Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » For all you sci-fi space ship lovers!

Allright guys, I have a request. I posted something like this earlier, but it didn't get a response and I hadn't worked itout so much yet. So, here I am again, with a more 'extended' explanation of my earlier plan.

Basicly, what it's about is that my character Tyron is the commander of a small spacefleet, existing out of 3 ships in total - The Confidence: the fleet's main ship and Tyron's residence, The Shield: A ship mainly used to protect the fleet by deploying a bubble-like shield and The Prospector: A mining barge slash transport ship. Point is, I really want to make some sort of universe around all this. What I'm talking about is your characters joining the fleet and cruising along with it throughout the galaxy, taking contracts of Privateering, Smuggling, Transportation or bounty hunting.

Here's a short summary of stats on the present ships (more ships can join the fleet as we go on). "possible jobs" is what your character can do on or mean to the ship.

The confidence:
Class: C
Type: Battlecruiser
Axis: 1648 meters
Guns: yes
Cargo capacity: 500 m³
Possible jobs: Cartographer (taken), First engineer (1), Fighter squadron leader (5), Fighter pilot (unlimited), turret gunner (unlimited), trooper (unlimited), Tac-trooper (tac = tactical)(2), second mate (1), third mate (1)

The Shield
Class: D
Type: Cruiser
Axis: 649 meters
Cargo capacity: 230 m³
Possible jobs: First engineer (1), engineer (unlimited), Security member (20), Lieutenant (controls the ship)(1), Gunner (5)

The Prospector
Class: E
Type: Cruiser
Axis: 826 meters
Cargo capacity: 800 m³
Possible jobs: Gunner (3), Engineer (10), Miner (unlimited), Security member (10)

What you can do is apply to any of these jobs with whatever character you want. It's not human-only, you can respond with whatever race you want/can.

One more detail as to the fleet. Besides these three ships, there's a number of smaller ships called Frigates and fighters.

Frigates are assigned to higer ranking officers such as the Captain himself, the lieutenant, the first, second and third mates, First engineer (maybe). They have basic laser guns and rocket launcher, and a double shield system. They have an average axis of about 50 to 60 meters.

Fighters are piloted and controlled by fighter squadron leader, fighter pilot and tac-trooper. They are often deployed for close-quarter combat with other fighters. They aren't effective on other cruisers or battleships, but have the possibility of destroying enemy turrets and shield systems on the ship's surfaces. They are equipped with basic laser guns and a single shield system. They have an average axis of about 5 to 10 meters.

If this isn't enough information for you, or you have any other questions, leave reply explaining the question, and I will be happy to inform you of whatever you need!
Wow, that seems awesome!

I'd like to join, if possible!

Could I perhaps have a spot reserved for me as a tac-trooper on The Confidence?

I'd like to see this evolve into something epic.

Cheers,

~Oaky
Freyya Topic Starter

Sure, which character? I'm assuming Austin :p
This sounds awesome! I'd love to do it, but the only sci-fi characters I've got is a space pirate with his own ship (A heavily modified corvette) and a thousand year-old xenoanthropologist from an ageless felinoid species...

I suppose I could make another character, but I'd have to give it some thought...
Freyya Topic Starter

take your time :p
http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=18885

There's Wren Tain, a former Naval fighter pilot. She's not all that detailed yet, since I've only just made her, but I suppose I can build her up through roleplay.
Don't forget this all has an edgy feel of steampunk and sci fi Steampunk got to be lovely, amirite?

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » For all you sci-fi space ship lovers!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus