Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The blind can see (1x1 with nikina)

The Walker (played by Freyya)

Aylen walked just walked along the forest trail. He had met several people on the way, and all of them had carefully let him pass. He was blind - the cloth covering his eyes indicated as much. But they didn't know he could actually see. Well, sort off. Ever time he came across some-one who stepped aside for him, he stopped and turned his head towards them. He would then step aside himself, and say 'You can pass'. It usually freaked them out, but he didn't care. He enjoyed the fact that they freaked out because of it. He could feel the vibrations of their heart pounding as they moved away as fast as possible.

He couldn't feel anyone nearby right now, so he just strolled along, sniffing in the fresh forest's air.
Background Character (played by Pineapple)

Cerridwen was passing time walking the forest's paths, waiting for the portal to open again. The silly half fae had missed it at dawn, now she had to wait for dusk. For the most part she traveled in her true form only using glamour if another traveler neared.

As she walked the winds carried a scent up the trail, another traveler approached.Cerridwen summoned her glamour, her wings disappeared from her back her hair's flowery hue changed to deep red. Now the young fae would appear as a human. She just hoped it would remain as such, her glamour had been fickle as of late. 

As she rounded a bend in the forest path Cerridwen spotted the traveler, with a moment of relief she realized her was blind, or at least he appeared to be. The half fae continued walking looking at the traveler with curiosity.
The Walker (played by Freyya) Topic Starter

when Aylen got within hearing distance, he spoke. "How is it that you can seemingly appear out of thin air?" he asked, curiously.

Cerridwen cocked her head to one side regarding him strangely, "Not thin air but another part of the forest Sir." she answered his initial question before posing one of her own, "You must have very good hearing?" she paused her step, and another question came from the curious being's lips, "Do you travel alone?" the half blood peered around his from looking down the trail that he had come.

"My hearing is no better than any other human's. But I can see... in a way. I can feel vibrations. I didn't feel any and then you suddenly... 'appeared'." Aylen smiled. "As to your second question, I do travel alone, yes."

The fae was caught, she coule not lie she didn't have the ability to do so, nor did she wish to engage in creative truth telling her hesitation was likely clear, "I am just light on my feet." feeling a bit nervous about her answer which was not a lie, but it likely sounded odd. Cerridwen's nerves effected her glamour, for a moment her magic failed. A flicker of her true form would be seen, before she forced he glamour back into place.

When the half breed spoke her voice likely wavered a little, "so...you can't see a thing?" her curiosity was beginning to return and she tried to grasp what he explained, "but vibrations....."

Aylen smiled as she said she was 'light on her feet'. He could feel her heart beating faster. He frowned when the magic showed, however.

When she asked him if he really couldn't see, he shook his head. "No, I can't. Not like you do, I mean. I can even feel a worm crawling around one mile from here. It's useful, most of the times. For example, if you want to know wether or someone is lying or not!" he smiled. "It hasn't got that good of an effect on my sleep, though."

The fae shifted a bit as he explained vibrations, and she nearly cringed when he spoke of lying. She didn't exactly lie, in her true form she was lighter on her feet, but she had dodged the the truth.

"If I couldn't see I would have trouble doing anything....I'm impressed that you're out here alone." Cerridwen then stoped realizing that she was being rude without intending to be, "I'm sorry....that came out wrong."

"No apolagies are needed." Aylen smiled.

There was still time before the portal to other realm opened, and the blind man had struck her curiosity. Cerridwen made a quick decision, "Thank you, I often speak before thinking so it's kind of you to say so." she tilted her head to one side as she spoke, "my name is Cerridwen, most call me Cerri or Cherry."

"Hello, Cerridwen. I'm Aylen. Welcome to the human realm." He smiled at her, and crouched down to tighten the straps around his boots.

The half blood pursed her lips when he spoke, the jig was up. He knew she wasn't human, Cerridwen dropped the glamour, and stood in her natural form. "This is not my first time here." She spoke as the man stooped to tighten his boots. "So....how did you know? Most can not tell unless the glamour fades, and they see me as I am."

"You were hesitating earlier whilst explaining how I didn't notice you. Also, your magic failed for a second when you grew doubtful." He smiled as he rose again. "Plus, if I can feel a fly land on that tree over there-" he pointed at a nearby oak tree, "- Then there's no way I didn't notice you coming from around the corner."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The blind can see (1x1 with nikina)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus