Forums » General Roleplay » The Wasteland

Elise Howards (played by littleplants)

((may I join?
Maximilian Sterne (played by RandomThought) Topic Starter

Elise Howards wrote:
((may I join?

Please do! :-)

Max stifled a grin as the girl pointed out death was not new to her. Living as she apparently did Max had no doubt this was far from the first dead person she had ever seen.

"I do have family," replied Max to her question, his voice a little cool. "And with any luck they are far away from me."

As if on cue bullets ripped into the earth around Max followed quickly by rifle reports. Without thought Max grabbed the girl and threw himself to one side a large watering trough dragging the girl out of fire with him. Max listened intently as more bullets blasted splinters from the rough cut wood of the trough, but the echos made it difficult for Max to locate their source.

"Stay down," he barked at the girl as he loosed his large caliber pistol from it's holster on his thigh. The shots had to come from in front gauging how they were splintering the trough. Anyone behind would have drilled lead into his back already Max reasoned. Popping a quick glance he tried to discern what was happening.

In his quick glance he saw the crowd that had gathered run wildly in all directions screaming incoherently. The bounty hunter had left, and he did not see where the medic had went. The urge to pop off a few rounds was strong, but he knew of something more important he needed to do.

"They have our position so we gotta move," he said told the girl. "I'm headed to that little alley way right there, and you are welcome to follow on 3. One...two..."

When the word three hit his lips Max unloaded his pistol in the direction he hoped lay the attacker. His shots maybe ineffectual, but he hoped they would at least give a pause to the attackers fire. He had no idea what weapon was being used or it's load out so guessing if the attacker was ready to reload did not seem like an option. As he moved he continued to spray fire down his fire lane until he closed on the alley enough to throw himself behind the building.
Chasity Isabelle Roy (played by 8_Stars_8)

Chasity followed the man's orders. She peeked up to see what was happening, the crowds were fleeing, and the blonde haired woman she had saw before was gone.
"I'm headed to that little alley way right there, and you are welcome to follow on 3. One...two..." She heard him say. She sprinted to the alleyway he pointed at. He attempted to shoot behind him, missing the target. She smirked. He jumped behind a building, Chasity following right after. She glanced around the corner, the attacker was nowhere in sight. "He's gone." She informs the man. "Do you have a rope?" She asks him. She needed to get to a higher vantage point to do her thing.

Max looked down at the severely weathered girl, surprised at her willingness to get involved. Her tenacity was impressive though, but then again she had not survived this long alone if she did not have spunk.

He reached into his bag and pulled out a length of worn hemp rope. “It isn’t much, but it’s all I got.” Handing her the rope he also gave her a warning. “Listen,” his insisted, “I think this is a group that has been following me for the last few days. If it is then they have at least 3, maybe 4 in the group. And one is a sharp shooter. You need to be very careful.”

Max hoped she was not going to simply run off with his rope the moment her turned around again. It was a lousy rope, but it was all he had. Slamming full clip into his pistol Max peeked around the corner hoping to catch a glimpse of the shooter.

"No need to worry, mister. I've got this." She pauses a moment, opening a messenger bag she wore around her. She took out her own pistol. She takes one end of the rope, and makes a knot. She throws it around a pole, she pulls on the rope, making it tie to the pole. She begins to climb, her gun in a holster that was hidden by her shirt. Once at the top, she looks around. She looked for anyone suspicious. She spotted someone. A man. He was holding an oddly shaped bag. She furrowed her brow and took aim. She aimed for the head. It was the cleanest and easiest shot. She shoots the man, hitting him square in the forehead. He falls to the ground along with the bag, which opens up to find another small girl. She stood up slowly, sighing of relief when she saw that the man was dead. She ran quickly, as if the man would come alive and take her again. She shimmies down the rope. "They're gone." She says to the man.

"Nice job," Max replied to the disheveled girl though he kept his eyes peering around the corner of the building. He was sure this group began following him when he left the last town. Clearly he underestimated ability to track and ability to move. Without a thought his hand tapped the shotgun he had slung across his back, the thick black metal reassuring him.

"I have to find a place to lay low for a while," he said to the girl. The gritty streets of this town likely offered a seedy hole in the wall close by that he could hole up at least for a day or two. Giving one last look out of the alley Max began moving towards the other end hoping to escape any of the remaining group lingering nearby.

At the other end Max saw a long street that meandered down towards the south before bending eastward to the outskirts. It seemed a good choice since it either offered a place to hide out, or moved him the direction he needed to escape the town. Either option would preferable to sitting here in their trailing group's crosshairs.

"I'm headed down that direction if you care to join me," Max whispered back to the girl. He was grateful for her help, but he also knew this was not her fight. "If not I understand. But I owe you, thanks."

Quickly Max moved down the meandering strip of street passing mostly abandoned wood buildings that seemed ready to fall over at any moment. With the fire fight just a block over the street was virtually empty, and Max managed to find his way into a small pub located near the outskirts of the town.

"I need a bottle of bourbon," Max demanded of the barkeep the moment he walked in. Tossing a few caps on the counter, more than enough to cover the price of the bottle. He grabbed the one the barkeep set on the bar then headed for a small table in the back corner.

"You go, I'll go... somewhere. I don't know where yet, but it's all part of the fun!" She smiles. It was best to make light of her situation. "I can take care of myself." She pauses a moment, "I'm a pretty good shot, if I do say so myself." She grins. "Be careful out there, mister." She wishes him luck. Realizing that she still had the rope, she turned to give it to the man, but he had gone. Chasity tucked it away in her bag. It could be of some use some day.

She walks down the street, acting nonchalant. She didn't want to draw any more attention to herself then she already did. She looks around, Khan was hiding in a garbage can. "Come here boy!" She grins at him. The mutated dog hops out of the trash, and runs towards her. Chasity scoops him up, and places him in his usual spot. Her bag. She set him on top of a bit of cloth. "There you go boy." She pets him, and lets him rest.

She was wounded, she had a small group of raiders to thank for that. She laid her head against the decrepit building behind her. She let out a small hiss of pain as she removed her coat to check her arm. There was a bullet wound. Shes lucky she escaped with just that. She gently touched the tender area around it only to quickly retract her hand and grasp her coat in pain.

She thought to her self, thinking what steps she should take. It was bound to get infected, she knew that. She could possibly delay that by wrapping it until she could get some kind of medical help. Her dark eyes moved back to the wound on her right arm and she cringed. She hesitantly tore a piece of cloth from her tank top and wrapped it around the bullet wound. That should hold her over for now.

After a long pull from the bourbon Max realized his help was not going to join him. He understood, this was the wasteland after all, but he wished he had a chance to properly thank her for helping him out of that ambush back there. Instead he sat in silence while the barkeep kept a weary eye on him. Clearly the man knew something was up, and was making connections with Max and the firefight just down the street.

Max decided it was time to leave just in case things became ugly in here as well. With the barkeep watching his every movement Max took the remainder of the bourbon bottle and headed out the back door. The sun was past the zenith, but he still had a few hours until sundown. Thinking he would make the best of it by getting as far away from town as he could Max turned and nearly fell over a young girl who lay up against the building.

She appeared to be bandaging her arm as Max stumbled quite literally across her as Max grabbed onto a post to catch his balance. The young woman had dark brown hair and dark eyes with a heavy jacket exposing a small patch of green sweatshirt underneath.

"Hey, you okay?" rushed the words from Max's mouth as he caught himself. He hoped he had not kicked her accidentally possibly doing more damage to the vicious gunshot wound on her arm.

As Chasity headed towards a small hill on the other side of town. On top of that hill lay an abandoned church. Chasity hiked up the hill, and entered the creaky old church. She moved to her makeshift bed, which was a plank of wood covered with fabric. It was hard and uncomfortable, but it was better than sleeping on the floor. She set Khan and her bag on the floor. He jumped up onto her bed with her, and snuggled into her arm. She giggles, as her eyes flutter shut. It was a long day.

She yelped as the man tripped over her, she watched the man grab onto the pole near by. She immediately reached for the gun tucked away in her coat and leaned away from the strange man. She narrowed her eyes and watched him carefully before speaking, "I'm fine."

She got up, she was feeling extremely uncomfortable. She backed away from him, clearly distrusting him. She studied the man closely, he was rather tall, easier to hit if it came to that.

"It's alright," Max replied, seeing the fear clearly visible in the young girl's face. "I'm just on my way out of town and didn't see you there against the building." He looked carefully at the girl. She appeared to be in pretty bad shape with that wound in her arm, seeing the signs of a recent rough trip and a firefight.

"My name is Max," he said to the girl in a gentle voice trying to belay her anxiety. "I'm a pretty good medic. Been out in the wastes for a long time, but also had some good teachers. Can I assist you with your arm?"

((what is the general time atm in the game?))

Chasity Isabelle Royer wrote:

Hi! :-)

Specifically it is late afternoon in the scene.

In general it is roughly the year 2280, about 150 years after total nuclear annihilation. Generally it follows the Fallout universe video game, albeit with plenty of mods as we players see fit, lol.

Does that help?

She shook her head, "Im fine." She backed away from him a few more steps. There was no way she was taking risks. The sun blared down on her, and she slowly removed her coat, not breaking eye contact with him for a second. She looked to her right and left, which way would be better to run. If there was a way out, she'd take it. Combat wasn't her strong suit. She backed away from him again, clutching her arm. She was starting to make a significant distance between them.

Maximilian Sterne wrote:
Chasity Isabelle Royer wrote:

Hi! :-)

Specifically it is late afternoon in the scene.

In general it is roughly the year 2280, about 150 years after total nuclear annihilation. Generally it follows the Fallout universe video game, albeit with plenty of mods as we players see fit, lol.

Does that help?

((yeah thanks))

Max recognized the fear in the girl and saw her making distance between them. He knew he must look a sight still wearing his raider armor after weeks out in the badlands. It seemed the more he pushed the more fearful this girl became.

“Tell you what,” he said as calmly as he could, “I am going to put some bandage and poultice on the ground here. If you need’em than take’em. If not than leave’em for the next person.”

Pulling a small medical bundle fro his rucksack Max placed it on the ground then slowly began walking away from the terrified girl.

As hard as Chasity tried, she couldn't sleep. Instead, she chose to go sit outside. Maybe in a tree. That always calmed her down. She took off her bag. Khan was sound asleep. She rubbed his head, and headed outside.

She sat outside, underneath a tree. The shade was refreshing from the blazing sun. She sighs, relaxed. She listens to the birds singing, but couldn't help but feel someone was watching her.She was uneasy. She shook away the thought, and closed her eyes, she felt peaceful.

The feeling doesn't last. Someone grabs her and covers her mouth with their gloved hand. Shit. Where's my gun. She thinks, and then realizing she left her gun inside. She couldn't see the face of her captor, their arms were bulky and muscular, so she assumed they were a man. She attempted to scream, but his hand muffled the sound.

She watched him step away and she quickly snagged the medical supplies, retreating back to sit and rub the solution on her arm. As she fixed herself up she looked up at the man, eyeing him still. Sitting on the ground made her feel rather vulnerable but she wasn't in the position to not take free supplies, especially with the sharp pain in her arm.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Wasteland

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus