Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Facebook login for RPR

Here's an idea, why don't you add a Facebook login?
The reason why I'm askin is because I use a mobile for 10000000% of the time I'm RPing and I Can't change my profile picture which I've been wanting to do for a while. :(
Sanne Moderator

With the way the system is setup right now, I doubt a Facebook login would be an easy integration. I actually doubt it's possible without turning the database upside down and restructuring it, although that's only speculation on my part. Only Kim can confirm this.

I'm curious though, are there other reasons besides wanting to change your profile picture for this sort of feature?
Ambrosia Topic Starter

Well no not really :/
But if you can do something that will allow mobile users to change their profile pic it'd be rally appreciated :D
Sanne Moderator

The best suggestions (and ones that usually get implemented) are the kind that the whole community can benefit from. :) There are so many awesome features Kim wants to get out that people have been asking for a while now, it's not really viable to implement features that only a handful of people will use.

I'm not sure why you can't change your profile picture though? I'm on mobile as well and I can upload gallery images and player/character icons fine. I think your issue might be that your mobile device doesn't allow for javascript, which is what is used to upload images to the site.

Maybe we can find a way around it though. What the name and model of the device you're using?
Ambrosia Topic Starter

It's an iPhone 4, I have been wanting to change my picture for a while but I can't :(
Sanne Moderator

An iPhone 4 should be able to do it... What issue are you running into exactly? Do you get an error? Does a certain button not work?
Ambrosia Topic Starter

I can't press the button that enables me to browse my pictures :/
Sanne Moderator

A quick Google run shows that this is an OS specific issue. If I read it right, iOS 6 does allow for this. So if it's possible for you to upgrade your iPhone to iOS 6, that would solve your problem.

RPR can't really do anything to fix this because your phone simply doesn't allow for files to be uploaded this way with its current OS version. Logging in through Facebook won't help with this either (and using the Facebook images to set your RPR profile picture is a super complex thing to code, I don't think Kim will do something like that).

I hope this helps you somewhat though!
Ambrosia Topic Starter

Thanks a mil Sanne! I'm going to update it when I get back from work! :D <3
Kim Site Admin

I hope that solves your issue! For the record, just logging in through Facebook is probably doable, but having it change your profile picture is kind of a snarl. :)

I know tons of people use their mobile phones to connect to the site these days, so I hope this solves that problem for many more!

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Facebook login for RPR

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus