Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Mountains Old (closed)

Charlotte (played by -CoolShortie-)

So...she's royalty? Charlotte wondered, the water inside the bucket swirling around a little. As the elf walked, the watery dragoness tried to ease the movements of the swinging bucket, a small portion of the liquid coning up in the middle and pointing toward where they were walking. As they neared the castle, the water calmed, returning to a normal state in order to not arouse suspicion.
"It's going to be a wild ride. My room's at the top of the tallest tower. I chose it so I could see the city." A city full of criminals. she adds in her head. She nods at a guard, showing off a small tattoo right below her jawline. It was too small to tell what it was, but, it meant something to the guard. He stepped aside, letting her through. She climbs the stairs for what seems like hours, but finally reaches a wooden door. "You can..uh.. get out now. " She grins.
Celina (played by Rose342)

((Could I join? :) ))

Somehow, Charlotte is still able to see, although her sight is limited, and she watches as the elf shows some sort of tattoo to the guard, and then the two begin climbing up the many flights of stairs. Reaching the top, the water sloshes around in the bucket for a moment, before swirling up and spilling out, actually knocking the bucket over before solidifying back into the dragon. "So...what now?" She asked.

((Celina: https://www.rprepository.com/community/forumthread.php?t=54183&p=6#4159182))
"Wait a moment. I need to make sure there is no maids." She cracks open the door, her room was empty. She grabs the bucket, and gestures Charlotte to follow her. "Come on. It's empty." She walks into an extravagantly decorated room. Everything had gold accenting, increasing the royalty level.

Waiting outside for the elf to check in the room, the dragoness followed her in, her eyes widening as she gazed around the room, taking in the accenting on...well, everything, really. The walls, the ceiling, the trim, almost everything had some sort of gold patterning on it. "This is amazing," she said.
Ember shrugged, opening a closet. In it was a giant container, she gripped the sides of it, and set it down. It was big enough for a human to lay in. "This is awkward, but do you need water to sleep in?" She asks, rubbing the back of her neck. She didn't know how this woman lived. It was odd to her. "Other wise, I can get you a mattress." She said.

Tilting her head as the elf pulled out the container, Charlotte walked over to it. "I don't need to, but I'm more than willing to if it's not too much trouble," she said. "I do believe that this on its own will be restplace enough." Lowering her head to it, the dragoness nodded. "Plenty of room, this will be fine. Thank you," she said. She didn't want to arouse suspicion by having the elven woman bringing up another mattress.
Ember runs some water into the container until it's full. "Feel free to use the restroom or sleep on my bed, I'm perfectly fine with that." She grins. "And if you want to sleep in water, here's the bin." She chuckles. It was odd to imagine a person--dragoness--sleeping in water. "I have to go find my mother and father. They will be looking for me." She smiles, leaving the dragoness to the room.
Avalynn had given a wider smile when he addressed his name, and seemed pleased when he shook her extended limb. The leg folded back near her once again, and she let out a small hum.

When the cry had rang out, she paused, her antenna twitching and her multiple eyes darting around for a moment. And get her smile never seemed to leave her face, as the eyes focused back in on Jal. “You, mushroom...or, Jalsinter...have found yourself in a realm once claimed by humans, that Mother Nature has taken back. Humans haven’t returned to this place, most claim it’s cursed. It’s awfully odd to find you crawling out of here after so many have gone...Many of your kind used to live here. It was even home to dwarves, elves...and yet these days, they only breifly pass through.” She gave a small huff of displeasure, and her smile faltered as she continued, “Those noblemen in the human kingdom...they throw their criminals here, bandits, murderers...and we fae, have taken up residence here.” Avalynn had slowly begun to circle Jalsinter, examining him. He looked human, but the way he sprouted from the earth signaled something else. Perhaps he truly was part vegetable, or perhaps he had some kind of fae-Blood in him? She was unsure, and decided that a strange man like him would most definitely not make a very tasty snack.

Or would he?

“You’re not the only odd one here.” She mused for a moment, taking her mind away from her hunger, which has slowly begun to grow. So much prey in the area, and a cry that signaled one was wounded... her stomach rumbled but the fae spoke on, “There is a strange statue man...your kind call him the ‘Way Watcher.’ He’s...awfully boring. Solid as stone to touch, and yet his chest rises and falls like he’s sleeping. Doesn’t talk. Doesn’t make noise.” She seemed displeased with this, “And he certainly doesn’t taste good. A waste of space if you ask me, but many have taken to leaving him gifts and offerings, as if he has any use.”

Avalynn had spent quite some time watching the strange knight, and had, out of curiosity, attempted to eat the human-looking being. After all, the likelihood it was poisonous was slim to none, and that would be a risk she was willing to take. Yet she hadn’t been able to break skin, or even leave a dent, and it left her hungry and very disappointed. But the man was still useful, and she had taken a bit of a liking to visiting him, to talk about nothing in particular and throw rocks in hopes that somehow that would wake him.

She had been, obviously, unsuccessful.

Charlotte smiled, nodding. "Thank you," she said. "I'm sure that I can manage, and I'm grateful for what you've done." She would have to find out the woman's name. She moved a little closer to the tank when the elf said that she was going to find her parents. "That seems like a good idea. I will be here when you return." Watching as she exited, the dragoness turned to the tank, slipping inside. There wasn't enough room for her to swim around in, but that was fine. The darkness was welcome, and as she closed her eyes, drifting off, she noticed that part of her scales were illuminated from the opening to the tank. Hopefully nobody would get suspicious.
Isaiah Lim (played by Orose_Khan)

Amara wrote:
Amara stood up as soon as the trap opened. She backed away, being careful not to place a lot of weight on her left hind leg.

"Thank you, again, my apologies. " She spoke again.

Amara looked at the man for intensively this time. There did not seem to be a way to see his age. Rather, like her, he had been around for a while. Yet... she was still young in the grips of time.

"I have never sensed your kind. Human... but not human...." She spoke in a musing manner.

"Most welcome. Your senses do not fail you. I am a little more and yet a little less than human. I am not of this realm nor am I a mere mortal." Isaiah's eyes gleamed red in the morning Sun as he spoke.

"Tell me, how did you come to be in a bear trap? And what can you tell me of this realm?"
Vixen Fraldia (played by North-Wood)

Amara listened thoughtfully. So, she was correct, this one was indeed not entirely human. When he ask how she got into the bear trap and is she knew the land; the small unicorn almost laughed.

"I know not these woods, which is most likely how I got into this trap. I normally sense traps and overstep them. However, this one is laced with a magic I do not recognize or even heard of. "
'This is getting ridiculous' Lucy thought to herself as she took yet another turn in what was turning out to be a very long spanning tunnel system. If she hadn't been taking notes of all the different twist and turns she'd likely be hopelessly lost by now. Lifting up her torch as she watched yet another spider web burn up in it's flames she started to wonder just how long she'd been there, 3 pages had been filled in her journal and still she was yet to see any signs of an end in sight.

At 6 pages she decided to sit down and take a break, her grumbling stomach agreeing with her decision. Pulling open one of her pouches she pulled out a ration bar, nuts and fruits and oats stuck together with syrup made for a delectable combination. Closing her eyes she savoured the taste while contemplating the area around her, 'sturdy walls, made of metal and stone. Dwarven metal like outside perhaps?' it was a curiosity as to why the tunnels stretched so far, and so deep under the earth. "Maybe they were made in case of an emergency?" she thought out-loud before quickly discarding the thought as she took another mouthful, "No, can't be, they wouldn't have abandoned the city so easily then" finishing up the bar she stood up stretching out her muscles and taking in a deep breath. She regretted it instantly, coughing on the dust her sudden movements had kicked up....again.

On her 10th page she noticed an interesting shift in architecture, seemingly changing down only one of the paths. Trusting her gut instinct she followed it down. Unlike the others this one grew in size and other than side rooms had no turns. It was simply leading her slightly downwards where it lead her eventually towards a massive door unlike she'd ever seen before. No handles, no keyholes, or even a seam to try prying open, just an intricate slab of metal preventing further progress. "Well, it must have been hours, might as well set up camp here and rest before trying to figure it out" she said out-loud staring in thought at the door. Placing a glove covered hand on its surface she felt nothing more than the grooves of the design. Sometime later she'd set up a bed role and makeshift tent by the door and used some waste scraps and debris around her to build a small fire. The cold had started getting to her, but she was determined to get past this obstacle.
Camelot-Castle-anjs-angels-33378986-1248-704_6681233_lrg.jpg

Camelot, a kingdom of knightly warriors, of mighty deeds of chivarly, righteousness, bravery, loyalty, mercy and honour, a realm where the Old Code was norm, respected by lords, knights, kings and peasants alike. Where all those helpless, persecuted and in need could come and find shelter and perhaps prosperity, without living in fear.

It was a kingdom that flourished greatly under the rule of king Moriah Tydfil, The Fair, for the wise old king understood very well that magic was in the very fabric of nature and embraced it and welcomed it into his kingdom, taking under his command the guild of rangers, a group of elite warriors who were blessed with magic and served righteousness above all, rangers who became his royal spies and assassins, his hidden eyes and ears which scattered across his kingdom, who worked from the shadows to prevent darkness and wrongdoing tarnishing his realm.

On the other hand, knights remained his show of force and arms, imposing law and order among the populace, inspiring safety and preventing or lessening crime.

Elves and those of magic became the strongest allies and good trade routes were set to prevent Camelot suffering from pests and draughts and for a time it worked well.

Though all good things eventually come to an end and the death of The Fair king, Moriah Tydfil, gave way for the rise of a new king, Conrad, which spelled the end of friendship between humans and any creature of magic.

Conrad favoured the knights, the less righteous and more cruel ones over the rangers, he also grew suspicious and weary of the black arts and of those wielding magic and, in the end, he banned them all from among his lands, severing ties with elves and dwarves and invading their lands so as to expand the kingdom of Camelot and the dominion of humans over all other races.

c106512_2f4ca0ab09ccfb4dd3f38ea656c7cf55.jpg

Spurred on by the lord knights, who saw rangers far too righteous, and a hindrance to their abusive powers, Conrad devised and proclaimed new laws against magic and came over to the balcony of his castle at capital city, to announce the kingdom at large of the latest news, the expansion of his empire by most unusual means indeed.

"My beloved vassals, for too long have we been fearing for our lives, creatures of the dark stalking our woods, villages attacked in the middle of the night by the curses of magic wielders. We must put to an end to all those who are not of our kind and subdue them before they grow in numbers and strength and turn against us." started off Conrad.

"I have raised a mighty army, under lord knight Tron Pentre, an army of the bravest of the brave, dragonslayers, knights, assassins, all working together under the lord knights command whose purpose shall be find such beasts as are the magic wielders and execute them or bring them back subdued, that you may all come gaze at them for yourselves, how they are judged and cast out beyond our borders or executed. All will come to understand that us, the humans, are the mightier race and Camelot a kingdom to be respected and feared.

By royal decree I hereby declare that a bounty will be paid out for every creature, of human appearance or otherwise, who possesses magic and is brought back to my presence, dead or alive. For too long they have been stalking among us, within our borders and this has to change. I shall rule upon with an iron fist to erradicate magic and by the time this quest is done, these foul creatures shall be commited to legend and forgetfulness, to nothing more than a distasteful myth" vowed Conrad.

"Brave men, arise to your king's calling, knights, warriors, villagers, it is time to protect this kingdom and rid it from its foes and for your services you shall receive a bag of gold of no less than twenty pieces" assured Conrad.

"Rangers who have long hampered our knights work are hereby vanquished and if any is found, slavery or death shall fall upon them for daring to tarnish themselves with elven magic" concluded Conrad

"Long live the king" shouted the knights, a cry soon echoed by many peasants pleased to see magic wielders out of their lands.

No sooner these words were finished, lord knight Tron Pentre who was in charge of the knights and lead the council of lords gave appropriate orders for the knights and guards to start rounding up any known ranger, who would either be forced to serve him or face vanquishment or death.

Lord Zerald saluted Tron, a sly smile across his face for the hunt had just begun... the long awaited hunt that spelled the demise of the guild of rangers, whom many saw as traitors for favouring elves over humans in their affairs.

Lord ranger Aynor, the head of the guild of rangers, had been standing on the roof, out of sight, quietly listening into the king's words and absorving them. Such decree did indeed spell the beginning of the end for the guild and its rights and priviledges in the court of law.

Ranger lords had the ability to grant freedom to slaves, tax crooked lords and knights, and provide pardons in the name of the king among other varied sentences. Given rangers were outstanding at stealth and the best at archery, they often crawled the roofs and terraces, for height give them better aim, better views, greater chances to escape or catch runaways.

No sooner he heard the king's new command he ordered all rangers to disperse, those who were all too well known were better off hiding and ordinary rangers and lesser known apprentices were encouraged to return to civilian life, finding commoner's work and respecting the king's decision.

Aynor knew very well that the knights would be coming for him and broke into a run, down streets and alleyways, through the sewers and less known passages until he reached the edge of the forest, Camelot's border, venturing further in, closely chased by Zerald and some of his thuggish rogues he called guards and knights.

Aynor was already exhausted even before the chase began. He had yet to eat or sleep, after keeping watch on the king all night long, and had been deprived of a horse that very same morning, without an explanation provided. Now with the official persecution and hunt Aynor had no choice but run on foot, rushing out of the cities and villages towards the forest just beyond Camelot borders.

He followed the path, or what was left of it, running for dear life and barely stopping to catch his breath from time to time, until he came to the spot where the Way Watcher was known to rest.

Legend said he protected travellers from dark creatures who lived in the forests and ate men, other legends spoke he guided dead spirits of fallen warriors, others spoke of him as the forest spirits' guardian, their warrior... be it as it may, Aynor deemed it necessary to present an offering so as to not offend these deities and, if this statue did indeed protect wanderers and warriors, perhaps he would be lucky enough to be found worthy of his company and protection.

Upon reaching the statue for it clearly wasn't moving, Aynor took one of his daggers and ceremoniously placed it upon the man, closing his eyes for a few moments to mutter a prayer for luck, and took shelter right by this still warrior, hiding behind growths, fearing the voices nearby were from Zerald and his thugs who might be closing in on him.

Aynor scrambled up the closest tree and looked down at the still statue and anything and anyone around it. His eyes widened, taken aback by the assorted beings that were gathering there, perhaps they too came to pray for protection and guidance as well. Though the mantis woman looked menacing enough to neither need guidance nor protection.

Now that he ascertained Zerald had not made it there yet, he fell quiet and stealthily came to hide behind the statue of the still warrior. If Zerald came and caught up to him... he could always use the Way Watcher's offered weapons to fight these thugs with, there were swords, spears, shields, bow and arrows, a whole armory laid place by The Hanged Man, and all of them were usable despite their rust and conveniently enough, within easy reach too.
Isaiah Lim (played by Orose_Khan)

Amara wrote:
Amara listened thoughtfully. So, she was correct, this one was indeed not entirely human. When he ask how she got into the bear trap and is she knew the land; the small unicorn almost laughed.

"I know not these woods, which is most likely how I got into this trap. I normally sense traps and overstep them. However, this one is laced with a magic I do not recognize or even heard of. "

"Magic, eh?" Isaiah's curiosity was piqued. This was one of the many reasons he had chosen a life of interdimensional adventure. To expand his horizons, to learn and harness the power Arcane, to make magic. "Where would I go to learn and master the mystic arts? I come from a world devoid of magic in any form beyond misdirection and parlour tricks. The reason I am here, the reason I have travelled such a great distance is to learn magic."
Ember rushes down the cold stone steps to the throne hall. Massive braziers hanging from each of the ten ivory columns light up the entire throne hall and shroud it in a dark orange radiance. The angelic paintings on the domed ceiling dance in the flickering light while statuettes look down upon the porcelain floor of this simple, yet impressive hall.

A cobalt rug splits part of the room in half from the throne to midway down the hall while swallow tail banners with embellished borders hang from the walls. Between each banner sits a small alter full of candles, none but a few have been lit and in turn illuminate the sculptures of folk heroes and legends below them.
Grand, stained glass windows of heavenly mosaics are enclosed by draperies colored the same cobalt as the banners. The curtains have been adorned with burnished corners and impressive needlework.

A striking throne of marble sits amidst two large statues and is adjoined by three rather plain looking seats for esteemed guests.
The throne is covered in intricate sculptures and fixed on each of the rather slim feet is a gem encrusted head of a legendary creature. The comfortable pillows are a light cobalt and these too have been adorned with gilded tufts.

Those wishing to witness their royal highness can do so on the several gilded and otherwise extravagant maple benches, all of which are facing the throne in a V-shape. Those of higher standing can instead take seat in the extravagant balconies facing the benches below.

Upon the throne, lie King Malvolio, and to his right, Queen Sidero. "Mother, father." She curtsies, nodding to them each.
"Where have you been?" Her father booms. Ember shrinks away. "I-i was exploring." She admits. Her father sighs, "Never mind that. Just sit." He gestures to her throne to the left of him. She obeys, and sits on her throne.
The Hanged Man (played anonymously)

The crossroads did not mirror the frantic haste of Aynor's retreat. Two fat buzzing insects twirled around one another in an aerial dance, wholly unconcerned about the slayer and his pursuers, before drifting off into the trees. As Aynor took shelter behind the plinth, the sleeper's eyelids suddenly flickered as if he was dreaming, though they did not open.

The dragoness kept sleeping, her mouth hanging slightly open as her gills slowly pulsated, water flowing over them pushed by the gentle motions of her ears. The room was close to silent, the only sound being the low howling of the wind outside the tower.
Aynor kept silent for quite some time... his heart pounding louder at the imminent threat of Tron's arrival and his bands of thugs. He heard hooves, he heard leaves rustle, he heard unclear voices and assumed the lord knight was almost upon him, stalking him.

The sounds came from the direction where the creatures had gathered, perhaps, they had been slain or captured and Aynor certainly didn´t want to end up among either of those two groups.

He reached slowly for a bow and took a rusty but usable arrow from the Way Watcher's bounty of offerings, tensing the bow and releasing the arrow to shoot with good aim towards the sounds, though he did not see his target, he didn't need to either for rangers had outstanding good aim and archery skills through elven magic's assistance and years of intense practice.

Once the arrow had been shot, he returned the bow into the Way Watcher's lap, back to the offerings pile, and added one of the two hunting knives from his boot, making sure to give two offerings back where two offerings had been taken from the pile, least a curse followed.

He crouched behind the Way Watcher for hiding and protection, hoping its presence would ward off attacks and continued to remain silent and still, his back resting against the statue's back, his head buried into his folded arms, covered under the dark green ranger hood.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Mountains Old (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus