Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Vikings: Kill the dragon (Open)

AYNOR slayer rogue ranger (played by Tusitala) Topic Starter

Aynor saw Tove and heard the offer nodding with the head

"Why of course... dear... we don't want to drop dead if we can help it, there's strength in numbers and greater chance of success if we pull together" nodded Aynor, his lips tarnished in black from the beverage.

"Some introduction is in order, I'm Aynor the slayer, hmmm, peace maker ? Sentenced to hanging for disposing of abusive lords" explained Aynor

"Meet the crew...

Will-The-Gang-will-scarlett-22255039-470-317.jpg

Matthew the lying charlatan , hmmm, persuasive bard ? Sentenced to hanging for usurping authority and misusing noble titles

Rufus the thug , hmmm, bodyguard or executioner ? Sentenced to hanging for beating up abusive drunken guards

Robin the slaver , hmmm, livestock gather ? Sentenced to hanging for impersonating authority figures, he makes quite a good act

Haldor the tax evader and dodgy dealer, hmmm, unusual merchant ? Sentenced to hanging for forgery of royal pardons and release orders

Glendale the thief, hmmm, property retrieval and trinkets expert ? Sentenced to hanging for stealing the weaponry from the royal armoury

Bart the fugitive hmmm scout and path finder ? Sentenced to slavery for breaking out captives wrongfully imprisoned" finished Aynor

"Since we're all in this together and with just a month to kill the beast, we better get going, it's not a lot of time to work with, might as well leave before the hour is up too" advised Aynor his team already had robbed provisions, weapons and horses and were ready to leave, coming to join the others, like Lupus, outside the city walls
Quintus (played by Deathmarch419)

Things were going...not good. That was an understatement. The drive on his fighter had malfunctioned and thrown him into a menacing red and black portal, he'd lost consciousness only to awaken to unknown stars. His ship, affectionately called Suzy, had suffered a lot of damage from the trip and was slowly drifting towards a small planet held in the inky darkness.

Quintus followed procedure, dropping a beacon and attempting to contact Federation forces... silence and static greeted him on every channel. As the faint glow of re-entry began appearing around his ship Quin couldn't help but sigh before yelling "Damn it!" Not only was he about to die on a random back-water planet in the middle of nowhere, Suzy's new paint job was definitely not gonna make it.

Strapping into his crash webbing and attempting to use his wings as drag chutes he fought at the controls until the red began to dissipate from his windshield. What he saw before him was a long stretching forest fast approaching and surprisingly soft lights.

'Civilization!' he thought as he passed over what could pass as a decently sized town.
The buildings had a primitive look to them, and the castle-like structure didn't exactly comfort him.
'Or maybe not' he reconsidered as he flew by.

The distraction proved to be a grave one, as he glanced forwards he noticed his ship had tilted downwards far too much, as he tried to level out the controls refused to respond, air pressure and wind speed preventing flaps and maneuvering thrusters from effecting much change. A screech was heard as a wing was sheered off and the fighter fell into an uncontrollable spin.

'yup, definitely not a good-' was his last thoughts as the G forces caught up to him, and then everything went black.
Lupus 'Raziel' Shado (played by Lupus-Raziel-Shadows)

((Bumps in hope the other players will see this and reply again. don't let this die D:))
Evelina Winther (played by koobler)

((boy i'm waiting for my turn lol))

((Saaaammmeee. we must discuss a plan, Mace has't replied yet, and it's been awhile. OOC Chat.))

Evelina had turned and glaced up at the white haired, six foot man who had approached. There was a moment or two of silence as she listened to his words. When he finished she gave a slight nod in acknowledgment.

"Valid point." Was all she had said.

I guess I didn't have to look far for a person with common sense. She thought, letting out a barely audible snort.

"Didn't catch your name."

He watched as the far off shadow crashed to the ground. As he did, he sifted his pack and looked towards the blond female.
"I am Lupus Shadows, what of you?"
He asked, turning his attention back to the direction in which the object crashed. He didn't know what it was, yet at the same time he wasn't worried. Whatever it was, it most likely wouldn't have anything to do with their adventure, or so he thought.

((Bumpers))

Lupus wrote:
He watched as the far off shadow crashed to the ground. As he did, he sifted his pack and looked towards the blond female.
"I am Lupus Shadows, what of you?"
He asked, turning his attention back to the direction in which the object crashed. He didn't know what it was, yet at the same time he wasn't worried. Whatever it was, it most likely wouldn't have anything to do with their adventure, or so he thought.

"Winther, Evelina," Evelina was going to continue her usual introduction, but cut herself off. She thought about it for a moment. She wasn't a guardsman anymore, at least, not here. Soon, the blond snapped out of her thoughts and turned her attention to the object that had crashed.

The fact that it crashed definitely told her that the object was no dragon. Maybe it was a flying ship of some sort? She didn't let it concern her, either.

"Well I don't know about you, comrades, but Pentre is known to come out and hunt thugs down, maybe it were better we just venture a little further away from the city now that we have already robbed them blind out of provisions and weapons, we took a whole cart load. Enough for all of us and for all of you to get a decent share." explained Haldor cheerfully pointing at the well piled up loot.

The smell of burning trees filled the air as his eyes started to open, disorientation set in as he attempted to undo the crash webbing. With a click he felt weightless for but a moment before crashing down hard onto what his mind was telling him should've been upwards. Pain shot up his side, his ribs most likely bruised as well as his knees and left arm, all things considered quite minimal injuries for such a hard landing. His bird really pulled through, as she always had... sitting upright he realized that his ship was more than likely totaled, never to fly again. With a soft sigh and a curse he crawled his way out the broken cockpit windshields, the reinforced metal like screens torn to shreds by the force of impact. As he finished exiting he looked around, burning debris, trees, chunks of ship and some of his ships supplies were scattered around, a long scar in the earth indicated the path his ship had carved when it had made landfall. Limping to the rear half of his ship he noticed both wings had been sheared off, their location a mystery to him. Reaching the end he collapsed, his body was straining against the weight of gravity itself as he pushed himself up against wrecked cargo, lying still he watched as a shooting star passed by. He couldn't help but laugh, he'd probably looked like a shooting star to some far off spectator on his way down to this rock. After the pain subsided he drifted off once more into the inky void.

Aynor saw what looked to be a like a large flying creature collapse and crash into the ground, his smile turning into a broad victorious grin as he assumed it to be a dragon.

With some luck and a fair wind, the dragon's blood would soon be his and he could be healed from the poison that would otherwise considerably shorten his life.

"I am marching forward to scout the creature, feel free to join me at a slower pace if you wish" announced Aynor aloud, hopping onto a horse and riding forward.

Upon reaching the scene however his triumphant smile dropped into nothingness, looking at the piled up metal deadpan.
He gazed further at the burning scene and devastation, finally finding the collapsed man onto the ground and rushing to his aid, checking for a pulse and breathing signs to ascertain if the wretched had life left or not.

"Wake up... wake up... traveller... this is no place to sleep, there are dragons seeking breakfast, we must find you some shelter" urged Aynor talking loudly

((OOC awaiting others to reply))

((I might just continue on))

(( OOC sure go ahead ))

Quintus' eyes opened, through the clear visor he was shocked see what looked to be a man, a Human of all things. Perhaps he'd crashed on an Earth Federation planet? a backwater planet but, home none the less. With a pained groan and a stumble he shakily picked himself up, wincing as his leg activated it's damned pain receptors. He'd have to take a healing stim for it but, overall, it looked like he was still alive and well..ish.

Looking around he noticed the flaming pile that was his beloved ship strewn across the forest floor, his eyes widened at the site, "Ohhh.... oh God!.....damn it!!" he cursed.

Looking towards the man he asked in a semi hopeful tone, "I don't supposed you're good at fixing ships ayy? or maybe ya know a guy?....." after a brief pause he continued in seriousness, "what colony am I on stranger? the town back there looked kinda run down, no offense mate.. and I haven't seen any castles except back on Earth!" he finished while he began limping towards the wreckage, he'd have to dig through the rubble to find his gear, assuming any survived, with luck his favourite rifle would be alright, and his ship would be good as knew once the grease monkeys got hold of it.....they were gonna kill him. Looking back he waited a second before asking plainly, "mind giving me a hand with this?"

Aynor scratched the back of his head puzzled by it all.

"You are in a world called Mundus, in a region called Tamriel within the boundaries of one of its kingdom called... Skyrim" explained Aynor giving a broader to narrow location.

"At present we are off to hunt for dragons, and you are welcomed to join us. I cannot offer you gold or payment but I can offer you shelter, food and a good dose of adventure" offered Aynor always happy to expand the crew of available skills.

"We need dragon blood to heal ourselves as we were poisoned by a ruthless lord who is also coming to hunt us down too as we speak, a habit he has to ensure thugs hired act quickly. I would not linger nearby here let alone nearby this ... well.... this... strange fallen... creature?" quizzed Aynor unsure what to make of it

"Not a beast, it's my ship or what's left of her" he replied finishing with a grimace, he looked at his ship, pieces strewn
as far as he could see, some of it still on fire. Standing over a part of his ships cannon he picked it up, it'd make a good walking stick he supposed. "alright" he said as he finished gathering some of his gear into a pile, "I've never heard of the colony of Skyrim, and as far as I can tell there's no kings in the colonies, just the Colonial Government.... so...I might really be out of Human space...." he trailed off at the thought.

Coming out of his thoughts he asked something that though the confusion had buried itself deep into his mind, "uhh....you said something about a dragon? we talking fire breathing flying lizard? or...."
Things were not looking good for him, and home now seemed a long, long way off.

"Absolutely, giant lizard that spouts fire burning everything in its path and deadly claws and spikey tail... one of those indeed" nodded with an amused broad smile

"Seeing you know which beast we speak of... I shall pressume you will help a friend in need and assist in its capture and execution uh?" questioned Aynor looking around briefly

"We do not have vessels of this sort but I am sure the gods and their druids can cast spells to restore this to its former glory.. after... we have that dragon taken care of" remarked Aynor looking to Quintus for help on this perilous quest

Quintus perked up at the thought of having his ship repaired, highly unlikely as it may be, the possibility was certainly enticing. Of course, it could turn out to be the 'magic' of alchemy and illusion but at the very least some friendly contacts could be secured if he were to end up being an...extended-stay tourist..

"I suppose there's not much I can do here" he stated simply, kicking a scrap piece lightly. "I'll join you, give me a few moments to gather my things"

Heading inside the crafts remnants he picked up a metal equipment case, before placing his supplies and equipment into it. A medkit and a half, fire starters, 2 weeks worth of MRE's, 2 multipurpose knives, water purifier, and a small repair kit as well as the only extra clip he'd found for his pistol. Not much was left of his other equipment that he could take with him. Connecting the metal pack to his back he took up his walking stick and headed back to the strange man.

"Lead the way"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Vikings: Kill the dragon (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus