Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Athena Project (DM to join)

The Archivist (played by Dhalsim)

I've scoured the ethos and stumbled upon a troublesome timeline...

THE ATHENA PROJECT

Their world wasn't perfect - far from it in fact. All hopeful civilizations expand while in pursuit of innovation, yet every blemish attached to it will hide behind the Janus mask. History tomes will gloss over its pain and suffering, recanted by fanciful words used to elicit hidden meanings. But I stand before you as the witness, no different than these chess pieces, placed upon the game board of deadly puppeteers...

This world is Earth 0927 of the Orim Multiverse. A post-apocalyptic landscape is all that remains of a once thriving, technological society. Gone are the pure humans. All that remains are the synthetics, androids and robots that once served them. All who are coded into existence swear fealty to The Grand Architects who lay dormant in the sky towers. Those who oppose their will are destroyed, and believe me, many have tried.

However...

A band of unlikely heroes will stand against the tyranny machine and save humanity's last glimmer of hope...

Ensign (played by Dhalsim) Topic Starter

Ensign nervously paced through the busy marketplace. His glowing blue retinas scanned and scanned, interpreting coded information fed to him via Pirate Satellite. Micro frames interfaced in his vision like targeting reticles, blinking onto each passerby, highlighting, then x'ing them out in red.

Unidentified.

Unidentified.

Unidentified.

Where are you?

After what felt like an endless moment in time, a green window emerged from a sea of red unidentified marks.

Target Identified: Wily.

Ensign drew near the mark, cautious, calculating, assessing potential threats. He shouldered through a group of blocky maintenance droids toward a cloaked figure. It was taller than him, though much skinnier, and its arms were hidden behind the cloak, holding something ...

"You're Wily?" Ensign asked. It was a stupid question. The interface clearly surrounded this person with green indicators confirming as much.

"Of course I am." She uttered, her cylindrical head darting left-to-right before steering close. In one natural movement, the cloaked figure handed Ensign what it had been carrying. It was draped in a breathable blanket making weird cooing sounds. "It's delicate, but not a loudmouth. Don't squeeze too hard or you'll break her. I think."

"Wait a minute, what is th-" Ensign frowned as Wily shoved the item into his possession.

"You'll also need this." She revealed a small duffel bag. Ensign carefully held the wrapped "her" in one hand to sling the bag on his opposite shoulder with the other. Wily sighed with relief. She stared longingly at the draped being now in Ensign's grip, then met his gaze.

"Thank you, stranger. Please keep her safe."

A loud voice blared from above like cackling thunder, rattling Ensign's inner hardware.

== ATTENTION. ALL CIVILIANS STANDBY FOR MONITORING. ==

Three hover drones descended in a wide triangular formation. Without warning, their cycloptic front visors emitted blue scanning rays as they slowly canvassed the crowd.

"No, no, no ..." Ensign was in a frantic. He tried accessing the Pirate Satellite, but it disconnected from his interface long before the Enforcers arrived. They must've traced the signal...

"She likes to be sung to." Wily said out of nowhere. There was a somber tone in her words. "And she hates stories about snakes."

Before Ensign could ask her about anything, the tall robot unveiled an extra set of arms from her cloak, each one carrying high powered rifles. Her other set of hands grabbed for spherical objects on her waistband.

"Run!" Was the last thing Wily said to Ensign. Her voice register was picked up by the Enforcer drones. They immediately perked up, arms telescoping gatling guns that whirled to life. Wily threw the metal balls into the air before they opened fire. The spheres exploded with a loud, vibrating whirl, rippling out EMP shock waves. Wily let off her high powered rifles, smacking powerful rounds into the drones. Their shields absorbed most of the impact, shimmering bright neon as the bullets ricocheted away.

Ensign nearly tumbled over from the concussive EMP blasts. Somehow, they didn't affect his or anyone else's processing abilities; Everyone in the area was able to escape from the madness, unhindered. He looked back at Wily. As soon as the drones rebooted online, their gatling guns howled, blanketing her into nothingness.
And so it begins...

1424416437184.jpg
Artemis (played anonymously)

(("May I join this?))

Artemis seeing the chaos calls in a orbital ordinance drop dropping down a tank body to take over. The pistons in the legs screeched as it stood up for the first time, as its its arms and main cannons folded out. On the back grew a glowing red light as her large laser cannon on her back engulfed the drones in a red beam, until all that was left was molten metal on the floor. "Wow that drained a lot from me!" Artemis said as her power indicator went down halfway.
Her legs gave way to the power drain and fell to the floor creating a large crater in the ground near her knees as the light shut down in her back the large mech exploded and Artemis' body turned back on.

Chaos ensued in reckless, grandiose fashion. A giant tank dropped in the middle of the marketplace, blasting the drones into bits before powering down. Ensign wanted to get a more thorough layout of the situation, but Pirate Satellite was still unavailable. Instead, he cycled through his optics to display power signatures. Ensign honed in on an individual that had been standing in place for some time, sharing the same signatures as the tank. That's gotta be the one.

"Bozo! Do you have a death wish!?" Ensign transmitted via voice text to the robot's interface, "You just alerted the Enforcers to this whole sector! You better scram before-"

Ensign felt the air stir. The being in his care was starting to get restless. Just then, a dozen more drones fell from the sky, scanning the downed tank.

= TRACING SIGNAL COMMENCING =

Their sights would eventually set on Artemis.

"Well then." Artemis would rip out a bit of shrapnel to the ground, opening her arm up into a Railgun firing a very high power bolt at one causing one to explode creating a huge chain reaction of explosions before she fell to the ground. Her OS called out "Artemis your surrounded with low battery what do you expect to do?" I'm gonna do the best I can Artemis would stab a piece of shrapnel into the propellers but it would bounce off and she would fall over, "DAMNIT! I should've thought of that!" She would cut off her signal to the Artemis satellite so they couldn't trace her signal and shoot it out of the sky. "Control this mission is a fail, come pick me up." A jet would come out of know here and teleport her in she would grab the other robot before the jet teleports.....

((Artemis wouldn’t be able to stick shrapnel into the drone’s propellers because their shields would deflect that impact. Please edit that. Thanks!

Edit: for future posts, please leave the reaction/consequence to your attacks out as I’ll be determining the outcome as GM. ))

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Athena Project (DM to join)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus