Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Vikings: Kill the dragon (Open)

AYNOR slayer rogue ranger (played by Tusitala) Topic Starter

Aynor scratched his chin thoughtfully and dismounted offering the man his horse.

"The crew is following right behind us, I'll get a steed off them when they get here. You will need the beast to help you carry all your belongings safely and quickly" explained Aynor seeing this as the most logical approach, unsure why, but trusting the man already

"Have you ever killed dragons before? or have an idea how to achieve that?" asked Aynor interested in the new commer's skills

"We shall need Thor's hammer and all his strength too to kill a beast of that size and strength, it is... no ordinary task..." muttered Aynor blaming Loki for the beast being there and wrecking havok
As Bjorn walked along searching for the source of smoke rising in the distant air he thought to him self " maybe glory lies on the other side. Or at least women and mead" he laughed aloud as he walked on.
"I wonder if Ivar has made it back to kahtagat" he thought as he opens a bottle of mead to take a swig but was cut short by the sound of hoofs and voices. Smiling he took a big gulp before putting his mead away and grabing his twin battleaxes.
" Finally some fun" he mumbled as he approached the sounds with new found hope of battle and glory.
Lupus approached the wreckage upon a great fiery beast. He had summoned the horse when he saw another race off towards the crash, and chose to follow. He urged the beast to walk around the remains of the ship, before approaching the other two.
"I have not seen such a thing in a long time. Tell me stranger, what world do you hail from?"

gl-98573-1515509280.jpg
JAMES warrior prince ranger (played by Tusitala) Topic Starter

Loki was certainly not amused to find Lupus Shadows there. The presence of this being was a jeopardy to his... harmless... fun as he liked to put it.

First he had abducted Quintus out of his futuristic world, meddling with dimensions, time, space and distance to make him crash into this past that humans no longer even remembered if it ever was part of their world.

Then came the impersonation, by far his favourite... oh he loved playing coy with the king and his advisors. Conrad and Pentre were so gullible, it was not hard at all to convince the lord knight to have these humans poisoned and cast out. He had a preference for hunting the righteous ones.

Those unwavering warriors, those honorable knights and those righteous rangers, people who rarely wielded into wrongdoing now labelled as criminals and tossed out into the cold to become prey of the mighty dragons.

He was not counting on the other gods interferring too much in this timeline often cast as myth, legend and consigned to oblivion. All he had to do now was to trap the gods themselves as powerless punny humans like the rest, bowing before his feet. It was no easy task but not an impossible one nonetheless.
"You ...beast rider." Said Bjorn as he arrived to the ship wreck.
"Is this your doing then?" He asked looking at the strange fiery mount.
"Cause by Odins beard boy I'm a lot tougher then a boat ". Said Bjorn watching the three men carefully spinning his battle axe.
"No, sir, this was not of my doing."

Lupus said as he dismounted the flaming beast. As soon as the god's feet touched the ground, the mighty steed vanished in a whip of smoke. With his golden tail wrapped around his waist like a furry belt, only his solid red eyes and long white hair seemed out of place. He stood a good six feet in height, and was clearly no stranger to battle. His well toned muscles and many scars could testify to that.

gl-98573-1511826833.jpg
"Then what has ripped this ship a sunder like a child's play toy" said Bjorn keeping his eyes on the white hair warrior. "That stead..." he thought to himself. "Could he be Loki the trickster ".
"You there .." he said pointing his axe at the two other men. "What happened here?" He asked calmly as drops of mead fell from his braided blond beard.

"Our liege lord and mighty leader decided to have us all poisoned and... the only remedy for it is fresh warm dragon's blood. A sure way to rid the kingdom of the beast. There are substantial sums offered too. Will you join us in this quest?" asked Aynor seeing the warrior.

"I can neither offer you shelter nor glory, only the gold and after the deed is done" explained Aynor calm and steady.

"Whatever gods awakened the beast, for whatever unphatomable reasons, this dragon has been destroying the realm and clamining enough lives as it is. But we know not where is its lair and we shall need all the help we can get" admitted Aynor meekly
"Could it be? "Bjorn thought to himself as the tension left his shoulders.
"Your Lord poisoned You? "He laughed aloud as he put his battle axes into the harness on his back. "Their is something foreboding about the world as of lately" he thought.
"I am Bjorn the Destroyer" he said more calmly. "And I care not for your Lord who poisons his own men but this dragon has caught my attention. Tell me more traveler?" He asked .
"By the gods I pray it's not Ragnorok he thought to himself
f1c0f9e9c35e2a124168c3472ff5e1aa.jpg
"From the short time of being in this place, I have gathered that it is a grand beast of destructive power. I have heard it has cause great damage to this kingdom."

The god in disguise spoke in reply. He reached to his back, where his odd sword hung from his pack. He took it, sheath, belt, and all from the pack and strapped it to his waist, just below his golden tail. He would then moved to the metal wreckage that was once a grand space ship. He laid a hand on the cooling metal. The remaining heat didn't bother him. The ship would need repairs before the stranger could leave, but he couldn't do it now. Not with everyone here. His cover would be blown if he did.

"All I can say is that no mortal blade can kill it or harm it in any way... believe me, I am a dragon slayer and I failed, my steel did not even pierce or scrape it" muttered Aynor frowning darkly at the obvious failure

"We will need Thor's hammer at the very least and a man strong enough to wield it... " muttered Aynor rubbing the back of the neck and trying to describe the beast that belonged to Loki himself

"Resembles a Basilisk, a sort of huge snake that is deadly and it is horrid to behold..." mused Aynor "I myself would settle for killing a normal dragon, you know, flying beast that breathes fire. That will do me just fine, for its blood is good enough an antidote and those too are ravanging this realm" muttered Aynor
"Don't let it get to you" said Bjorn noticing the frustration on the man's face. "It was a basilisk you say?" He asked while handing his mead to the dark haired man.
" Drink with me dragon slayer. Any man who charges head first into danger is worthy of Ivars mead " he chuckled.
"In my home it is custom for warriors to drink to the hunt. I will join you on your quest. May Odin smile upon our success "

Aynor nodded in acceptance, feeling less disappointed upon hearing this Viking's words.

"I shall drink to success and a good hunt indeed, glad to partake in your customary..." nodded Aynor grabbing the tankard of mead and raising it respectful in a friendly salutation downing it without spilling any, briefly wiping his wet lips with the back of the hand once it was done.

"Now then... which way shall we proceed?" prompted Aynor not minding which direction they took so long they went on the move

"There is a shrine to Odin, the druids keep it in good condition... we could go there to seek his blessings in this rather dire undertaking..." mused Aynor well aware they needed deities support to take down the creature that had emerged from the waters and wrecked death wherever it passed through, no less than the flying dragons did.
"Yes Odins blessing would suffice. Though Mjolnir would be better" chuckled Bjorn.
"VALHALLA awaits those who show true bravery my friend." He added putting away his mead.
"We should be on our way soon," said Bjorn looking at the ship wreckage.
"This beast is on a path of destruction and the longer we wait the more damgae is caused".
Quintus (played by Deathmarch419)

Quintus was deep in thought, even when more strangers arrived, and a few addressed him his only response was a respectful nod. The idea that a world in which magic and mythical creatures existed a lot to take in...it made him wish he'd still had his heavy ordnance. Movement towards his ship brought him out of his thoughts, an odd being approached, touching the heated metal as if it was cool. His brow rose before he simply attributed it to magic

"So, are we gonna go slay a dragon or are you all planning on having a picnic?" It was time to go.

Aynor replaced the two swords across his back. Bow slung across the chest and the quiver still well set against his back for easy reach, all tucked under a large circular shield which protected his back from stray or purposely shot arrows.

Safety was paramount more so when lord Pentre was just as keen to kill them as the beasts that were ravaging the lands.
He walked forth but following Bjorn Bloodaxe, as a mark of respect for the brave viking that had joined them.
"If we hurry we can make the shrine by sunrise" said Bjorn as he turned and started to jog off.
"Let's just hope the dragon isn't about" he laughed. Yet he kept a watchful eye to the sky.
"Keep up and keep your eyes open" said Bjorn ." Never know who's watching ".

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Vikings: Kill the dragon (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus