Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » FF6 Boss Hacks

Well, as some of you may know from a certain video of mine I posted in the Just Talkin' chat earlier, I have some rudimentary FF6 (SNES version) hacking skills, and can do some bosses. Therefore, I'm offering to hack in one or more of YOUR characters as a boss. You'll likely need to provide some pixel art of your own if you are able to, since I'm not THAT good at making sprites for bosses. Limitations for sprites: maximum size is 128 x 128, cannot be over 16 colors.

Without further ado, let's do this!

- CHARACTERS ALREADY DONE -

1. The Shadow: Already did it, this inspired me to make this request thread. Oaky, if you're reading this, I made him weak to the Holy/Pearl element only for gameplay purposes, as spamming Ultima over and over would have been too costly and the damn boss is already strong enough as it is.

- CHARACTERS TO DO -

Will likely not go in listed order, depends on whom I get sprites for (or can possibly make for) first in all likelihood.

1. Gatrasuuza
2. Solar Flare
Holy/Pearl element? Really? XD

Totally kidding. This is awesome, man. I'll be sure to put in a request soon (with included pixel art, of course.)

~Oaky
I don't have a sprite but I love FF6. o: So, uh, count me in I guess. o3o
GrandFinale Topic Starter

Yeah, FF6 hit western shores during a time of heavy censoring, so to avoid controversy, they renamed Holy as Pearl. Besides, I made it clear that I added in that elemental weakness just so that I wouldn't burn through MP as fast by spamming the 80 MP-costing Ultima.

Anyways, who's gonna be next? Also, Solar, go ahead and tell who you're wanting to be boss-ified, PLZ. I CULD RLY US TEH EENFUH.
Boss-ify Solar Flare please!

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » FF6 Boss Hacks

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus