Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Who feel they are wasting their days? Raise hands!

RedLantern

So.

I wonder if anyone, nevermind their current situation, feel like they're wasting their time of life in a particular situation/sitting, during heir day, or night.

So, here, me first?
Same tbh
RedLantern Topic Starter

Arr// Keyboard.
RedLantern Topic Starter

Well, I feel I waste less my days since I work-out more effectively, but I feel I wasted my life anyway with that year.

I curse this. ...

Why would you feel wasting your day?
Because my time managment skills are terrible lol. I procrastinate like crazy which is a habit I'm trying to fix in light of pre-university homework piling up so fast.
Basically every human sometimes feels that way. It's part of the human condition.

You're should try asking how to feel productive instead. ;)
RedLantern Topic Starter

Well, I actually have the answer to this but can't get it done.I'm more looking for buddies or companions of misfortune, if we could call it like that, just to chat up sometimes, it comfort the soul.
My nation has a very strong culture of complaining (of all things). Those who complain about the culture of complaining tend to say things like "complain until bo si kang" meaning complain until no time.
RedLantern Topic Starter

((
Orose_Khan wrote:
My nation has a very strong culture of complaining (of all things). Those who complain about the culture of complaining tend to say things like "complain until bo si kang" meaning complain until no time.
XD XD XD!! Haaaha! I love this!! XD XD!! ))

((Oh Lord, I'll keep that in my mind, for sure. x) x') XD XD!!))

Errh, Anyway. :p

Well, to actually complain,except by talkin to the green plant, it would nice someone to complain together with, so,nvm. That will actually not working, right now. XD ^^ )
Wasting my day away? I do that every day! Haha.
But seriously, If I could I would live in action and adventure every day instead of being lazy.
But since nothing exciting happens to me. I must have boring days
RedLantern Topic Starter

Well, you should make it happend. If adventure don't come you way, come your way to adventure, isn't?
RedLantern Topic Starter

So,

I'm done and utterly tired of the guys I just see around, anyone had that moment when they are so done, they wish they could crawl-in a whole and don't come out ever for anything until the ends of their life?
That's so me but for homework. Although, I'd say mine is less healthy because it pretty much just means I'm lazy. Admittedly, it's not an insane amount that I couldn't possibly do.
Raineater

Sure. I can say I do and have felt like this.

My inspiration can dip and staying focused on what matters to me isn't always easy - especially if other things want to matter more. Sometimes, side-goals interfere repeatedly. I've found it's really important to fight for what you want, and pull back when you're just making excuses to stay doing the same thing that clearly isn't going anywhere.

In terms of art, this is even more true. If I have a particular task I need to accomplish, but am unsure how - I'm the type that if allowed - will keep tinkering at it until I can't stand it anymore. Getting some R&R is good for that.

So, taking breaks is a good thing, but the longer I take or the more I feel I'm forced into them, the more I find I'm just not getting enough done. Eventually, my inspiration either vanishes or morphs until it's not useful for what I was working on. However, my hand is only half-raised; I thrive when it gets rough, and right now, working on my own again is gonna be that. But if anything, I'm just cutting dead weight, and I'd rather waste days than waste effort. If I'm not being productive enough, I have to ask myself why, and what I can do about it, and make no exceptions.

To me, the worst feeling in the world would be not finishing what I started with all my heart, or letting that get put on the back burner for or by anyone else. So, for a little bit, I felt like I was wasting my days, and then I saw this, just as I after I started taking care of it again. ^__^
Prudence Giantkiller (played anonymously)

I think everyone feels like they’re wasting days from time to time. Especially if you’re a-neurotypical. Then you get the added joy of feeling terribly guilty about your lack of production.
RedLantern Topic Starter

Do you know the reasons for feeling that way?
Prudence Giantkiller (played anonymously)

For me, it's typically based on depression. I start feeling down, use all the energy I have to maintain productivity at work and keep my wife happy, and neglect the other aspects of my life. Health, other friendships, my hobby and pastimes. Then, that neglect begins to snowball, causing me to feel guilt about ignoring things and people, which makes my depression worse, which gives me less energy to try to fix the messes I'm making. The people I haven't been talking to grow more distant, and when I do reach out, I find they don't want to talk anymore or have changed their numbers or blocked me from messaging. Whatever the case may be.

It's a vicious cycle.
RedLantern Topic Starter

Well, I relate some way.

It's in thise kind of case I utterly aren't ashamed to say out loud what my heart believe in despite of what my head would like to believe, there is no justice.

You make a wrong turn, or two eventually, and then you're in the mud hole, and you can't just get it out, and you're just stuck there.

Is there anyway you plan on taking back a true life?

The one, where you are centered, you know.
Raineater

Honestly... there can be any number of reasons, depending on the situation. I just remind myself that there's no one stopping me but me when it comes to going forward, no matter how much other factors try to spring up and distract from my goals. And it's important to have those goals really embedded in my heart, doing everything I feel is best to reach them. Sometimes, they're small objectives, sometimes not; all of them are there to keep me feeling like I'm not letting myself down - or others whose opinions I happen to value.

Even when I'm wasting time on something fruitless, if I can swing myself back on track and use the negative experiences or feelings caused from that suction, I don't have to let that sacrifice be for naught. Cultivating my shortcomings into tangible ideas and opportunities gives me what I need to keep growing as a writer and as a person. It's not a perfect plan, and it doesn't always pan out how I'd like, but so far, it's held me together and I'm still going forward... so there's gotta be something to it.

Still... that doesn't stop me from having days where I find myself going in circles with concepts or motivations. Those are just par for the course, if you're aiming for anything beyond where you are, really. At least, that's how I see it. Go through that enough and you learn not to let it hook on too long to the parts of you internally that keep the clocks ticking. Misery loves company, and if you let sour feelings of waste and ill-focus take hold where they aren't welcome, shaking them off can be hard. You end up just wasting even more time.

That's the kind of thing I strive to avoid most. Even if I'm wasting my days believing in or acting on pointless things, if I don't acknowledge that I'm doing so - attempting what I can to remove the tar from my skull, regardless of how hard - I won't be operating with proper priorities. I owe myself and my dreams more than half-hearted efforts, and I can't let that be reliant on outside forces of any kind.

I could be explaining it wrong. Dunno. Just my take on it. I'm not really trying to achieve being centered, I think, as much as being the best I can be at whatever I put my mind towards - flawed as I am. There are just some things I can't afford to fail at, and whatever days are wasted in chasing after those dreams cannot be allowed to be more of a focus than the goals themselves. That's what negativity and toxicity wants most from you; to consume and be more important than they really are. When you allow yourself to lose track of time, sleep, and commitment, however or why-ever you do so, nothing good will come from that in the long run. There will always be people who say they have your best interests at heart, but it's always up to you to decide if you should be trusting yourself or others in moments where you're in doubt. It's easy to make choices based off of fear or pressure, and I find those can be costly when you listen only because it's safer - not more rewarding for your future.

Remembering that and tackling my pursuits head-on lets me smile and stay on target. Some days, that's just gotta be enough. I can be sad. I do get sad. But depression is different, and I'm really okay with fighting for my time, even if I don't always win the day. I'll win eventually. Anyone can, if they anchor the right ideals to their heart. I truly believe that. Rping is fine, and so is sitting online, but it should all be aimed at adding up to something you feel is vital offline, too. Otherwise, well, personally, I just wouldn't be able to be as happy as I am, and I can't make others happy if I sit around feeling bad about myself.

Sorry for rambling. I just really feel this topic and I've never seen it up before, and I hope that something I've said really resonates with anyone struggling to make the most of their life in a positive and useful way.
RedLantern Topic Starter

((sorry Raineater, but I don't take anymore rambling, not on my case, thanks.))

((have a nice day, anyway, thanks.))

+.))

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Who feel they are wasting their days? Raise hands!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus