Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Favorite mythical creatures

berserker544 Topic Starter

Whats your favorite? Like, Big foot, loch ness monster, or centaurs. Something like that.

My favorite would be the Ningen
ningen2.jpgantarctic_humanoid_2.jpg

Roughly the size of whales some times, I sometimes even think that sailors mistook mermaids (Another mythical creature you can add).";
Whats your favorite? Like, Big foot, loch ness monster, or centaurs. Something like that.

My favorite would be the Ningen
ningen2.jpgantarctic_humanoid_2.jpg

Roughly the size of whales some times, I sometimes even think that sailors mistook mermaids (Another mythical creature you can add).";
TheLily

Ogopogo. I used to be terrified to swim if I couldn't see the bottom. I was certain Ogopogo was going to eat me!
Dragons (mostly of the western persuasion) are my top favorite mythical creature, followed closely by Unicorns, Pegasus, Phoenixes, and Gryphons.

After that is what I believe is called the "dila", a Filipino ghost that licks people to death--much like a certain favorite Pokemon of mine!
My favorite mythical creature is the Japanese Kitsune.

NOT the otaku version that's seen all over the place, but the original kind that were portrayed in woodblock prints. (Nothing against Otakus, but as an American that lives in Japan who holds a love for the country from a more historical and pre pop art boom culture stance... It gets a little old sometimes.)
Oooh, this is a tough one. I'd have to say the Unicorn though, I love their myths and their stories the most. That said, what I am fan of is the classical depiction of the unicorn, a creature that is horselike, but has the tail of a lion and the cloven hooves of a deer.
Unicorn.gif

Very honorable mentions include the Doppleganger and the Kelpie. I'm also very fond of dragons, phoenixes and gryphons.
That's terrifying, Berserker. D: I don't think I'll ever step into water again, which is counterproductive because I need aqua therapy to get back on my feet.

My favorite mythical creature is the dragon all the way. Any and all kinds fill me with joy. Heck, my favorite show as a little kiddo was Dragon Tales. My imaginary friend was a dragon as well... ahem. I was a lonely kid. But yeah! Spyro is probably my second favorite vidya gaem series, the first being the Sly Cooper series.
SeraphicStar

I'm more of a "humanoid mythological creature" kind of person.

The local myth of the enchanted maiden fascinates me so; the creature itself is a cross between a nymph and the archetypal "guardian monster"; a ghostly woman of stunning beauty that was cursed by her father or husband to forever stand guard at a certain place, even beyond death. She patiently awaits for the one who cursed her to return and set her free from her torment, and while not a violent spirit, will fiercely guard her location by hypnotizing men with her beauty, and shapeshifting to drive women away.

Overall a somewhat neutral mythical creature, but hey, it's the legend I've been hearing since I was a wee kid, so I am somewhat fond of the concept.
Mine would have to be mermaids, I love fish and pretty women so it seems to fit. - shrugs-
Mine is the cat Sith
Phoenix, dragon, uhhh unicorn, cat sith, and black dog are my top fave
PikaPika11

YOUKAI. There are just so many gosh-darned varieties. As a result, 3 out of 5 of my characters are based on them.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Favorite mythical creatures

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus