Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Creepypastas

TheLily

Note: if you're easily scared and don't know what these are, DO NOT LOOK THEM UP. They are meant to keep you from sleeping.

In the spirit of halloween, what is your favourite creepypasta? Who is your favourite creepypasta reader on youtube? How did you discover them?

I personally like the Russian Sleep Experiment, String Theory, and probably Babydolls.

I like Cry Reads and Mr. Creepy Pasta on Youtube. Cry has a way with emotion and Mr. CP has a lovely reading voice. He really knows how to make you lean in and listen. They also don't try and spice things up with jumpers, which are BS in my mind - a cheep way of making you scared.

I got my start with Pokemon creepy pastas. I want to say Lost Silver, but Pokemon Black is more likely because I was so excited to have pokemon Black and White coming out. I honestly do think that's most likely. I used to read them until I couldn't think anymore and stopped sleeping. I'm going through readers right now on Youtube and going nuts with happiness. I've read a lot of them, so listening to them has a familiar ice cold fear in my stomach.

I should note, that I genuinely love to be scared. It's my favourite thing in the world, even if it means sleepless nights and paranoia.

<3
Seeri

I'd heard of Creepypaste before, but I realized I'd never looked any up.
I just recently heard a few of the Pokemon ones though, and I have to say they're really amusing!

I like to be scared too, although I'm a twitchy thing by nature, so I suppose it's a given.
The most recent thing that actually kept me up at night out of fear was managing to catch a few scenes of Evil Dead 2. That deer head and the long-necked creepy old woman... *Shudders*
Spy

I...Can't say that I like creepypastas, exactly. But then again, maybe I could. Because no matter how paranoid I get, and no matter how much I dislike reading overly gruesome imagery, I just can't stop. It' like a curse!

On that note, Russian Sleep Experiment is awesome. Gateway to the Mind runs with a similar concept, if you've read it. A lot shorter, though.

I'd say a couple of my favorites are The Hirsch Camera and Lister's Rache.

I tend to enjoy the stories that are less about the supernatural and more about really disturbing but at least somewhat plausible events/objects.
TheLily Topic Starter

I did enjoy Gateway of the Mind. I actually listened to it on youtube. I haven't been really interested in reading lately (surprising how school can do that to you), but I enjoyed it.

Last night I started to watch Marble Hornets, which, as far as Slenderman goes, is a pretty awesome series. It's a little long for my tastes, but I can honestly say I like it. I think it's mostly because it doesn't rely on the jump scares. It certain has them, but it's a different sort of fear. They don't even really claim much at the beginning that it's supernatural. They're using psycho people more than Slender, it seems. I'm only on entry 43, though, so I have 18 more to go. We'll see if I still like it then. :)
I've read a lot of Creepy Pastas. But the one that I found the most unsettling and is one of my favorite stories, is Candle Cove by Kris Straub. Which is a story about a low budget, very low budget, 70s television show about a little girl and her pirate puppet friends. And it just gets stranger from there.
1) BEN DROWNED / You Shouldn't Have Done That is an all-time favorite of mine.

2) Internet Story. Would this be creepy enough? I think so.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Creepypastas

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus