Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Chronicles of Obelus: Journey to the North (Full)

Mania (played by Kungfu6453)

I get it thanks)
Alicia (played by ShayN-03)

Lolu wrote:
((I figured your were new, but a post order is basically people taking turns to post. The same goes for Varen and Vikne, please post ONCE and let everyone get a word in.

So our post order would be:
  1. Dalitso
  2. Mania
  3. Varen
  4. Lolu're
  5. Vikne
))

Where am I on the order? Do I go after Vikne?

Alicia wrote:
Lolu wrote:
((I figured your were new, but a post order is basically people taking turns to post. The same goes for Varen and Vikne, please post ONCE and let everyone get a word in.

So our post order would be:
  1. Dalitso
  2. Mania
  3. Varen
  4. Lolu're
  5. Vikne
))

((Where am I on the order? Do I go after Vikne?))
Varen Dominal (played by darkborn202)

Varen stood at a slight distance. He felt slightly put out. He was not a healer- he was an offensive magic user. However, his slight sense of discontent was far overshadowed by the joy everyone had-and Varen's own relief- at the Caravan leader being revived. Varen also couldn't help but feel slightly... Alone. Look at that... A family.. he thought. Something that he could never seem to keep.

He shook those thoughts off. He had a family, it's just that no one could see them.. Or touch them... Besides, he had more important things to think about. Like the fact that he needed to ask this man if he could join them on their journey north. He stepped forward, about to speak to the leader, when...

A young, teenage girl appeared. Literally, she popped out of thin air. Her words made Varen's eyes roll, just slightly. The guards at the outpost were just men- easily killed or deceived. This cave of truth sounded like something that was far worse. It WAS supernatural, and supernatural is harder to kill than the natural.

Stepping forward, he couldn't help but tense up: he was near the cat-demon. Demons were not good for him. He could feel his eyes starting to prick and his stomach roiling, but by sheer willpower, he forced himself to smile tightly and address the caravan leader: "Glad to see your alright- My apologies in not being able to help you very well. Is it alright if I request something?"
As the centaur worked, her pointed ears listened to the girl as she rushed forward, saying the man's name. Dalitso? Deep eyes shifted momentarily towards the youth as she stood by the now dubbed Dalitso's side. Had the centauress heard the girls inner voice, she would have wasted no time scolding the young girl for such talk. Even in the heat of the moment, Lolu're had seen what Alicia had done. It's no easy feat to cut down foes, especially so young. She would have been praised.

A smile crossed darkened lips as her eyes returned to the injury, the shard moving closer and closer to the surface of the skin. Soon it would fall out and nothing more would remain but a scar. "It is the least I can do for those who put themselves in danger at my stead." It took all the discipline in the world for the half-human beast not to start when yet another appeared in the midst of her healing. Eyes flashed as she looked up towards...was she but a teenager? Lips pursed into a thin line, but she felt it wasn't her place to say anything, so head lowered again to where she could continue to observe her work was done correctly.

Much to her relief, Dalitso was rousing. So the healing was definitely taking properly within his chest. She resisted making a relieved noise, mostly because of habit. It wasn't unnatural to get struck by an overseer simply for feeling good about a job well done. It was expected at all times. And who was a slave to feel good? When the man spoke, her cheeks darkened some.

"...I could never be insulted by a term such as that...I'm not so petty to whine about the lack of the word woman at the end." The large woman got even more flushed. Weren't people normally looking for money or some kind of payment for their time? Who in the world were these people?

Blinking back thankful tears that welled up in her eyes from an overflow of emotions, the woman merely nodded her affirmation and continued her work. She couldn't lose her concentration now or risk undoing all that which she had been working on. Staring at the shard, she listened to Dalitso speak to the strange teenager.

A warning? Judging on what she had seen done by this small group today, she had confidence they could take on a fair bit more. With her bow, their blades and magic, the Dervish had no chance. But she still said nothing, not even when the girl had held out a map and bottle with pills. She glanced up to Dalitso, feeling that even in so short a time she could trust him, and trust him not to be so bold as to take some strange bottle with so-called magic pills.

Varen had neared, she kept her ear towards him so she could hear him speak, so she did notice his sudden tenseness. She had already assumed the man was already with the group, so his comment was curious to her, but that wasn't her complete focus now.

The healing was complete. The shard pushed one last time before it fell from the man's chest, the final hole was knitting together, flesh surrounding the hole making it smaller and smaller until just a rounded scar remained and a bit of blood spray. As she had said before, magic wasn't perfect. If it was, there would be no evidence he was ever injured.

"It is done...but please take care. The skin is still sensitive, so the wound can be opened. My magic helps wounds heal faster, but it's not perfect." She stood, rising to her imposing ten-foot height. She said nothing more, a habit. She was waiting for orders.
Vikne (played by yourfathersuncle)

(sorry fellas, had an issue with passwords and forgetting them. Im back now.)

Vikne had missed the exchange between the party. He had suddenly collapsed a moment only to rise now. Sanumeris was gone. The battle was finished, and it seemed that Dalitso had been struck and flung to the floor.

The shaman approached the group, staff at the ready. He vigilantly searched the nearby buildings, finding only a man clad in black. "Who struck this blow friend?" Inquired Vikne as he knelt to assist. Examining the wound told him magic struck him, but who's? It had been mended by someone, perhaps a priest had passed and assisted the wounded man. Vikne rose again.

"What passed in my absence?" Came Vikne again. "I can surmise that magic has struck. As well, Sanumeris is gone. Did my magic cause this?"

Alicia was startled when a teenager had appeared out of thin air, warning Dalitso of danger. She clutched her handle to her scimitar, her hand trembling as her eyes watched the shaman and non-human carefully. Magic, she now realized, was dangerous if used carelessly.

She gritted her teeth, not saying a word as she placed herself closer to Dalitso.
Dalitso (played by Serverus) Topic Starter

Lolu’re was now officially his healer. As the Centuaress finished, he smiled at her. She carefully worked the stichings on his wound, once the shard had dissolved. He would not remain in this life as a crippled, nor would he lose his life in this desert. He stood to his feet, slowly with help from Alicia who stood beside him. The assassin, leaned on the strong leg of Lolu’re to hold his balance.

“Where ever you thought you were going yesterday, I hope that today you choose to remain with me.” He said to Lolu’re, charmfully. This he hoped meant more to her than a simple thank you.

When the pale skinned man who helped him over asked for a word he would not refuse him. “Kind citizen. Your support was more appreciated than you know. Tell me what is on your heart, once I speak with this odd creature who seeks to guide us.”

When Vikne arrived with his staff, Lozita stepped from the circle of her sisters. “Your magic hurt the dervish leader and nearly killed Dalitso. But he still spoke well of you and seemed it an honour to fight beside you.” She grinned. “If not for the Centauress my love would be lost.” She looked at Lolu’re and bowed to her with grace.

Ecru hues then scowled at the being who offered him a pill and a bottle. What kind of witchcraft was this girl selling?

“You still have not told me of your master who seeks to guide me. Cave of Truth? I do not like caves. I will take my chances on the sea.”
Dalitso decided.

At though moment, he looked into the sky and seen that it was now high noon. Captain Lance, arrived back at the caravan in awe of the crowd.

“I see your merriband has grown, Dalitso. The ship is ready to board. Grab your chickens and my men will take the caravan from here.”

“Tengu.”
Dalitso retorted with a sly grin.

“If they have beaks and feathers I am sure if you roast them on a fire they’ll taste like fat pieces of chicken. That is if one is hungry enough.”

“You are going to scare them off. They understand common tongue.”

Lance got nervous. “Really?...Ha! I’m just pulling your leg. You look hurt and who’s the lass?” He flirted with the Centauress.

“She is off limits. Get your goons and lets get away from this place.” Dalitso ended.

“Well said, mate!” Lance said.
Mania (played by Kungfu6453)

Being “My mistress is here.” Qn25Psn.jpg mistress bowed “I’m mania I’m sorry if you don’t belive you. But I asked cause I know the girl you seek. You see I serve the queen of the north. Your not likely to get near her court without somebody who trusts you. Plus I wanted to test your will to see how much you want her back.but I won’t force you. Sorry to bother you.” She opened a portal and left. The being bowed to the mistress.soon the portal closed behind her. Being glared the paper vanished. Being glared and walked to the water and poured something into the water. Before disappearing.
Zamora (played by Aubrey)

There is no spectacular entrance for the wood elf. If her species is any indication, she's a long ways from home and a stranger in an unfamiliar land. She watches with growing awe as powers are summoned, men struck, and the eventual heroes taking the time to tend to their wounds. Only when the literal and figurative dust has settled will the young woman make her presence known. Over her lean figure are a muted set of clothes - namely a high necked tunic and trousers.

The strawberry blonde approaches by way of Varen, as he doesn't seem to be in the thickest part of the group. At her left hip is a plain dagger, while the right hosts a small axe. A young woman (Mania) appears and vanishes just as swiftly. As out of the loop as she is, everything seems to be a cluster of confusion. Though her voice speaks mostly towards Varen in particular, the words carry easily enough over the flat land of the city. "I can't help but wonder if you're a group of mercenaries or the most well armed singing troupe I've ever laid eyes on." Her eyes widen ever so slightly and brows lift as her gaze comes across the centaur.

(Delete)

When the wood elf spoke to Varrn, he couldn't help but smile slightly. "If this IS a traveling band, then the leader," he motions towards Dalisto, "is the luckiest man alive." His smile dissapears, and his expression takes on a thoughtful expression, as the shadows whisper information in his ear, unknown to everyone else. "It seems like the leader came in first, along with these women." At this point he motions to Alice, Chi, and the gypsie women. "Then this Shaman came along." He motions to Vikne. "When true mercenaries, slavers I believe, came along and attacked the group, the Centatauress joined the group." He motions towards Lolu're. "Finally, this woman flashed in and out of the group. Then I suppose I joined this group." He said, taking a glance at the elf.

She did not look threatening, but he was still cautious. Thankfully, he still had his vial of mercury in hand in case anything went wrong. And that raised a question: "If I may ask, what led you to this, aside from the commotion?" It would be nice to know her motivations. And his kind, helpful side stirred ever so slightly. If she needed to join the group, he could help her... he hoped. That is, if she didn't plan on massacring the group.

As the captain of the ship approached Dalisto, Varen decided that the two were firm friends, though Lance seemed a bit like a pirate. Varen then laughed inwardly. He probably is or was a pirate, you fool. he thinks to himself. As the group started moving off, he said to the elf, "If you wish to join, you'd best hurry and ask the caravan leader."
Lolu’re had looked to Vikne, eyebrow raised at his comments. Surely he had seen what he himself had done? And yet...like she had already stated, magic was imperfect, and the magic he wielded was strong, unharnessed. It very likely made him black out. But since he was speaking to Dalitso, she chose not to respond herself out of respect.

The girl Alicia had moved closer to Dalitso after the strange woman appeared out of nowhere. She couldn’t blame the young girl, if she were alone, she likely wouldn’t have hesitated drawing her bow against the new teen that appeared. And that strange talk...she wasn’t sure if the new teen could be trusted.

Her eyes went back to Dalitso when he spoke to her, she crossed a hand over her chest and nodded. “I would be honored to join you and your caravan on its noble quest.” She smiled. Yes, what he said had meant a lot. Kindness had not been something she was given growing up, so she was glad at the strong man's declaration. She looked back to Vikne as their leader spoke to him. The tall woman flushed again at the Spear-Woman’s bow, and she gratefully nodded her head in return. The man and the Spear-woman were mated. She would remember that.

Lolu’re was glad their leader would not accept the items from the strange woman. He was as smart as he was strong, if not more. But before they could get a response, someone else came. The Centauress had moved ever so slightly in front of Dalitso, but judging on how the man seemed to know her leader, she quickly stepped back. An intriguing conversation ensued and when Dalitso defended her against the flirtatious man, Lolu’re smiled from the action. Smart, strong, and protective. That Spear-Woman was lucky to find a mate who could protect her. Not that she needed protecting, not at all. The beast-woman had seen how easily Lozita had taken care of the enemy earlier. The centaur almost felt kind of jealous.

Once again the girl spoke, and the magic that proceeded was confusing. All the centaur could understand was the mention of the queen, and she visibly shivered, moving her legs to make it appear that it was simply her muscles twitching, and not actual fear. The Queen had this kind of power? It made her uneasy, but she wouldn’t allow herself to show that fear before the group. Not now.

And then there was another who joined the growing crowd.

Lolu’re recognized the Wood Elf, having seen a few of her race during her time in slavery up North. Although a stranger, an elf was not someone she would pull her bow on immediately. Even still, she couldn’t be sure if the Queen was so bold as to enslave elves… But the witch had gone and enslaved nearly a hundred centaur. Perhaps she was that wicked. She gave the woman a small smile, but again, did not respond. It was up to Dalitso to reply, he was the leader, and she was but his subordinate.

However, Varen had spoken first, and his words caused her to smile. But the smile faded. Somehow this man had information that seemed impossible. Or was that yet another kind of magic? It was frightening, if so, but it didn’t seem like Varen had any reason to be malicious; he could have used whatever magic he had to harm them ages ago. She shook off the bad thoughts. No, the man would be trusted until proven otherwise. Either way, at least now she knew how this group formed as well.

Varen continued to speak, and so Lolu’re continued to listen.

And just like that the girl Mania had disappeared. The Demon Tiger growled and studied the odd magic to see if it was real or some kind of divine illusion. “I thought the Queen of the north was a barbarian. How could Jovina wield such power?” Chi said.

Dalitso agreed with his own demon. He would mention nothing more of it. He hoped that girl, he’d never cross paths with again. Being an assassin, he prepared for all kinds of trickery; both divine and wicked. But that could have been a nightmare that could have ended their journey. When the Centauress chose to be his companion, he bowed to her, his dreads falling over his dark face.

Lance and his men had returned to take the caravan and prepare it for the ship.

“Lolu’re, I might need your strength with these Tengu.” He asked

Dalitso had gripped two of the feathery beast by the reigns, relying on Lolu’re to aid him with the other two. Alicia went with the gypsies who tended the exhausted shaman; that group had already went off with the caravan making sure it boarded safely on The Golden Salamander.

That was when Dalitso noticed that Varen was speaking to a wood elf traveler that happened by. He chuckled a bit hearing that joke about them being mercs or singers. Then he paused in thought, thinking really a wood elf? At least this is what she appeared to be as he was not so knowledgeable of the mer races. It was rare to find elves of any kind left in the desert. The last Sun Elves were destroyed a century ago by the Naga Tribes who now ruled the ancient valleys of the Hot. Varen had directed the woman to him and he had not forgotten the audience he owed him, unfortunately more curious ones kept coming. At least the wood elf did not appear as threatening at first glance; usually wood elves meant life.

He and Lolu’re were both heading to the shore thus when Varen and the wood elf arrived closer, he halted for a moment and would not be rude.

”I love her like the winter, how her cool fresh air gives me energy and life, and even when the summer comes and we are separated, I long for winter to come again so I can feel her comforting nights.” Dalitso sung to her; it was an Elven hymn to test her knowledge.

Surprisingly, he could actually hold a nice note.

“We are indeed a band of ruthless sword singers, m’lady. Welcome. I’m Dalitso.” He steadied his Tengu in one arm and used his other to gently take the wood elf’s hand and kiss it true. “The Golden Salamander awaits us.”

All would look up and see the great ship ready to take set sail...

KpgpVgV.jpg
Melodie (played by Kungfu6453)

There was a slave ship and on it was A young girl who was in rough shape. She looked so weak. like she had not eaten in days and was in pain. The where beating her to no end. But that slave trade was common in curtain place. The girl after skillfully destroying a few Gaurds collapsed. The Gaurds treated her worse. She was shaky. She was lucky to still be able to do anything. She was lovely and pretty. But she stopped moving.
Vikne (played by yourfathersuncle)

Vikne thanked the gypsies for this aid but insisted he was alright. The man scanned the area, seeing this already unfamiliar man in black speaking with another newcomer. An elf of some stripe he could tell, but no more than that.

The shaman had no words, crossing the gangplank and leaning upon the side rail. He went to his thoughts and the world unseen. Someone had recently pierced this realm, a rift had formed. It was minimally invasive, and under control. Another with his abilities was near to him. Friend or foe he could not tell, for he could make nothing of the senseless frightened and scornful whispers.

After his brief excursion his mind returned to reality, awaiting their journey's beginning.

Many things have happened, a battle, Dalitso getting injured, a spirit baring a warning, getting on a ship, and now, tending to a shaman.

To say Alicia was surprised by how many events have passed would be an understatement. But she needed to quickly move on, she's used to moving on. When the shaman thanked her and the gypsies for their aid, she immediately departed. She planned on patrolling the ship and make sure it was secure, or else she'd spend the night wide awake. It wasn't uncommon for slaves to pick a fight amongst themselves in hopes of a quick death...

She shook her head and quickly looked around her surroundings. The ship was quite beautiful, it truly lived up to it's name. Spacious and so far, clean, it wasn't anything like the ship Alicia was on when she first came over. She didn't remember much of her home, all she remembered were chains, ships, and frightening faces. She remembered trying foreign languages out, trying to learn with her sister.

She immediately felt herself cringe at the thought of her. Gritting her teeth, she quickly focused on something else, her scimitar.

....She really did need to talk more with Dalitso and learn what was going on. As amazing as the man is, Alicia had to make sure not to get too attached should something happen. But, she couldn't help but already feel fond of him, the Demon Caravan, and the rest of the people that have joined them.

Though she wanted to speak with everyone, especially Dalitso, to learn more about them and their travels...she was terrified of getting attached and them leaving her. She clutched the hilt for comfort before beginning her patrols.
Zamora (played by Aubrey)

The she-elf gratefully listens to the information the shadowmancer has to offer. "And just how is he," Dalisto, "the luckiest man alive?" She asks with a playful gleam in her expressive, vibrant gaze. Though she imagines she can guess the answer, it's more fun if she can make him say it. "For now, I'm strictly here to investigate the commotion." She tells Varen, leaving her statement open for a promise of later or an adaptation if necessary. Despite not being in the forest, the wood elf appears perfectly at ease with her hot surroundings, even in her full garb of long sleeves, trousers, and muted colors.

Even the best readers of intent would have a problem pegging the strawberry-blonde. Her posture is easygoing, her smile is curious and playful, yet her eyes seem to hold more depth and shifting emotions than human minds can comprehend. It could be an elf thing, it seems likely for the tales that are told. As Dalisto approaches, she looks him over, trying to get a read for the rather open dark man and the leader. She hears the familiar poem, accepts the kiss to her hand, and smiles at him flirtatiously "Aren't you flattering." Since she has nowhere else to be, she doesn't argue, but looks at The Golden Salamander and falls into line.

The young woman walks over the gangplank with whomever else will be joining the ragtag team of the group, who she's mentally dubbed The Singing Swords. Her green gaze runs a brief investigation over their ship. Within a minute, she loses interest at such a vantage and seeks to change her perspective. Zamora finds the main mast, climbs up it with the speed and efficiency of a squirrel, and claims the crow's nest for herself. It only takes her a moment to find something of interest. Since she has no inkling of what they're possibly doing, she figures the best thing she can do is keep everyone informed on their surroundings. Zamora slides down the pole even more quickly than she had ascended and makes her way to Dalisto. "I'm not sure if this interests you, but there's a slave ship to our starboard side." He seems like a fellow for liberation.

Varen sputters for a moment, looking for a truly correct answer that wouldn't brand him. A dryly giggling whisper then reached into his ear: Serves you right... Elyzia. Of course- she was never one to miss out on the last word.

Varen looked at the rest of the group entering the ship, and smiled- half a true smile in anticipation of an adventure, the other half a grimace to sharing undoubtedly close quarters with everyone. Just as he was about to enter the ship, a shadow seemingly rushed to him- as unobtrusively as it could, of course.

If Varen could describe this shadow, he would have called it a fat scholar. It probably was a scholar ghost that somehow became a shadow. Uncommon, but not rare. However, the way it approached him was slightly more.. blunt than the other shadows. He could sense their dissproval if the scholar, but he kindly allowed the scholar to approach him, smiling.

However, the words it whispered to Varen caused him to quickly snap a glance at Vamora, who was currently looking at the group. He quickly nodded, and dismissed it. He'd certainly misjudged the...elf. However, he couldn't risk raising the point now, publicly. It could turn ugly.

So, he decided to kill two birds with one stone, in a way. He approached Dalisto, and quietly told him: "The request I wished to ask you was whether or not I could join this caravan. I heard it was heading north. Please tell me your decision now, so that I don't have to swim to shore." At that point, he flashed a smile, and upon noticing that Zamora was climbing up the crow's nest, quietly told Dalisto something else, in a whisper, "That wood elf is not a wood elf. She is a-" Before he finished, Zamora called out what she had spotted: a slave ship. She had conveniently interrupted Varen before he revealed what she was.
The Centauress was unimpressed. But perhaps unimpressed was not the correct word. The disappearance of the strange girl bothered her, perhaps even more so than her abrupt appearance to begin with. Yet, there was no time to dwell on her or her eerie words. The most important part of this new mission to her was for her obedience and service to Dalitso. Though she knew he would likely disapprove of the words, in her mind, he had still very much saved her life, being the leader of this growing band and all. She could have taken out a few of the Dervish men herself on her own, but it was unlikely she would have escaped with her freedom. Or even with her life.

At his request for aid, she hurried to his side. She had noticed these creatures before, they simply reminded her of large chickens, if that, but there was something else to them that made them appear to her gentler nature. Her hands grasping the reins, she cooed softly at her new charges.

“Calm thyselves, sweet birds. I’ll do you no harm.” Whether or not they were actually sweet was uncertain to Lolu’re, but her intent to lead them on without any problems was her goal. So long as the birds were calm with her steady pace, she was satisfied. So long as they were calm regardless, she felt she succeeded.

Her hooves fell heavily on the stonework of the road, following silently, occasionally looking over the birds to ensure they stayed calm. She never actually worked with animals, at least, not giant chickens. Other horses maybe, but not tengu. As they walked, Dalitso once again caught Lolu’re’s attention.

A song.

If there was something more than wine that the centauress loved most, it was music. It mattered not if instruments played or the voice was off key or in a language she did not understand, such as now, so long as there was love and joy behind the tune, the woman-beast was enraptured. She snapped back to reality when the man continued on with business, and she found herself disappointed. She said nothing, but she hoped he would grace them all with song once settled upon the ship.

And finally, they reached it, The Golden Salamander. Though she knew not the name herself, the great ship was monstrous and foreboding, but it also gave off an air of trust. Between the draconic bow and the crimson sails, the decorative wings on the port and starboard parts of the ship, and the many ropes that ensured the great creation of the sea would said properly, Lolu’re was at a loss for words. The ship, if she could call it that, that she had come on, was nothing compared to this. She had bartered passage by agreeing to, once again, hard labor. Working a ship when one knew next to nothing about it, was a difficult task. But being strong and stoic, she was able to succumb even the strongest storm that nature would throw at them.

Once again, if she could read Alicia’s thoughts, Lolu’re would sympathize. There had been many times when one of her kind had purposefully killed themselves, either by dropping something heavy from a height onto their bodies, or eating something highly poisonous. Getting weapons was unheard of, they were carefully monitored. A suicide usually ended up in the entire barrack getting flogged. Lolu’re was no stranger to that.

When the birds were secure, the Centauress freely followed Cia. She, too, wanted to look around the boat and admire her craft. Calloused fingers ran over the side, ever so slightly, ghosting the fine work of a dedicated craftsman.

“It’s so beautiful…” She said mostly to herself, though anyone close might hear her. It reminded her slightly of the Queen’s belongings. All highly expensive, finely crafted, and don’t you dare touch anything. The threat of a Centaurs hide adorning her personal chambers was a threat she used often, or at least, parroted by the overseers.

Her thoughts were interrupted. How long she had been thinking, she knew not, but low and behold, that elf had not only climbed the mast but taken over as the Barrelman. Or Barrelwoman, in this case. At the mention of the slave ship, the woman galloped across the deck to the other side, fingers tightly gripping the edge. Were they coming to collect more slaves? Were they looking for her? She grit her teeth, turning to look to Dalitso for guidance.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Chronicles of Obelus: Journey to the North (Full)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus