Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Knightess & A War

Auren Corve (played by darkborn202)

As Auren was forced to sit next to the knight, he inwardly cursed his luck. Why, at all times and places, did she want to come here now? Ordinarily, he would've actually approved of the knight's kindness; this time, he found it to be irritating, just this once, when it that same said kindness was directed at him.

In response to her first request, Auren opened his mouth as if to speak, maybe to argue or to give an excuse, when he realized he had none. He closed his mouth, and slowly reached his hand up with his hat. That's when the knight fired her next question, and Auren thought of a way to delay the inevitable. Auren lowered his hand, and waved it, somewhat flippantly. "No, I'm just passing through town. I'm going back to my uncle's, and I had to stop here for a rest." When the knight THEN offered a piece of bread, Auren took it, feeling slightly touched that she would offer him some, but mainly ackward; if she was wanting to converse with him, she would find him a poor conversationalist. In Auren's own opinion, he was not a people person.

While following along this train of thought, Auren was interrupted by someone entering the inn. He looked, and saw that it was the fighter that the knight had bested and made into her squire. Yet again, Auren silently cursed his luck. Two potential enemies, one with foresight... He stopped, and realized he could ask the knight a question: "I heard you saying you had foresight; how does it work? Do you see what the person is going to do, or do you see multiple possibilities, where your actions determine the outcome?"

After asking this question, Auren thought of something completely unrelated to foresight- Judging by how persistent this woman is, she's going to still want me to take my hat off. Therefore, he took off his hat, but he kept his face slightly downtilted, as if he was concentrating on the bread he was about to eat. No one could mistake, though, how attentive Auren was to the knight's reply to the question he put out.
Asthan Vurlou (played by LuxAeternaAtrum) Topic Starter

She tilted her head, wondering what he was going to say, or if he even spoke their tongue. That'd be a piece of work. Asthan didn't know any language other than Ðrauian, both ancient and common. She enjoyed the Ðrauian tongue. It was so fun to use and to speak it fluently was even better. She could easily communicate with the people of the stone, in which she took pride in. She understood compliments given to her, and complimented others. Children knew her and would ask her to join them in their games. Most of the time, she would join them, play around and get back to work when the children went on home.

Seeing him lower his hand, Asthan didn't think much of it, just her distracting him by accident. The waving of the hand, though, for some reason caught her attention. "Ah... Ok." She said. "If you wanted to go through here to see your uncle the fastest way possible, you'd have to ask the Mintali men. They make contraptions that take you up to the surface of the mountain from all the way down here, a few miles below the surface where the ground is perfect for farming. Offering him bread was the least she could do for a passerby, and one that could speak Ðrauian at that. "Go on, eat! I had this bread made to see if it would help the Inn, which it seems to have." She said, turning towards the rest of the patrons raising her flagon with yell that the entire surrounding area joined in, even from the outside! Everyone in the Inn was hearty, laughing and drinking while also eating and singing.

She saw his gaze, or how little of it she could see, travel to the door where her squire stood. She waved him over, to where there so happened to be one seat left. "Zelote! Come join us!" She said. "And order yourself a drink and some bread if you fancy it!" She said with a grin. Her day had started looking up for her. She looked to him, curiosity covering her face. "Yes? I didn't see you watching, I'm sorry you saw me like that." She said, slightly flustered, but not embarrassed. "From what I've gathered on my own notes, my foresight shows me what will happen with one hundred percent certainty. It has never been wrong, and I know what will happen based on what I do as well. Once, someone sent an assassin after me, but I saw this in my dream, so I carried a crossbow with me, in which I could easily reload it and fire it back." She said, taking a breath. "The farthest I can foresee is up to a week from what happens, with no repercussions other than a slight headache if I do use it for that long."

It didn't really matter if she told him the truth about her foresight anyway, it gave her a hidden weapon. It wasn't a magical thing that could be nullified by alchemy or magics either. It was natural, though it didn't seem so. When he finally took his hat off, she remembered the description the child gave her. "Sir... did you happen to see a child when you watched me fighting?" She said in finality.
Zelote Moss (played by Thundershock125)

Zelote's posture slacked a little as he spotted the woman who had taken him in as a squire, partially against his wishes, but he swiped that thought to the side as he made his way over. He had observed the bright and warming nature of the dwarves that loom around in their seats and tables with their friends and family, a sight that he had silently envied since he had left home, but even then he had to admit that it didn't exist back there either if he ever went back. His thoughts had once again settled away as he took his seat by Asthan and the man she had followed. He seemed rather strange from what little he could have seen of him.

When a waiter had walked by, Zelote called him out and ordered some mead for himself as suggested to him by Asthan, the taste was still foreign to him, this lands seems to have made a different brew than the one back home, not that he'd complain. His attention then returned to Auren, the person seemed well and decent enough to him and apparently the woman, but he felt it was best to keep his guard up around this mystery character.

"So, what purpose do you have to be here in this city? From what I can tell, I cannot discern you from a wandering orator or a mercenary. So I'm quite curious myself.", he asked finally, his voice attempting to take on a 'softer' tone as he spoke to Auren.
Auren Corve (played by darkborn202)

When the man came over at the knight's behest, Auren could feel his tension quietly rising. Not in preparation of a fight.. not completely. Rather, he was feeling the tension from having to talk to a larger group... Even if it was just one person. After all, the more, the merrier... Those menacing, bloodthirsty thoughts rose in the back of his mind, but Auren suppressed them, and chose to answer the man's question first, gesturing to let the knight know he would answer her.

"I am neither of those things." Auren replied, somewhat quietly, "I come a school teaching people how to fight. What my profession is going to be.. Perhaps a 'do-gooder adventurer'?" At that, he smirks a bit, unknowingly letting part of a fang flash for a second. Then he seems to quiet down, and says in that same quiet tone, "But, in all honesty, I don't know what I should do." After all, who would accept him? "Perhaps join a military?"

In response to the knight's question, Auren said, with a mix of resignation and determination, "Yes... a little girl did bump into me... I tried to send her off to her mother." He knew the knight was after him- not him specifically at this point, but a suspected criminal, where he was the best suspect. Everyone would think so, because of his appearance.

In fact, he was surprised. No one seemed to know he was a dhampir, or even an undead-born. Where he came from, black veins was a common indicator of being half-undead. Perhaps this town was secluded...?

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Knightess & A War

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus