Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Distance to Your Heart (private)

The Host Club (played by Murkysoulwaters) Topic Starter

A small whine pulled itself from Shinya's throat as he watched Antoni flee. He didn't reach out to grab the other man's hand once again. He just let him go, barely any real progress developing between them. Antoni was still unable to deal with this. After another second, Shinya sighed, his shoulders slumping down toward the ground. "At least we're tied now," he muttered, taking solace in that. He eyed the little reddish scar around his pinky that looked exactly like a string tied in a knot. It was as much as he could hope for right now.

He forced a bright smile onto his face and hurried away from the library. He had a lot to do after looking up the nearest shelter online and so many other things. It was too early to rely on Antoni for anything and well, that was fine with Shinya. He looked after himself for five years just fine so he could easily continue to do it for longer. And besides, he wanted to explore. The sun outside felt bright and alive with heat. Who in their right mind wouldn't want to dance under it. Spinning in a circle, he let the laughter inside of him bubble out as he threw his head toward the sky.

"I'm tied! I'm finally tied to him!" Not minding the stares, he let himself revel in the moment of happiness because he deserved it. Hard work could come later.
Antoni didn't wait until he was very far away from Shinya before pulling out his phone and dialing Jodi's number. He waited for the line to connect before immediately starting talking, "So... you remember the stalker dude? Well, turn's out that we're actually tied." His eyes were wide as he spoke. He couldn't deny the tie, even know his eyes stuck on the little scarring around his finger.

"So he's actually your soulmate?" Jodi asked, their voice disbelieving, "There's no way this could be a trick right?"

"I don't think so? It seems pretty typical. We touched hands the string glowed and now I have the scar on my finger," Antoni said, stretching his hand as he spoke, as if maybe the mark would somehow vanish. "I don't know what to do. I ran away. I don't want to live out one of my novels." His voice descended into a whine as he spoke, clearly frustrated with this whole thing. But there was some part of him already looking toward the future. The inevitably that the red string brought. And he wasn't sure how he felt about that.

"Well let me look into this kid and we'll figure out from there. You said he was a drifter, right? I'm sure he has a home town, so what's his name, and I'll find out what I can."

Antoni stumbled at that, "Ummm... he's Japanese? I wasn't really paying attention when he introduced himself."

Jodi groaned, "Well, you're gonna at least have to meet him again to find that out..." they said, "Do that, let me look into it, and like don't do anything crazy like ride off into the sunset with him. You'll be fine. Also, finish your book! This should be the perfect inspiration!"

With that, the line dropped dead, Jodi clearly done with what they had to say and expecting Antoni to sort the rest of it out himself for now. Antoni groaned, the last thing he wanted to do was see the Japanese male again. But still it would be nice to know something about the man he was tied with.
The Host Club (played by Murkysoulwaters) Topic Starter

The day went by with an almost dream like quality. Shinya expected that since his dream had come true. Still, there was a lot to get done so he managed to tear himself away from the library and find a place to eat and the location of the shelter he'd looked up. Although he intended to meet with Antoni again, he thought it best to give the man some space, not rely on his kindness when it wasn't a given. Shinya knew that was the practical plan, though a part of him wanted to throw himself at Antoni almost immediately.

It wasn't until evening, while the sky was still mostly blue overhead, that he went to Antoni's home again. Although he didn't have much cash left right now, he got a fast food burger and went to sit on the stoop. He felt Antoni's pull some ways away, so he didn't bother knocking. Instead, he waited with more patience than he actually felt. Shinya was a doer, a person who chased what he wanted without waiting for the designs of fate. However, at this moment, he felt content. The air tickled his skin with a cool breeze and the indigo shades on the western horizon darkened with the minute. He expected Antoni would return home soon and with that, they could talk once again. After all, could Antoni really run away in front of his own home?
Antoni walked back toward his home, having used the rest of the day to accomplish tasks and determinedly not thing about the tied thread dangling from his finger. It wasn't exactly enough to lighten his mood, to make everything about this easier. But it was enough to distract. To make the Japanese man vanish from his mine for the moment.

So it was with arms laden with groceries and a clearer mine, he approached back towards his house. Not notice how the string grew tauter as he grew closer to his home. But it didn't take him much to notice the Japanese man adorning his doorstep.

Antoni stopped hold on his groceries slackening slightly as he stared at his doorstep. This kid was certainly persistent. Antoni would give him out. Not that it didn't stop him from taking a complete about face, not wanting to deal with this any more than he'd already had to today.

It was only after he was about a quarter way back down the straight, grumbling under his breath the whole way, that he remembered. The kid was sitting on the doorstep of his house. It wasn't like he could avoid his house altogether. He had to go home.

With a heavy sigh, he turned back around and drudged back towards his house, now acutely aware of how the string tugged on his finger slightly as he pulled closer to the shape on his doorstep. "You're not gonna leave me alone are you?" he muttered, not bothering with a proper greeting. "I guess I should remember your name then. What was it again?"

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Distance to Your Heart (private)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus