Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Who feel they are wasting their days? Raise hands!

Raineater wrote:
That's what negativity and toxicity wants most from you; to consume and be more important than they really are.

This is SO important.

I recently got to a point in my life where I realized that I was tired of living the same day over and over again.
Get up, go to work, go home, and on Tues/Thurs see my boyfriend (which consisted of us laying around watching Netflix because we're too tired to do anything), or on Mon/Wed/Fri go to my other job. It was the same thing over and over again, and I was so tired all the time.

I just reached a point where I got fed up with it. I decided I didn't want to waste my days and my life like this. Along with that, I realized that I was having a really negative and toxic headspace. My attitude was awful. I was all negative and always complaining, so I started making an effort to recognize my own thoughts and emotions and work on making them more positive.
I'm also working on switching up my life, by applying to new jobs, working on creating my own editing company, and getting back into doing things I enjoy, like knitting!
Yesterday I went to a sushi place and had sushi for the FIRST TIME. It was exciting to try new things!
RedLantern Topic Starter

Well, nice then! XD

I'm getting back to my old kicks, I feel it like a reviving of some sort.

I missed my old ways, actually, connecting to it again was feeling good.

Sometimes it's time again with yourself that makes it feeling fine.

It feels like a reconnection.

Nice+! ;)
Prudence Giantkiller (played anonymously)

RedLantern wrote:
Is there anyway you plan on taking back a true life?

The one, where you are centered, you know.

I don't know. I think a centered life is a convenient fiction. Something people try to strive toward or present to the world as having, but behind closed doors we're all neurotic messes.

For me, personally, I recognize that I'm a bit broken inside, for a lot of different reasons. I strive to create habits and processes for dealing with my damage and minimizing it's impact on my life and the lives of others. I try to be a bit better every day and try not to flagellate myself for stumbling. I avoid drugs and alcohol, because I recognize how seductive they could be in offering a temporary escape. I try to be empathic and mindful of other people's struggles. While my heart is unlikely to be peaceful in my lifetime, I can try to make peace in the world around me as best I can. I can take pride in trying to make a positive impact in other people's lives, which helps smooth over the times when I feel like a burden or a waste.

Basically, for me, I try to be mindful of my own issues, do my best not to let them own me, and realize that other people struggle as well. If I can help them bear the weight of their struggles, it takes some of the pressure off my own.
RedLantern Topic Starter

well, centered isn't unscorned, don't get me wrong.

It's an hard concept to explain, but I feel decentered, and it make sense for me when I say it. XD

I mean, I handled control over my life, when I did multiples things that had been wrong.

I'm having now what are called "vices" which means I'm not into driving position as before, I'm being drived by those vices.
Prudence Giantkiller (played anonymously)

Ahhh, gotcha. I rarely feel out of control, even when my depression saps my will to do anything. Don't get me wrong. There are times I'm most assuredly not in control, but my particular pathology is such that I don't really feel it. I still feel like I'm making my choices, even if they're bad choices, or choosing to not make a choice.

That said, if you feel out of control, I'd suggest to start making choices. They don't have to be big choices, but make a choice and follow through with it. Choose to make your bed or do your laundry. Just making that small choice and following through on it will give you a small hit of accomplishment. Do it again and again. You still make need professional help dealing with things like addictive behavior, but start taking control one step, one choice at a time.
RedLantern Topic Starter

Amen, I'm not drug addict, I was reading myself back, and it could be read like that, I was talking about lesser vices.

Kind of ashamed to talk about them, even if there is people into them seemingly far more, more deep. Still, I always feel uncomfotable about speaking out loud my "imperfections".

I rather deal with them. XD

It kind of hard, I'm not sure I understand what you're being through...?

It's true about the steps, though.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Who feel they are wasting their days? Raise hands!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus