Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Shrouded within Darkness

Samantha Brooks (played by The_Ross)

((lulz))
Vadraaghain (played by GrandFinale) Topic Starter

((Well, Telega won't work on soft immortality. And I could just leave Dadj on Pluto. *aware it's not a planet, but it's damn cold*))

((Take that up with the asshead scientists.))

((Since the thread was apparently killed by OOC, I will take it upon myself to save everything, AS USUAL. I think Mink needs to give us her complete reaction to the spell (is she teleported or not), and is Erin still around? Then Tyval should post, at which point I'll post again. We may want to consider an actual post order, but given everyone's schedules, that's probably not gonna happen.))

Mink wrote:
(My apologies, I thought it was implied. x_x I'll go edit that.)

((lol woops, I somehow missed the very last part of your post even after like five readings. Myyyy baaaad.))

((BU-HUMP))

((I have an irresistible urge to BUMP this.))
Dadj Avers (played by f0x1nth3b0x)

(( I would post, but Dadj is in the stratosphere!))
Tyval (played anonymously)

((Erin? Mink? Woohoo? Anyone?))

((Sigh. To the rescue, AGAIN <3))

Waves of nausea assaulted Samantha's senses. She turned her head and spat blood at the nearest (non-living) wall. When she looked back at the demon wall, her expression had instantly become furious.

"Poison. Hey, the evil guy fights like a coward. Surprise, surprise."

With one hand, she took her waterskin out of her satchel and threw it at Tyval's feet. "Bless that if you can - I have an idea. Otherwise, follow me!"

She ran off towards the wall without waiting for a response, her sword held high.

((Taking a healing pill will heal symptoms, but not cure poison. I.e. if this was a video game, it'd heal hitpoints lost, but you'd still be poisoned and keep taking damage.))

((Also, I don't know what kind of poison the wall is using, so I'm winging it.))

((The Toxify spell inflicts the same kind of poisoning that the source material's does, so it can be healed by serums and antidotes, and spells.))

The wall shot a menacing glare at the charging intruder and waited for her to get just a bit closer, then began slashing wildly at her with its giant twin swords. These thinks can cut giant trees down in one swipe, just to make it clear how much damage a hit can do. It had shored up its defenses with quick successive castings of Protect and Shell just before Samantha made her possibly suicide charge.

((BUMP))

((I want to post, but I can't. Where did everyone else go!?))

((DESERTERS.))

(( Le Gasp D: ))

((Bump?))

((I'm proceeding on the assumption that the spell affects Tyval only.))

Sam remained slumped against the wall, uncertain if she was in shock, or if anything was broken or bleeding. Her breathing had returned to normal, but now her sight suddenly left her.

"Great. Cool." She thudded her head against the wall behind her in exasperation.

She was about ready to give up when she and the rest of the doomed fools in the cavern were treated to a peculiar, yet familiar noise.

"Groooooonnnnnkk!"

It was Mort, of course, and rather upset by the sound of his voice. Sam couldn't help but grin despite their situation when she heard him. At least he was still okay, for now. Then she frowned, wondering how he made the dangerous descent in to that pit back there on his own. Naturally anyone whose eyes were still working and looking in Mort's direction would have been able to see the various bruises and cuts and scrapes he had suffered while basically falling all the way down the pit's least steep wall. He didn't seemed bothered though, as he was trotting along at a decent clip through the tunnel.

Even if Mort had become blind when entering the area ((not quite sure how the spell works)), his keen sense of smell would still allow him to locate Samantha. He bounded over to her in a hurry, greeting her with his necessary, helpful, and not-at-all disgusting kisses. Pleasantries accounted for, Sam got his attention (by roughly grabbing the sides of his face with both hands) and tried to direct it over toward Tyval. She made a drinking gesture and pointed, gestured and pointed, over and over. "Mort, get drink-bag. Bring. Drink-bag. Bring. Then treats. Okay?" When she let go of his face, she could tell he'd run off in that direction immediately, but she had no idea if he'd obey her, or if he was just running of to say hi to Tyval, or possibly the demonic wall. She shuddered, hating herself for making Mort get closer to that thing. She didn't have any other options though.

She'd been off in her own world when Dadj had appeared, and she was still oblivious to his presence now that she was blind. Having just sent Mort to probably get sacrificed for little to no reason, she became oblivious to everything else as well, resembling a deflating bag. She hovered on the edge of consciousness.

Mort reached the spot where the object of his quest lay, and noticed Tyval and the thing preparing to end all their lives.

The shiny man is fighting the big thing. Bag. Why are they fighting? Drink. Where is the hot yellow ball? Drink bag I can't see it here, it's dark and cold. Shiny man seems lonely I should lick him I wonder if he has cookies I need to get the bag my green lady is hurt!

He snatched up the waterskin in his mouth and turned around to sprint back to his master. Unfortunately, it took him quite a while to make the trip to Sam, and then to the skin, so this post ends with him dangerously close to the wall.

((No RP is complete without including the stream-of-consciousness of a barely-sapient dinosaur. FACTS.))

((Edit: Holy horseapples, that was a lot more tl;dr than it looked in preview. I know everyone's taste in post length differs, but if that's too much let me know so I can adjust accordingly.))

((Sheesh, you guys. Always carry some Eye Drops, Antidotes, Echo Screens/Herbs, Gold Needles, Chronos Tears [cures Stop if you don't know], etc. with you at all times! Better yet, get some Remedies.))

((Unfortunately, most of our characters come from worlds with non-simulated economies, which means we can't kill unlimited numbers of respawning monsters for trash to dump in town for unlimited currency that never inflates to buy potions from vendors who never run out of resources. :( ))

"Maybe," she said in response to Dadj's first question. She rummaged around in her pack for her bottle of healing pills. When she found it, she popped the top off and stuck a hand in. Just two pills left. She sighed and removed one, then recapped the bottle and returned it to its satchel. She then took up the skin from where it lay, and turned it around in her hands until she found the larger cap on the back, the one normally removed when refilling the skin from a water source. She unscrewed this. Placing her fingers almost inside the opening, she crushed the healing pill. Pulverized, its dust sank in to the blessed water and dissolved.

"If you have any gods, I'd pray to them right about now," she mumbled. After replacing the cap, she shook the skin as vigorously as she could manage for a few seconds, then allowed the contents to settle, then shook it again. She wasn't really sure if that was necessary. Finally, she popped off the smaller top, letting it dangle by its cord, and took a drink.

Tyval's holy magic combined with the power of the apothecary's concoction to create a powerful curative elixir. Almost immediately, she felt her sight and nausea clearing as the poison and dark magic were neutralized. Her sides and back first went from constant throbbing pain, to numbness, to no unusual sensation at all.

pinkie_smiles_like_a_killer-(n1296264953320).png
Just as Pinkie-planned,
Sam thought to herself with an impossibly smug smile.

Then she remembered what was going on. "Here, drink this!" She thrust the skin in to Dadj's arms. "It should fix your eyes. But hurry! We've got to help Tyval, and destroy that... thing! Somehow."

She'd forgotten all about Dadj's "unique" nature, so it hadn't occurred to her that drinking holy water might not end well for him. As such, she'd neglected to mention that that's what she'd just suggested he should do.

((Samantha's party-wide reversal spell has worn off. Fat lot of good it did them.))

((Edit: original image went poop. have an even creepier one!))

((HI BUMPY MAYS HERE))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Shrouded within Darkness

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus