Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Thou Shalt Not 1Up

Dear Godmodders and Those Who Wish To Take The Former Down (You know who you are):

I know I have not been heavily involved in your plot because I was either too slow to interject myself at all the right points or my character did not wish to get heavily involved. I know I'm just one of those extra people who's character is not trying to take down your character or plotting to do so and has been acting rather mundane in their IC-doings.

But for the love of God/Buddha/Zeus/Allah/Insert God Here, please, don't start a 1Up war in my presence. I have been bearing it out with good will and smiles for the last few days now, and I know one party is simply trying to knock the other off of the God-Mod pedestal they've been sitting on--willingly-- for years now. But those smiles have gone away. I have grown sick and tired of watching you bicker OoCly while you all dodge every foul thing that comes at your characters because you don't want your characters to be destroyed or ruined or arrested or what-have-thee.

I know you've got "IC agendas" fueled by OoC, or that you adore how powerful you've made your characters. But that doesn't mean we all appreciate the efforts put in by both sides.

Can we not settle this like civilized people? Do we not know how to compromise when it comes to what we allow to happen to our characters? Do we not know how to make a decent roleplay that's fun for everyone and isn't dominated by two parties trying to out-do each other? It's starting to affect our OoC topics that even AREN'T related to the above. I am tired at having to snap at people because they're talking over each other or generally being rude. It makes me look hypocritical and obviously you don't like it.

So please, stop God-Modding and 1UP-ing each others actions. Those of us who are simply trying to play our characters as they normally are played are sick of watching the sh**-fest it has brought up. And next time you all want to rp for an OoC purpose, please don't. It is just another case against OoC affecting IC in a horrible manner. I adore you guys so much, and it hurts me to have to watch this mess go on amongst my friends.

Sincerely,
Just Another "Decent" Roleplayer
Glad you said it before me. Mine would have been a lot more 'colorful'. Thanks for speaking my mind as well though. I see it all over the place. I mean I even had a character at one point who was a god and I still didn't god mod with him.
Lance2011 wrote:
Glad you said it before me. Mine would have been a lot more 'colorful'. Thanks for speaking my mind as well though. I see it all over the place. I mean I even had a character at one point who was a god and I still didn't god mod with him.

I agree with Lance here.
Peek a boo. I see you. Heh. How's things going on your end Ami?
Copper_Dragon Topic Starter

Whoa, that was fast.

ALSO I'm sorry if I caused any Mod-panic for a moment! This is something that occurred off of RPR and is not related to it at all, and I needed to vent some frustrations out.
Honestly at first I thought it was gonna be some funny video from one of the Mario brothers games where the player lost just before getting a 1-up mushroom. Heh. Either way though it's all good. Like I said I'm glad you said it before I did.
Copper_Dragon Topic Starter

... XD THAT HAS MADE MY DAY, DUDE.
Lance2011 wrote:
Peek a boo. I see you. Heh. How's things going on your end Ami?

Slowly settling down.
Physio is going well, and despite some tragedies (my best friend's good friend committed suicide), and some little bumps along the way, it's getting better.
Lance2011 wrote:
Honestly at first I thought it was gonna be some funny video from one of the Mario brothers games where the player lost just before getting a 1-up mushroom. Heh. Either way though it's all good. Like I said I'm glad you said it before I did.

LOL. Oh you. Silly silly. I kinda thought so too. Misleading title is misleading
I wanna find a video for that now. Heh. I'll do that later. Tired. And good to know things are going better for ya Ami. And good to know I gave you a chuckle copper.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Thou Shalt Not 1Up

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus