Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Modern rp with a twist! Looking for partners!

Hi there!

(I am accepting more than one partner on this!Not wanting a group for the rp, but I'm willing to do the story 1x1 with multiple people!)

I recently thought up an rp that I thought would be fun. Normally I would say no to a modern rp because of the times my characters are from, however I want to do an rp that is something like this:

My character, Raine ( Raines profile ) is from a medieval time period. Lets say the 1500's (with my countries, etc. Like Vavel today would be in Europe, probably Switzerland). Raine of course, wanting to defeat her father is after a special item and when she gets the item it sends her into the future with noway to get back. She is flung into someones home and then that person takes care of her, they form a friendship, etc. (even possibly being taken back in time together to reverse the experiences)

Of course this has been done before, but I want to try it as I think it would be fun. Especially seeing her respond to technology and customs.

So what am I looking for partner wise you might ask?
Well, I ask that your character is male as I would like their relationship to eventually turn to romance.
Come with ideas! Help me make a story that wont die after 10 posts! :)
I also ask that you post at least 3 lines.
Pm only
Lastly, I ask that you take a look at Raines profile to make sure your character is compatible :) Raines profile

Thanks! I look forward to hearing from some of you!
I like her, and the idea :) I've never played a male character before, but I'll try making one. Do you have any preferences about the man?
InquisitorCat Topic Starter

Hi there!

We can give it a go ^^
My preferences? hmmm its more of Raines preferences than my own. She prefers fit men that will put up with her :) No restrictions towards them. Personality wise? Up to you. ^^ I have no real preferences so long as I am able to hold a conversation with them and they get along with her
Hi :)

Great! I've made a character, http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=18930&page=42281 - if you want to change anything, no problem at all, just let me know. Simon is a student who's mostly into computers and games, but likes jogging as well and keeps fit. He's staying alone for the summer with his roommate having left to work overseas, and has a free bedroom in his 2-bedroom flat as a result.

He has plans for the summer, but nothing super serious that can't be cancelled.

I've gone through your playstyles chart noticed the 'sexual' bit - would you be OK with fading the scenes to black for sex, if it comes to that?

Of course we can do fade to black scenes! ^^ Just understand that Raine is sexual in general. I will censor myself the best that I can, but she has a vulgar personality just so you know. Also what about cussing? She does have a sailors mouth, so I need to know if I should censor her language as well
Great, thanks :)
No problem with any of that. I'd just be terribly bored having to write the sexual scenes, that's all, but I don't mind anything she might do.

Do you want me to start with an introductory post of what Simon is doing?

Also, I'm pretty sure I can play him consistently, but I don't know much about him at the moment. Will you be OK with that? If you have an issue with anything in the RP, just let me know and I'll try to fix it.

sounds good. and I just wanted to be sure so I do not offend you, but I understand. ^^ You're m,ore than welcome to start it. Just send me a pm and thats fine. We can develop him through play and see how it goes. Also likewise if you have any issues with my character
Cool, thanks.
Im very interested in your rp. I have two characters that I think will fit. Now my characters are vampires but I could make them human for this rp if you want. Damon would probably be better to rp with raine.

Sure Dean! Damon sounds neat. But yeah if you wouldn't mind, I'd like him in human form. :) Can you tell me more about him personality wise?
David and Kayten (played by JayBird)

What about a cop and his dog?

I have others that might work as well, depending on what sort of fantasy level and how far into the future you're talking.

hey now that sounds fun! raine would absolutely love the dog! and no real fantasy in it since it would be like today timewise :) you got me interested jaybird!
David and Kayten (played by JayBird)

Okie dokie then! Would you like to open, or shall I?

I shall open it up, just give me a bit ^^
This most undoubtably sounds interesting... Me thinks my one modern character Rocky could pose a worthy partner. What could be more interesting than a midevalish character transported to the future and crossing paths with a gun crazy trigger happy adrenaline junkie. Mmm...

hmmm! he does seem interesting! Perhaps we can give it a shot ^^
Indeed. Would you like to lead it or shall I?

you can ^^ if you want

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Modern rp with a twist! Looking for partners!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus