Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Shrouded within Darkness

Dadj Avers (played by f0x1nth3b0x)

(Dadj would be considered under the Hard immortal. So he's off on Jupiter.)
Samantha Brooks (played by The_Ross)

((lulz))
Mink (played by Minkja)

(Mink would be a hard immortal. I think. Yeah. So. *shuts up nao*)
Vadraaghain (played by GrandFinale) Topic Starter

((Well, Telega won't work on soft immortality. And I could just leave Dadj on Pluto. *aware it's not a planet, but it's damn cold*))
Mink (played by Minkja)

(Pluto is too a planet! D: )

((Take that up with the asshead scientists.))

((Since the thread was apparently killed by OOC, I will take it upon myself to save everything, AS USUAL. I think Mink needs to give us her complete reaction to the spell (is she teleported or not), and is Erin still around? Then Tyval should post, at which point I'll post again. We may want to consider an actual post order, but given everyone's schedules, that's probably not gonna happen.))
Mink (played by Minkja)

(My apologies, I thought it was implied. x_x I'll go edit that.
Edit: edited.)

Mink wrote:
(My apologies, I thought it was implied. x_x I'll go edit that.)

((lol woops, I somehow missed the very last part of your post even after like five readings. Myyyy baaaad.))
Tyval (played anonymously)

((disrespectin' the rules. YOU CAN'T TAME ME :P))

After a spell that apparently did nothing - Tyval did not notice what was happening to his friends, as the huge monster wall thing requested his immediate and complete attention - he Paladin tried to put himself together and figure out how to destroy a wall with arms. No mana, and only a bladed weapon in hand... oh, the shield!

Now, if he could only actually MOVE his now frozen in fear body, he could smack the wall with his shield. It was better than nothing.

The Ranger ceased his seizing and in fact ceased being visible.

Samantha strode up and stood Shoulder-to-Shoulder with Tyval. According to her class in Advanced Tactics and Theatrics, this was one of the most powerful two-person formations known to exist, second only to the well-known Back-to-Back Style, which of course would not have been appropriate for confronting a single foe (discovered independently by Strauss and Berklenmeyer, 87 YD - see Allied Combat: A Dramatic Approach, Wolfren, Bosch, et al.).

She put away her lamp - between the fierce glow on her blade from the enormous, magically-animated monstrosity closing in on them, and the glow emitted by the monstrosity itself, there was plenty of light. She took out from her satchel two bottles of pills. From these, she handed one pill of each type to Erin and Tyval. "Take the red one if you get injured. The green if you become tired. They're small, but I have water if you need it."

She re-capped and replaced the bottles, then set down her sword. "I won't be able to cast anything else for quite a while, but this is the only spell I know that might help us against this thing anyway." She made two large circles in the air - looking kind of like a severely mentally-challenged bird trying to take off - and a tingling sensation came over the three of them. "We should be okay if it throws any magic projectiles at us, but other spells I can't say for sure."

She took up her sword once more, in both hands, now studying the wall for anything at all that might be useful to them. Suddenly she became considerably less grim-faced. "Don't worry, the good guys always win, right?"

((In the bottles, there are two healing pills and five stamina pills left. Also, casting that Reversal on three times as many targets as it was designed for completely drained her, and its effect will wear off in six rounds instead of ten.))

Satisfied that all that could be affected with Telega were affected, the Demon Wall hastened its advance a bit. It casted Toxify, an AoE spell that inflicts Poison on all caught within it's area, besides the caster, of course.

In the deep reaches of space, the rounded view of Jupiter sits in silence in the inky blackness. It is cold and lifeless, not a thing moves except perhaps the dim twinklings of far-off stars. Then, something floats into view. Is it a man? He is grim-faced and blue-tinged. Arms crossed, legs bent, he tumbles through the infinite abyss, orbiting the cold planet.

((BU-HUMP))

((I have an irresistible urge to BUMP this.))

(( I would post, but Dadj is in the stratosphere!))
Tyval (played anonymously)

((Erin? Mink? Woohoo? Anyone?))
Mink (played by Minkja)

(I got nothin'. x_x sorry.)

((Sigh. To the rescue, AGAIN <3))

Waves of nausea assaulted Samantha's senses. She turned her head and spat blood at the nearest (non-living) wall. When she looked back at the demon wall, her expression had instantly become furious.

"Poison. Hey, the evil guy fights like a coward. Surprise, surprise."

With one hand, she took her waterskin out of her satchel and threw it at Tyval's feet. "Bless that if you can - I have an idea. Otherwise, follow me!"

She ran off towards the wall without waiting for a response, her sword held high.

((Taking a healing pill will heal symptoms, but not cure poison. I.e. if this was a video game, it'd heal hitpoints lost, but you'd still be poisoned and keep taking damage.))

((Also, I don't know what kind of poison the wall is using, so I'm winging it.))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Shrouded within Darkness

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus