and made an inviting gesture: "come." The surroundings, she and him - one endless mix of contrasts, like pieces from different puzzles thrown together, and somehow forced together.
The goggled Djala frowned at the woman."If this isn't the lair of a witch, then what in the blazes are you doing in such a damp place?" He wondered out loud. His monkey suddenly clawed for his hood and pulled it over his head, which made Myron frown even more."...thanks?"

He quickly caught up with the girl. But he sensed something was odd about her. She seemed helpful enough, but why did she come over so... eerie? The Djala took out a neatly folded map from one of his many pockets."You can help me pinpoint where we are when we're out." He mumbled as he overlooked his map, even though it was dark.

"Oh, I'm Myron by the way. And this handsome fella is Borris. Say, do you think he'd look swell with a top hat?" He asked out of the blue.

Although there was no retort from the girl on his inquiry, she took note of it, and most likely not in the way he had meant it. She just glanced sideways down to map, smile still in place, but her eyes were cold. Had they ever smiled at all? Today? Or in her life? With a quick glance over the map - the dim light hid nothing from her sight -, Leila had to admit it looked rather real. The material, and most importantly, letters, were different than anything she had seen. It was not enough to convince her, nowhere near that.

She had been right - it was quite the maze among the rubble, buildings and remains of them, metal pieces hanging low over the pathways and narrow 'streets' that remained, or rather, now were created anew. If he thought the girl was eerie, this was the worst kind of ghost town. Even if there was no wind to howl in the empty winds, the absolute stillness seemed to have the same unnerving effect.

Upon his introduction, Leila gave a small smile. "I am called Leila. It is... Nice to meet you." A pause, as if she was looking for the proper words. But the words seemed genuine enough? She looked at the monkey, as if really considering such a look on him, but then shook her head. Apparently, the girl wasn't the talkative type. Few heavy rain drops fell now.

Then they reached the edge, quite abruptly. The remains of the city stood on a hill, and as far as eye could see there was what people now knew as pollution, people and catastrophe savaged land. Withered, black trees, deformed, ground that looked wounded, with warts and gashes that bled something black and a fog in the distance. The rain drops became more frequent now, starting to play a chilling melody in the ruins.

"This," Leila spoke, hidden bitterness under the coldness of her tone, as she gestured towards the scenery, "is Earth, as you may or may not know, Myron." She looked back at him, blinking quickly as rain fell in her lashes, but her stare was penetrating the man, looking for any signs, any reactions that would give him away as an Earthling of any kind. "That map won't help you, unless you it shows detailed map of every realm in the existence and then some."
"what what what what what what what!?" He didn't seem to get it at all. The woman spoke Mountain Tongue. He should be in the mountains! In fact, he should still be close to the cave he used to call home. But there was no mountain in sight."Earth? This.. This isn't Creation? Am I in the Wylde? No... No not enough jungle. And I still have four appendages." He threw his map to the ground in anger."Stuck in a realm that smells like Borris' butt, just wonderful!" The monkey took offence to that and smacked the Djala on his head before jumping off of his shoulder and scurrying off into the rubble.

Though he was angered, that soon came to pass as he asked the woman a hopeful question."Is there actually a part in this realm that's... less... dead?"

The girl calmly pulled out a thin fabric hood and put it over her head. Despite being of such a soft material, none of the water soaked trough, protecting her well. Leila's clothes weren't all about beauty, they always possessed some practical traits.

"Put this on," she pushed the cape hung over her arm towards Myron. The facade of sweet girl slowly crumbled away, maybe because sights like these hurt her against her own better judgement. Not the shocked, angered man, but the dying earth. It was something she could vaguely associate with. His reaction was remotely funny, however.

"This is small bit of Earth, some parts have suffered more, other are still lush and green. I can tell you something that might cheer you up, though," there was sarcasm in her voice now and Leila crossed arms under her breasts, cynical smirk settling on her lips, "you're supposed to save this planet. Or that's what huge bunch of loonies think."
Myron grabbed the cape and wrapped it around him, looking like some bald guy trying to play dress-up as the Grim Reaper."Thanks." He sighed."When I wanted to be far away from the Dragonborn I didn't mean THAT far."

The Djala looked confusedly at Leila."Really? Me? Perhaps there's some other guy with a portal who's supposed to come by. Saving a planet is not my mission, I'm supposed to build machinery." He admitted, figuring the girl would not know one thing about Solars, seeing as how he's in an entirely different realm."Besides, I'm just a Djala. Back in Creation my people are slaves, and here I'm supposed to be the hero of time and space or something? Earth sounds like Creation on opposite day." He smirked.

Myron looked up in the sky and through the clouds he could still see the sun. The Sun? Wasn't this a different realm?

"You're a big fat liar, aren't you?" He said as he pointed upwards."What is the Unconquered Sun doing here when he's supposed to be in Creation, huh?" But then it struck him."..The Game Of Gods... The Unconquered Sun is here." He gasped."Okay, sure, I'll save your realm! But I want an audience with Him." He said as he pointed upwards again. In his mind he believed he had found where The Game Of Gods was being played. He could finally make his request the Unconquered Sun had promised him so long ago.

The girl stood calmly, face partially turned away from him, not even trying to seem very interested. He took the 'news' surprisingly seriously. She wasn't going to convince him about some old prophecy, it wasn't her job. On top of that, she didn't believe it her self. So, Myron could blabber all he wanted.

However, when he accused her, the girl turned towards him, body growing slightly tense as she leaned closer.
"Listen up, kid, I don't care what you think or what you do and that is why I have no reason to lie to you. I am getting paid for getting you to bunch of madmen who believe you to be savior, and that is all. They can bother with convincing you. For me, you're just a kid who fell out from a portal and hit his head a bit too hard."
Maybe she was the type to not let any insult slip by without throwing it back. Most likely so, actually. Why Leila called him kid wasn't exactly hard to tell - he did seem younger than his age - and it would probably stick with him, since having respect for others wasn't on her to-do list.

"But, sure, we can get you close and personal audience with sun, like a rocket straight to it," she added in sarcastic tone. "Now, get moving, there is quite the drive to city." Without waiting on Myron, young woman began walking down what remained from old path. It took them about half an hour to get the thicket where her vehicle was hidden in thicket. Leila quickly removed old branches from it, revealing a smoothly black machine, slim and narrow like a bolt. Sides of it slid open upon a silent command, revealing two seats and she got in, glancing sideways to Myron.
Myron grinned, pointing at her with a suave look in his face and his fingers acting like guns."But I'm special, aren't I? And you seem to be mad. Both literally and mentally. Flying a rocket to the Unconquered Sun. Tsk. What's next? Causing fluxmatic spasms without a pinforcer?"

The idea of a group of people seeing him as their savior was an idea Myron rejoiced. He clearly wasn't their savior. He got here by accident after all. Still, if he could make them believe he was, and even make Leila doubt his sanctity, he could have a lot of fun here on Earth. However his thoughts were disrupted by noticing her... floating capsule?"Huh. That doesn't look comfortable at all. Oh, damn! I forgot my wrench!" He smacked his forehead. Once he removed his hand a strange glowing mark appeared over the place his hand was seconds ago. A circle with the bottom half filled with glowing gold.

The Djala's few spots were glowing bright yellow as his eyes were pupilless. With his hand he made a circle with his finger, which opened up a small portal, though it wasn't the same caliber as the one he fell though. The outlines were still purple though. He put his hand through it and pulled out the same giant wrench that fell from the portal. Only it was slowly getting smaller as Myron held it in his hand. Each time it got a state smaller, sparks emerged from it, until he could stick in between his belt.

Oh, right, cleanse the land. I have to make Earth less lame." He snapped his fingers, and a small ball of golden light floated on top of his palm, which he threw onto some rubble. The rubble slowly crumbled into gold chunks, which turned into gold dust and eventually disappeared."Healing Earth, one rock at a time." He grinned as the mark disappeared, his spots were black once more and his pupils returned as well."Come on, Borris! We're going to meet some lunies!" The monkey appeared from behind the capsule and climbed back onto Myron's shoulder as he took his place inside.

Leila resisted slight urge to roll her eyes, however there was some frustration building up in her. She didn't like his attitude and how he seemed to understand most things she talked about while she had no idea what he mentioned. Somehow, it only made her more assured about him being fake. There could be only so many similarities between one realm and another.

At his little display of powers, she seemed utterly unimpressed. Her eyes did follow each his move and spark from wench, then the dust from rubble, but that was all. "Loonies sure have to hope you live few thousand of years if you're going to work at this rate," Leila commented as the doors slid shut with silent hydraulic hiss.

The vehicle took off with quite a sudden yank, but after that, the flight was smooth, although long. The glass that seemed to be black from outside was clear from inside and Myron had no hardships seeing the scenery. On Leila's side, there were various screens popping up and going away, but most seemed to be located on wide front panel.

Land grew healthier as the machine flew onward, and there were even tress and something alike meadows, but the rain that grew heavier and heavier gave it all a gray feeling, as if the struggling green was just a meek attempt that would never survive. Leila was quiet and it was hard to read her still expression. She seemed to never look at Myron, but in truth, part of her consciousness was locked to things that did watch him.

Rain slightly lessened when a small coastal town came into the sight. It seemed as gloomy as whole evening and apparently was their destination. Leila slowed down and the vehicle softly glided down next to one of the outer buildings. "Put the hood up," she told him, although probably unnecessarily so, because of the rain, and climbed out. Opening doors of the building seemed to be a sort of signal for vehicle, because (if Myron was out), it moved inside and Leila shut the heavy doors, sliding the key in pocket hidden somewhere among the laces.

She didn't go down the street but rather walked around the edge of the town, boots sometime sticking in the mud, until they came to to a big tree with nearly no leaves left. Quickly, Leila pushed thick sod piece aside, revealing a wooden door. "After you," she gestured to the black mouth of entrance in the ground. There were ladder there, and a faint light reflection flickering somewhere deep down.
Myron was amazed by the vehicle. In Creation they had flying machines that went just as fast, but land vehicles. Borris was amazed as well, though mainly scared. The poor monkey screamed all the way to the landing point until Myron finally shut him up."Borris! I swear, I will slap your face!" At that point the monkey stayed nice 'n quiet.

When he got out, all he could utter was "Wow! That was amazing! I need to bring this technology back to Creation! It went so fast!" He laughed."Nifty little thing that is." He seemed to have forgotten about unimpressed she was. It would change, he knew that.

When they entered the tree, he refused to go first."No no no, these guys think I'm their saviour. You go in, present me to them, and I'll jump right in with all my flair 'n stuff. Sound like a plan?"

One must have quite the nerve to endure something like a screaming monkey for prolonged period of time, but apparently, she did have it. Despite the ruckus, Leila's expression remained rather unchanged, although later she would admit to her diary that it was a challenge.

At the tree, the mask slightly cracked, as the girl leaned on the tree, lips trembling for brief moment before she let out dry chuckle. "Do you really think they would send me to fetch you if their location was so close by?" she asked in rhetoric manner, one eyebrow quirked. Before there was any time to give reply, the girl continued.

"This is just the passage to underground harbor. Tomorrow we take ship that will arrive about two days later on the Island and after that, we need another day to get to loonie headquarters. So, get moving. I need to go last to seal the entrance."

There was little chance she would give much more information at this moment. If Myron finally complied and climbed down, he would see a dark corridor, illuminated by some strange looking torches that had fire, yet it did not burn or spread warmth. The corridor, with its wet and mossy walls, ends in a large cavern, with docks at the far end, and eerie town to fill the space between.

It was not abandoned - there were light in the windows -, but there weren't people walking everywhere or loud noises. Just a quiet shadow of a town. And compared to the brick, stone and metal town above, it seemed simple, most buildings made of wood.
If the strange duo and the monkey would have come this far, Leila would lead them onward to a building with sign "Fisher's Inn". Inside, the lounge and something alike bar merged into one room. And there is the strangest crowd. A person that looksd like half cat at one table, another bulky man with tattoos covering all of his face at another, but the strangest of them all is someone in corner - his skin partially covered in intricate metal designs, but maybe they are actually part of his skin, and there are scales, a lot of them, and still normal human skin in-between. Only the eyes are distinctively human like, and maybe with more emotion than many of this inn's patrons put together.

Leila would head directly to the counter, sliding three shiny coins towards the man. He looked as one of most casual, compared to inn's patrons. "I need a room for the kid over there and two meals," she motions towards Myron. "We're all full, Shadow, you know that," man replies a bit nervously, rubbing his chin.
"I need a room," the young woman repeats and does not add more coins as it would be expected. Inn's owner hesitates, then nods and grabs the coins. "Fine. Where did ya get him anyways, Shadow?" he asks, with obvious curiosity. And although normally she would ignore any questions, she smirks slightly: "he fell from a high place."

The man starts to laugh, "or you shook him down, eh? Eh?", but this time there is no answer and Leila retreats to one of the corner tables, sitting down. There are many hooded people like her here, and still it feels like quite a couple pair of eyes are settled on her. And, no, not just the woman's who has 3 of them.
When Leila was done explaining, Myron threw his arms in front of with a gasping face."They're loonies! I don't expect them to make sense! I expect them to wear silly hats and dance around a bonfire with a stick up their butts!"

Myron followed the girl down, and found this new village they were in even worse than the rubble they emerged from."Why do you insist on leading me to even lamer places?" He mumbled as he looked around, his hood still up.

Inside the bar, it was even worse."Yeah, this place isn't shady at all." He said as he waved enthusiastically at all the visitors."Hello guys! I love you all!" He grinned, standing a bit too close to Leila."Actually, good sir. I fell from an accident interdimensional gateway. Common mistake, really."

Leila grimaced slightly behind his back, but said nothing. Maybe eventually Myron would quiet down if she did not reply to him at all. In the end, there were also earplugs as a last resort. However, it would take quite a lot more than one chattering kid to break trough her walls and push the girl into using something like that.

When the business about room was finished, but the guy kept on chattering, she grabbed his arm at hand's joint and pulled to the corner table. For someone of her stature, she possessed quite a deal of strength, but maybe it wasn't physical strength that made Myron's arm feel quite limp? "Sit," Leila ordered him in quiet voice, like a badly trained puppy and took a seat of her own.

Arms crossed again, she stared at Myron. Or maybe something behind him. However it was, it was locked on the subject as if the girl was seeing well trough it. Leila guessed the food would arrive in about twenty minutes, at the very best, but probably later, since there staff would be more busy rumoring than preparing the meal.
"Ouch, ouch, ouch, that's my favorite arm you're holding there!" The Djala sat down, rubbing over his joint. There was certainly something up with her. The first ever so loud and energetic boy's demeanor completely changed as he made a circle with his finger, summoning another portal. From it he grabbed a steel ball, about the size of a man's head. Then the portal closed again.

The ball was engraved with strange letters, similar to those on Myron's map, and had a rusty brown color. Myron pulled the ball open, revealing that inside was the projection of a large holographic orb, surrounded by small hexagons. The thing kind of looked like Saturn, but with three extra rings surrounding it.

As the pair waited the Djala swung the rings around with his index finger, tapping one of the hexagons revealed more strange letters, similar to those on the steel husk, inside the orb. Myron tapped quite a few, so Leila could see pictures of both landscapes as well as people and creatures. The boy leaned on his arm as he repeatedly tapped on the hologram, staying quiet while he did. Until he ordered his monkey, who sat near Leila."Borris, hair."

If possible, Borris would swiftly pluck a strand of hair off of Leila's head and run over to Myron with it, who'd examine the strand and run his finger over it before tapping another hexagon.

Although the pair was watched very closely by the other patrons, after Myron's loving exclamation, it seemed no one was surprised by the portal or the magical-mechanical ball. Still, quite a few eyes followed the changing images closely. Leila seemed to be faintly interested in the item as well, gaze slowly sliding down to it.

She did not stop the monkey from pulling out a hair, although she probably could, nor she as much as winced. With certain interest, she watched him to inspect it. The hair was quite silky and thin, but then there was sudden stab in his fingers and it turned into strand of darkness that melted with all the light on it. Her left mouth corner tugged upward in slight smirk, as she looked Myron in the eye, if he happened to look up at her.

Few minutes later, an elderly woman brought their plates with steaming soup, bread and two cups of some murky looking drink that was surprisingly delicious when tasted. She also handed a key to the girl, apparently to the ordered room. Leila ate slowly - the food wasn't bad, but in all honesty, she didn't care much about that. As long as she received sustenance to keep on moving, the taste did not matter. Only exceptions were sweets - she did have a horrible sweet tooth. And coffee had to be as good as possible.

When both of them had finished eating, the girl stood up. "Let's go to our rooms," she told him in quiet, but stern voice and headed for the stairs to second floor. There were many rooms and she decisively went to fourth one on right. Hopefully, he had followed and she handed Myron the key. "Yours is two rooms down the hall, on left." Apparently, they weren't sharing living space. It could be a relief, but could seem unreasonable, if she was to be his watcher. She didn't need to worry about that, however...
When the strand stung his finger he winced back and looked at her, his eyes in a state of anger and confusement."Update. Leila's definitively the witch I suspected her to be." Once he said that he tapped the hexagon with the finger that touched the strand, and soon Leila's picture would appear with sentences filled out next to it. When the food arrived he closed the orb and threw it back into a portal, which closed as soon as it opened.

Myron munched his food down happily."I like this stuff!" He proclaimed with a mouth full as he slurped his soup down."We don't have this thick vegetable water in Creation." He explained as he was done gulping it down. He didn't seem to mind the sweets either, though it might not have been a great idea to give him anything containing sugar.

Myron did follow her obediently for a change. Though he couldn't help but wave at the patrons before heading up the stairs."You've been a most enjoyable audience. Thanks for not beating me up!" Once he got upstairs and received the key he didn't think twice before he ran to his room and kicked the door in."Yer on mah turff, cockroaches!" He said in a deep voice, but he sounded dissapointed when it was a clean room. Once he closed the door, only the Unconquered Sun knew what he might be doing in there.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Axis Mundi [Closed]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus