Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Character Connections.

I am starting to use the character-ties for the first time now, and played around with it a little.

• I sent a request to a character for the section friends, some time ago. The user already wrote a neat text about what his character thinks of mine. Unfortunately I had to remove this character tie, because his character now is not just a friend, but declared family.

When I removed the connection and sent the request again, it delete the whole text the other person wrote about mine. Is there a way to prevent that from happening, or is there a way to just change the section?

Voted there.

• You can already add the persons that have befriended you or declared you enemy, friend or just a normal encounter. This a nice way of let others see your connections, but wouldn't it be interesting if you could put their "thoughts" about your character onto your site too?
Jane wrote:

[*] You can already add the persons that have befriended you or declared you enemy, friend or just a normal encounter. This a nice way of let others see your connections, but wouldn't it be interesting if you could put their "thoughts" about your character onto your site too?

This would be neat... it would be a good way to show the relationships between characters. I am in support of this idea :3
Kim Site Admin

I'm not actually sure what's being asked for... Sounds like it's just text?

You could use a guestbook for this, write what you think they're thinking in a text widget (although if it were my character, I'd want the person to ask my permission first!) or use the space for notes to be entered already included with every character friend, and set the connection widget to display it.

If it's something else, I need clarification. :)
Jane Topic Starter

For example: http://www.rprepository.com/c/dagger/32630
I have written a small text for every character Dagger knows.

I would enjoy if I could see who and what others wrote about Dagger and a widget that
allows to put it onto my site for others to read when they look at my own rpr.
Sanne Moderator

If my character connected to Dagger, and I wrote something about Dagger on my character's friend page, that's what she wants to be able to display on Dagger's page as well. So not just her own comment about other characters, but what other characters think about hers too. :)
Jane Topic Starter

Thank you darling, I didn't know how to explain it <3
Kim Site Admin

Oooh. I understand now.

The only reason I can think not to do this is that some people use those notes intending to keep them as private reminders to themselves, not as something they mean to share, and this would take that control away from people. I will ponder whether there's an easy way to let people give permission that won't be super confusing.
Jane Topic Starter

Thank you <3
EdtheNeko

Kim wrote:
Oooh. I understand now.

The only reason I can think not to do this is that some people use those notes intending to keep them as private reminders to themselves, not as something they mean to share, and this would take that control away from people. I will ponder whether there's an easy way to let people give permission that won't be super confusing.

Hm, perhaps give the users an option on the relationships page? Like a little check-box that says if you want what the info you wrote about the other user showing up on their page. Also, give an option for the other user if they want the other persons info to show up on their page.

Perhaps that will still give the users the options, if both have the choice.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Character Connections.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus