Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Greetings and Salutations

Good afternoon folks! I am an experienced role player who has fallen off the bandwagon for the last few years and decided to try to get myself back in the game an organized a little bit by creating a profile here. You can see an example of one of my characters on my profile "Franz Kleinbauer".

I tend to play fairly militant characters, mostly human, and typically stick to either Sci-Fi or High Fantasy. My characters rarely have magic or special abilities and instead typically survive on some combination of wit, physical prowess, and or charisma.

Can anyone recommend me good role playing chat? and/or forum? Oh.. as I browse the site looks like you guys offer your own chat and forum games... I will have to check them out!

Feel free to ask any questions you would like!

Best Regards,

Esin
Sanne Moderator

Hi Esin, welcome to RPR! :D Good to have you here. <3 I saw Franz's profile not long ago, and I liked what I saw. Are you a native German speaker by chance?

There are tons of different places to find RP around here. Every forum topic can be converted into a chat by clicking the "Launch Chat" button at the top and bottom, any time, anywhere. :) Our RP Discussion forum is specifically catered to finding new RP partners, so you can browse existing topics or create your own!

And yes, we have a whole bunch of forum games, all of them can be freely joined at your leisure. ;) Let us know if you have any questions!
Hi there Esin! Welcome to RPR! Everyone here is so friendly, I'll bet you have lots of role-plays and friends going in no time! <3

I love high fantasy too! It's so much fun to play in :)
Esin Topic Starter

Nein, I don't speak more than a few random although useful words of German. My Russian is quite a bit more extensive, though not fluent. I often, although not always, give my characters backgrounds that are inspired by real world settings, so in this case Franz's background is inspired by Holy Roman Empire/ Teutonic Knights (in this case actually inspired by these backgrounds through the Warhammer Fantasy setting. He isn't specifically from that setting but was inspired pretty heavily.) most of my characters draw at least some cultural influences from central and/or Eastern Europe, or occasional non western influences such as Turkic or Hindi.
Welcome to RPR Esin!

Oh man, you will find players from every walk of RP here. All you have to do is hop into the RP Discussion forum and start shopping around. Also, if you're feeling terribly bored, you can start searching with the random character button (Or this link here: http://www.rprepository.com/community/randomCharacter.php , I've saved it to my bookmark toolbar so that I can just sit there and keep clicking it when I'm bored, there's so many characters that you barely ever see the same one twice :D) Otherwise, just lurk about, you're bound to find something/someone/group of someones that are awesome to play with :D
Yo and welcome to rpr Esin. I just wanted to say that your character franz sounds amazing!! Youll more then fit in here youll shine and blind uss!!(temporarily though). But in general the people here are kind nd and more then willing to rp. I hope you have fun and make lots of friends here.
Kim Site Admin

I'm very late to the welcoming party (I was recovering from oral surgery and fell behind on the forums...)

But hi! Welcome! :D I'm gearing up to play a German character in a LARP, so I suspect I will soon be joining the same club of only knowing a few useful words of German. I love well researched characters with ties to real history! I hope you have a blast here. :)

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Greetings and Salutations

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus