Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » free tarot readings! (/semi-hiatus update)

Oh it's always fun to see stuff like this :3

Will I have a good shot of getting a promotion at work, or does the team actually consider me too annoying and immature to deal with?
Skrifa

Hi! Not sure if you're still doing this (and I know someone came before me, so it might be a while. Take your time, please! I'm not desperate for an answer.), but I thought this would be fun to do.

So, my question is, will this year be better for me, regarding my relationships with my friends and family?
haunt Topic Starter

Cobalt-Colt wrote:
Oh it's always fun to see stuff like this :3

Will I have a good shot of getting a promotion at work, or does the team actually consider me too annoying and immature to deal with?

D9_A535_A4_37_A0_49_CF_946_F_AFCD31036_FEE.jpg

card one (heart of the matter)

justice: major arcana card representing decisions and karma. "with tails entwined, two cats look directly at you, waiting for you to choose between them. which is right and which is wrong? the justice card implies a weight or heaviness surrounding a choice you have to make. now is not the time to shun the concept of divine balance, or karma. all of your choices affect your life, and sometimes, the lives of those around you, both now and in the future."

so maybe this is saying that, currently, you may have to chose between the promotion or something else in your life? or maybe it can be saying that you've taken the steps needed to get closer to a promotion, so now the aftermath of those decisions are in the works. i don't know if that really made sense and i'm sorry if it didn't oof.

card two (opposing factors)

three of cups: minor arcana card representing friendship, joy, and bounty. "the three of cups is a lovely card. it foresees you in the company of amazing friends, creating memories together that you'll forever hold dear. these are not any ol' friends; they are people with whom you feel a rare connection. with them you feel truly yourself. enjoy each minute of their company. this card can also indicate an upcoming celebration. love abounds!"

since this is opposing factors, the first thing the description is making me think of is you mentioning being afraid that team finds you too annoying to work with. so, you feel like the team feels the exact opposite of what this card represents, which is making you extremely nervous. on top of that, the card indicates upcoming celebration, and you seem to be afraid that you won't get your promotion and that'll be the exact opposite of celebration, too. basically, i think this card is here as a reminder not to worry. card one seems to indicate that you've already made the decision to try and reach higher and get this promotion, and with this already in affect, what's holding you back now are your worries.

card three (root cause)

nine of pentacles: minor arcana card representing a happy, healthy home. "always a welcome card, the nine of pentacles is a time to enjoy the many results of your loyalty and hard work. this may be a promotion at work or newfound stability and happiness at home. it's even possible that you'll find yourself enjoying the finer things in life, as luxury and refinement oftentimes accompany this card."

so this card seems to be restating exactly what you asked me, if that makes sense. since this is root cause, i feel like it's saying that you reaching to succeed and achieve what this card describes is what causes everything else the other cards talk about. i feel like it's also definitely here as a good omen and a reminder to not give up hope. don't doubt yourself and don't let your anxiety get in the way of success.

card four (past)

eight of swords: minor arcana card representing feeling trapped and powerless. "surrounded by obstacles and threats on all sides, you find yourself the victim. you see no way out, no available choices. your perceptions keep you from opening your wings and taking flight. what keeps you suspended here? yourself or others? the eight of swords demands an answer. you cannot hang here for much longer."

i think the main thing to focus on here is the part of the description that says "your perceptions keep you from opening your wings and taking flight." since this appeared in the past section, maybe this is referring to how you felt in the past, and now it's currently bleeding into how you currently feel about your situation? maybe you felt afraid with your job, but now that you see this opening for the promotion, you're reaching for it but now you're doubting yourself. i feel like this card, combined with the others, is also definitely here as a reminder to try and not let your insecurities hold you back.

card five (goals)

six of swords: minor arcana card representing hope at last and travel. "the six of swords is a card indicating a recovery from difficult times. hope is on the horizon, things will get better. it's important to rest, revitalize, and surround yourself with joyful friends. plan a trip, short or long. even getting out of town for the weekend will further lift your spirits."

i feel like this is pointing to two things: 1. it's saying that you hope that the future will definitely be brighter, you'll get your promotion, and all of this worry you feel will go away, and 2. it's here as a reminder to, again, take care of yourself and get some rest. don't let yourself obsess over the promotion and get so anxious about it that you can't really do anything else. maybe this is here in goals as a reminder to make your current goal taking care of yourself when you need to and not stressing out so much about work?

card six (future)

three of swords: minor arcana card representing betrayal, heartbreak, and turmoil. "a dark and complex card, the three of swords is rarely a welcome sight. its wrath may come in the form of lies, betrayal, cheating, or heartbreak. there will be emotional entanglement and confusion. do not try to make any decisions while in this state. wait for your heart and spirit to mend."

this is near future, so this obviously isn't the greatest sign. though i feel like maybe it's saying that you need to focus on yourself, or else you'll have to deal with all of the negative emotions associated with this card? so i feel like it's more of a warning, than anything. take care of yourself, find some time to go out with friends, and remind yourself that work isn't everything and this promotion doesn't determine your value as a person. even if you don't get the promotion, it's not the end of the world, and new opportunities will definitely arrive in the future.

card seven (you)

five of cups: minor arcana card representing grief and disappointment. "the five of cups indicates a time of sorrow. a relationship may fall apart or an old friend could slip away. there will be disappointment and even regret. when this card appears, it's important not to make any hasty decisions. it may also be helpful to look at the type of expectations you place on others. perhaps they can never do enough to please you."

i feel like this card is pointing more towards the present, too. instead of saying you will face grief and disappointment, maybe it's saying right now that you're currently feeling these emotions and, therefore, you feel like you won't get the promotion. i feel like this is definitely another reminder to take care of yourself and to not make any impulsive decisions.

card eight (external factors)

ten of swords: minor arcana card representing ruin, rock bottom, and melodrama. "when the ten of swords appears, you've finally hit rock bottom. you've let others walk all over you while you play the victim. is it possible that you love the backstabbing and drama too much to move forward without it? if not for drama...what would you focus on? it's time to find out."

since this card appeared in external factors, i believe it's yet another reminder to take care of yourself. i think it's saying that your insecurities and anxieties have gotten out of hand and you feel like you've reached rock bottom and can't see yourself getting the promotion, even though you've worked really hard to get to this point. i think this is definitely here as another warning to take care of yourself and remind yourself of your worth and that work doesn't determine your worth. remember that you still have potential to grow and achieve success.

card nine (hopes/fears)

ace of swords: minor arcana card representing truth and mental clarity. "when lightning strikes, the whole world seems to light up for just one second. it's as though you can see everything, and this vision lingers on even through the storm. such is the power of the ace of swords. your mind will become clear, your thoughts precise. it's a great time to make those decisions you've been putting off."

i think this card is here to say that you hope you can clear your mind of these worries you feel. i feel like all of the other cards are definitely saying this anxiety you may feel over the promotion can be getting in the way of your life, so just remember to take care of yourself when you need to.

card ten (final outcome)

six of wands: minor arcana card representing victory, success, and rising up. "from the dark and tangled branches emerges a butterfly. new life takes flight. if you're not reveling in the joy of success already, you will be soon. the six of wands is a card of victory, of rising up against the odds. the obstacles have been relentless, but now is not the time to look back upon them. the more pressing question is: where will you go with your new set of wings?"

this seems to be an excellent sign for the future. even though the cards took a very negative turn, i think they're just there as a warning to take care of yourself in order to achieve success. you may feel like there's no hope with the promotion, but remember to give it time and be patient. let yourself remember that your value isn't determined by whether or not you get this promotion. even if you don't get it, you'll be able to find new opportunities, but i believe that the cards are definitely pointing towards you getting the promotion, you just need to take care of yourself in the process.

also, 5/10 of the cards were part of the swords suit. this indicates a situation of turmoil and distress, which could definitely be pointing towards how you feel right now.

sorry if this got a bit rushed and sloppy, today was busy and i have a lot of stuff to do, but when i'm less busy i can definitely go back and be more concise and thoughtful if you need me too (and i hope this doesn't read like i didn't try, because i definitely did, but i'm very tired right now and had a lot to do so my brain might not be the clearest right now lol). also i got interrupted by a tornado warning halfway through this so like. yikes. but don't worry a tornado never touched down it just made me really anxious for a bit which also made it a bit harder to interpret these. regardless of all of this, though, good luck with your promotion and i hope this was helpful!
Thank you for the reading! Definitely lifted spirits. :)

Also I'm glad that you weren't hurt by a tornado, yikes! Watch out for yourself <3
Still doing these? I'll bite!

How is my near-future looking?
I love your deck, it’s beautiful :)
Hello! I was just reading the others' and wow, this is so interesting! I kind of want a tarot deck of my own now so I can do this for others as well. Very inspiring. If you're still accepting, could I know how my future business/career life looks like? The state/well-being of my career, etc. I have no idea how anything's gonna go from this point in my life. :3
haunt Topic Starter

Skrifa wrote:
Hi! Not sure if you're still doing this (and I know someone came before me, so it might be a while. Take your time, please! I'm not desperate for an answer.), but I thought this would be fun to do.

So, my question is, will this year be better for me, regarding my relationships with my friends and family?

just a quick warning: i had to do this reading a few times because the first few times just weren't making sense to me, and i'm really tired so this might be uh. Interesting.

35_E3_EB02_1011_4_AA4_8_ADA_4_F70_F7967374.jpg

five of cups: minor arcana card that normally represents grief and disappointment, but it's reversed, so the meaning will be different. "The Five of Cups reversed usually signifies that you are ready to begin rejoining the world. You are letting of the past, releasing your negative emotions and emotional baggage. You may also be willing now to accept help from those around with this Minor Arcana card in your Tarot reading. This is a positive step forward as previously you were so caught up in despair that you could not accept the help that was offered to you, which left you feeling lonely and isolated."

i believe that this is saying you're ready to let go of any negativity that may have been harmful to any of your relationships. i feel like it could also be saying that you accepting help from friends/family is a huge key to move on from the overwhelming negativity you may have felt. if you haven't already achieved this emotional breakthrough, i think this card is definitely telling you to rejoin the world so you don't feel isolated anymore, and accept help from those who care about you.

four of pentacles: minor arcana card representing possession and control. "the four of pentacles first suggests material gain and stability. only good news for your bank account and home. yet underneath the surface this is a card of warning: do not become possessive or controlling. holding on too tightly to the material world will leave you rigid, stagnant, and displeasing to others. wealth is a concept."

i feel like the negative side to this card description goes with the negative feelings card one mentions that you need to/are letting go of. maybe the development of the negative emotions this card talks about has driven you away from your friends/family? i feel like this card, along with card one, are definitely telling you to reach out for help when you need it so you can finally let go of all of these feelings. (also the tarot drags everyone every once in awhile this is a no judgement zone.)

card three (root cause)

nine of pentacles: minor arcana card representing a happy, healthy home. "always a welcome card, the nine of pentacles is a time to enjoy the many results of your loyalty and hard work. this may be a promotion at work or newfound stability and happiness at home. it's even possible that you'll find yourself enjoying the finer things in life, as luxury and refinement oftentimes accompany this card."

this card appeared in the root cause section, so i feel like it's saying that what's encouraging you to reach out again could be a new positive development in your life. given your question relating to friends and family, i feel like the "newfound stability and happiness at home" is what we need to pay attention to. maybe it's saying that you reconnecting with family will lead to encouragement and let you reconnect with friends, as well?

card four (past)

seven of cups: minor arcana card representing illusion and deception. "the seven of cups is not the most welcome card. it indicates you'll fact temptation in many aspects of your life. whether it's cheating for pleasure or for money, you'll soon realize you've been building a house of cards. you may feel as though you can't see clearly, can't judge right from wrong or up from down. this is the spell of the seven of cups. it's best to remove yourself for a while, step back until you can see straight again."

this is past, so i feel like these feelings of being lost and confused could all be tied in to the feelings card one and card two mention. all of these negative feelings seemed to have built up and affected your relationships, but it's time to accept help when needed and slowly bring yourself out of isolation. remember to try and reach out to your family, too.

card five (goals)

two of swords: minor arcana card representing blocked vision and a stalemate. "the two of swords depicts two opposing forces that have reached a stalemate. you cannot progress forward with either a relationship or a life decision. there's an answer that's being blocked--maybe by choice? many times this card will indicate you do not wish to face the truth the light will reveal."

i think the part in the description we definitely need to pay attention here is "you cannot progress forward with a relationship." i think the feeling of being unable to progress in said relationship(s) are caused by all of the negative feelings cards one, two, and four all mention. since this card is in goals, i feel like it's saying that you hope to overcome this feeling of being stuck. i believe that all of the cards are saying that, in order to overcome this feeling, you must see/accept the truth, start reaching out to people, and accepting their help when you need to.

card six (future)

the moon: major arcana card representing vivid dreams and fears. "in many ways the moon card encompasses the idea of the wild unknown. it is the shadow realm, the place where dreams, fears, and mysteries are born. much darkness can linger here, and if you aren't careful, this can lead to periods of anxiety and self-doubt, almost as though you've lost your way in a house of mirrors. many great artists have roamed this inner landscape. it's where imagination and creativity drift freely upon the midnight air."

honestly, i feel like the way the book describes this card never makes sense to me so i just looked it up on thetarotguide. "The general meaning of The Moon Tarot card in an upright position is that everything is not as it seems. It is also the Major Arcana Tarot card of intuition. The Moons tells you that something about a situation or person in your life is not what it appears to be and you need to trust what your instincts are telling you in order to see past this illusion."

the main way i'm interpreting this is that maybe you have someone in your life who may be doing more harm than good, and this card can be here to tell you to trust your gut/other's advice and figure out what you need to do. of course, i'm not telling you to randomly dump your friends because Magic Card said so, but if someone came to mind while reading this, i would definitely recommend looking deeper into that situation and, again, relying on help and advice from others.

card seven (you)

father of pentacles: minor arcana card representing being steady and entrepreneurial. "the father of pentacles is a steady, gentle man. upon first meeting, he can almost seem dull because of his extremely calm temperament. but underneath is an incredibly passionate man who prioritizes the stability of his job, family, and home. he is entrepreneurial and diligent at work. a true pleasure to know."

i feel like this card, along with card three, are definitely encouraging you to reach out to your family. both of them mention having a stable home, so i feel like it's either encouraging you to stabilize something that may have been causing conflict, or to be grateful for already-existing stability and go to family members you trust and accept their help in any other areas you're struggling with.

four of wands: minor arcana card representing completion and celebration. "you've done it! the four of wands is a card of completion. your labors have been steady and strong, and the harvest will be plentiful. in other words, it's time to party. there might be an upcoming event to mark this occasion..a graduation, wedding, or celebration of some kind. so enjoy yourself and those you love. this is an exciting and prosperous time."

i'm interpreting this in two ways?

1. once you're able to reach out for help and guidance from others and move past everything you feel may be holding you back, you'll be able to reconnect with those you love and feel all this new positivity and relief.

2. there's some sort of big event/celebration coming up, which will bring you closer to people you're close with and allow you to move on from the past and continue on in life.

either way, i definitely feel like it's repeating what the other cards are saying and is encouraging you to reach out and bring yourself out of isolation that you may have found yourself in.

card nine (hopes/fears)

daughter of pentacles: minor arcana card representing being responsible, kind, and supportive. "you'll usually find the daughter of pentacles behind the scenes rather than out in the spotlight. though quite shy, she's extremely hardworking and responsible. she handles details and logistics well--people depend on her. she has vast amounts of inner strength. lie all of the pentacles family, the daughter thrives while in nature."

since this card represents being responsible, kind, and supportive, maybe this could be saying that you hope to be all of those things to your friends/family? maybe you've let some negativity get to you and affect your relationships, but now you're hoping that you can overcome it and heal any relationships that may be strained right now. it's definitely possible, just remember to reach out to others (and the cards are definitely putting an emphasis on reaching out to family specifically) and look at any harmful relationships that may exist in your life. listen to others when you need to and let yourself move forward.

card ten (final outcome)

seven of wands: minor arcana card representing courage and inner strength. "a single wand stands up tall, ablaze with light. the others fall away in shadow. such is the story of the seven of wands. you'll not find any strength or support from others, only yourself. it's time to be truly courageous and stand up for your beliefs. you may feel overwhelmed with caution and fear, but your internal fire will guide the way."

this probably seems really contradictory to everything i've been repeating throughout this entire reading, but i feel like it's saying, in the end, once you accept the help from others and get yourself going, you'll be able to stand on your own from then on. you'll regain any strength that you may have lost during the really negative times and emotions the other cards talk about. overall, i think this is all a positive sign for your relationships, just remember to reach out for help! the cards are putting a lot of emphasis on family, so i feel like it's encouraging you to either overcome a conflict you had with a family and go from there, or be grateful for the already-existing stability of your family and accept their help with anything else you need. card six points to there being a harmful relationship in your life, so, again, if someone came to mind while reading that card, make sure to examine the situation closely and, as a lot of the other cards say, ask for help from other loved ones. you may feel like your relationships can't progress right now, so you need the help of others to clear your mind, see the truth, and reconnect with anyone that you may have lost. overall, once this period of healing is over, you'll be able to stand on your own.

so i hope this was accurate despite my current exhaustion hfjgh even if it wasn't good luck with the future!
Skrifa

Holy crap, this is amazing! Everything was very accurate - a little too accurate! ;) Thank you so much! I will be referring to this when times get harder!!! I really appreciate it!
haunt Topic Starter

hey everyone! i swear i haven't forgotten about this thread, i just have absolutely no free time to do readings but i'm almost definitely going to be able to get to them this weekend
haunt Topic Starter

OniShutenDouji wrote:

i'm sorry this took so long to get to! i've had absolutely no free time, and when i Did have free time, i was sick.

also, i'm going to change up how i do these readings a little bit. while i do love the book and their descriptions of the cards' meanings, sitting the way i do when i type everything from the book absolutely d e s t r o y s my legs (i have leg problems and not being able to sit a certain way/move them just. Pain). also, the book's descriptions can kind of throw me off and confuse me at times, so i feel like using the tarotguide will help me memorize the cards' meanings while also helping me give more accurate readings, since they're more straight to the point and less vague. i will pull from the book though if i remembered something in their description that can be applicable.

ANYWAYS,

23_D6_E07_D_459_E_4_B76_BB99_43_E3_CFD6_E644.jpg

seven of wands: minor arcana card representing courage and strength. "In a general context, the Seven of Wands represents opposing, standing up for what you believe in, fighting your corner and holding your own. It signifies taking the high road, maintaining control and being strong willed. This Minor Arcana card also indicates someone who is protective, defensive, assertive, forceful, relentless, determined and territorial. It can suggest that you are under attack, being harassed, blamed or scapegoated but you are resisting. Life may be challenging, busy and hectic with this card in your Tarot spread so you will need stamina to endure."

so, i feel like, since this card is the heart of the matter, this card could be saying that your life is currently busy and you may be facing some challenges, but you're remaining strong and assertive. if not, i feel like this card could also be saying that maybe you should be more assertive and stand up for yourself against whatever/whoever's challenging you? so i think this card is here as a reminder to hold your head up high, remain strong, and take care of yourself in the process.

son of wands: minor arcana card representing being charming and adventurous. (this is also called the knight of wands, but my book/deck says son of wands instead.) "In a general context, the Knight of Wands indicates that things are going better than you expected and any ventures you have taken on are likely to be more successful than you hoped. You should be full of energy, enthusiasm and confidence and should be feeling fearless and brave when it appears in your Tarot reading. It tells you to take action and put your ideas and plans into motion. This Minor Arcana card signifies getting things done and finishing what you start. However, this card tells you not to be hasty, don’t rush in without thinking and just expect things to work out. It is also a card of free-spirited adventure, travel and moving country."

this description sounds kind of strange since it's appearing in opposing factors, but i think it could be saying that you're having difficulty finding confidence and enthusiasm about the future. i think this really goes with card one because both of them mention courage/self confidence, and i think that the both of them together could be saying that you're having difficulty being confident and assertive in the face of life's challenges, which could be making you feel pessimistic about the future. if this is the case, remember to take care of yourself and remind yourself of your worth!

card three (root cause)

nine of wands: minor arcana card representing inner strength and stamina. "In a general context, the Nine of Wands tells you that you are halfway through a battle. Recent events have left you drained of all energy and feeling like you can’t go on, but you are so close to getting what you want! You just need to gather the last of your strength and push forward and you will be successful. It represents ongoing battles, being battle weary, drained of energy and fatigued. It also signifies courage, persistence, strength of will, having a backbone, holding out and perseverance. It is a Minor Arcana card of gathering your strength, learning from past failures, fighting your corner and making your last stand. You may be wounded, guarded or expecting trouble when it appears in your Tarot reading. It can suggest that things have not worked out the way you planned and there have been challenges and setbacks along the way. The Nine of Wands also tells you that you are close to success or nearly there."

so, this seems to really heavily tie into the first two cards, as well. since this is root cause, i feel like it could be saying that you're currently about to overcome something and finally reach the end, but you're having difficulty mustering self-confidence and courage, and whatever's challenging could be extremely draining for you to deal with. i definitely feel like that this, along with the first two cards, are reminders to not give up! remember to stand up for yourself and push forward just a little bit more, the future looks bright from there.

card four (past)

eight of cups: minor arcana card representing moving on. "In a general context, the Eight of Cups represents abandonment. It can signify walking away from people or situations in your life or abandoning your plans. It can indicate disappointment, escapism and turning your back on or leaving bad situation. The Eight of Cups can also represent the exhaustion or weariness that can prompt such a decision. Strength and courage are necessary to walk away from what you know into an unknown future and these qualities are also represented in the Eight of Cups. It is a Minor Arcana card representing travel so you could find yourself embarking on an adventure when this card appears in your Tarot reading. The Eight of Cups can signify loneliness, introspection, self-analysis and looking for the truth."

i feel like this card could be describing the events and feelings that have led to your current challenges. maybe walking away from a harmful situation has been an ongoing process that you're still working to walk away from? if that's the case, card three says that you're very close to being away from this harmful situation, so don't give up!

card five (goals)

daughter of cups/page of cups: minor arcana card representing being emotional and romantic. "In a general context, the Page of Cups is a bringer of messages. This can be in the form of happy news, important information, invitations to social events, gossip or the potential for romantic proposals. It can also represent your inner child so don’t take things too seriously when this card appears. It may be a sign that you need to connect to your inner child by embracing the fun and frivolous side of life. It can also represent beauty, fashion, glamour or style so you may be trying out a new personal style or having fun with fashion when this Minor Arcana card appears in your Tarot spread. The Page of Cups can also signify that you are beginning to gain a level of emotional maturity that allows you to be kind, compassionate, helpful, affectionate and loyal."

i think that, combined with the other cards, this is really saying that you hope life stops being so stressful so you can enjoy simple pleasures again. this is definitely achievable, just remember to keep your head held high, take care of yourself, and muster your strength to reach the end of something you're dealing with.

card six (future)

nine of pentacles: minor arcana card representing a happy, healthy home. "In a general context, the Nine of Pentacles is a great omen to get as it represents success, independence, confidence, freedom, security and stability. It is a Minor Arcana card of abundance, prosperity and wealth gained through hard work, self-discipline and control and self-reliance. It signifies that you have worked very hard to create the success and status you are experiencing and now is the time to enjoy it. So indulge yourself, pamper yourself and enjoy the luxury and contentment your accomplishments bring you. The Nine of Pentacles also signifies beauty, grace, elegance and sophistication so you may find yourself enjoying the finer things in life when it appears. This card also tells you that you have gained maturity and wisdom through your perseverance. If representing a person, it usually represents a strong, confident, independent woman who is beautiful and sophisticated and has worked hard to get where she is."

it seems like that this is pointing towards a very positive future once you're able to overcome the challenges you're dealing with. remain strong and remind yourself that you're almost there.

card seven (you)

seven of cups: minor arcana card representing illusion and deception. "In a general context, the Seven of Cups Tarot card represents having lots of options to choose from or multiple possibilities open to you. It can be an indication that you have so many choices or so many things going on at once that you may be overwhelmed or unable to focus properly. You need to limit the amount of things you are taking on to a manageable amount. There is no point in agreeing to do things if you can’t give them the time and attention they deserve. Try to be realistic about what you can commit to. The Seven of Cups can also signify that you may be indulging in wishful thinking, fantasies or living in a dream world. When this Minor Arcana card appears in a Tarot reading, it indicates that you need to make a decision in your life and realistically look at where you are. Take proactive steps to make your situation better rather than fantasising about how you want it to be. Your imagination is a great tool to help you envision your future but it will never happen unless you take action to make it happen."

going with the theme the other cards are all mentioning, this could be saying that you need to focus on reality and work past what you need to work through instead of living in a dream world. i think this card is here to urge you to work through your challenges that you're facing right now instead of just hoping that it'll end up being better. take care of yourself and just keep trying, you're about to reach your goals and the future looks extremely optimistic from there, just remember to stand your ground and be assertive about your needs.

seven of pentacles: minor arcana card representing contemplation and reward. "In a general context, the Seven of Pentacles indicates that you have been working very hard and it will soon start to pay off. This Minor Arcana card means that things are coming to fruition so you can expect results when it appears in your Tarot Spread. It is a very welcome card if you have been persevering with a situation or task and have felt like you’re getting nowhere, as it tells you success is just around the corner! Whatever you have been putting your energy, you will start to reap the rewards. It can also signify being at a crossroads in terms of which life direction to take or needing to take stock of things and make a decision. The Seven of Pentacles can represent manifestation of ideas, ambitions or goals so now is a great time to focus on what you want to achieve and make it happen. It is also a card of harvesting, cultivation, growing, planning, patience and finishing what you started."

so, this description seems to really go with all of the other cards. success is so close, you just need to muster up all of your strength and get there. things may feel tiring and exhausting right now, but remember that the future looks bright. it's kind of like you've slowly been paving the way to success and now you just need to make it to the end.

card nine (hopes/fears)

the chariot: major arcana card representing strong will, achievement, and triumph. "The Chariot Tarot represents overcoming obstacles through determination, focus and willpower. With this Major Arcana trump card in your tarot spread you will be feeling motivated, ambitious and in control. Now is a time to go for what you really want. The Chariot is not without its challenges, there may be many obstacles in your path but if you stay focused, keep your composure and are confident in your abilities, you will be successful! It can also represent travel (usually involving driving) as The Chariot is after all a mode of transport. The Chariot can also indicate that you may be acting defensively or aggressively to hide that you are feeling emotionally vulnerable. You may feel like you are in a battle at the moment. Don’t worry, if you maintain your focus, you will be successful! The Chariot is also an indicator of success in sports or competitions. The Chariot represents finding the balance between the heart and mind. Put any worries aside and maintain your focus."

so this also seems to go with the other cards with the themes of overcoming obstacles and triumph, so i feel like it could be saying you hope to find your confidence and overcome whatever obstacles you have in your life right now. this is achievable! keep a clear mind, remind yourself that the future looks optimistic and that your journey is almost complete. you may feel exhausted right now, but once it's all over, you'll be able to rest and enjoy the simple things in life once again. just remember to take care of yourself, know your boundaries, and remind yourself of your worth.

card ten (final outcome)

father of wands/king of wands: minor arcana card representing being creative and charismatic. "In a general context, the King of Wands indicates that you will have the energy, experience and enthusiasm to accomplish what you set out to achieve at this time. You are taking control of your life. You will motivate those around you, lead the way forward and set a good example for those who look up to you. You do not worry about other people’s opinion of you and you dare to be different when this Minor Arcana card appears in your Tarot reading."

it sounds like, in the end, you'll be able to overcome the challenges life is throwing at you right now and find happiness once again. life may feel tiring and exhausting, but don't give up hope because success is just around the corner. all of your hard work will soon be paid off and you'll be able to take control from there.

again, i'm sorry this took so long! i hope it's still helpful and applicable to your situation, and good luck with the future.
How will my broken heart be healed?

(Take your time)
psoliver wrote:
OniShutenDouji wrote:

i'm sorry this took so long to get to! i've had absolutely no free time, and when i Did have free time, i was sick.

also, i'm going to change up how i do these readings a little bit. while i do love the book and their descriptions of the cards' meanings, sitting the way i do when i type everything from the book absolutely d e s t r o y s my legs (i have leg problems and not being able to sit a certain way/move them just. Pain). also, the book's descriptions can kind of throw me off and confuse me at times, so i feel like using the tarotguide will help me memorize the cards' meanings while also helping me give more accurate readings, since they're more straight to the point and less vague. i will pull from the book though if i remembered something in their description that can be applicable.

ANYWAYS,

23_D6_E07_D_459_E_4_B76_BB99_43_E3_CFD6_E644.jpg

seven of wands: minor arcana card representing courage and strength. "In a general context, the Seven of Wands represents opposing, standing up for what you believe in, fighting your corner and holding your own. It signifies taking the high road, maintaining control and being strong willed. This Minor Arcana card also indicates someone who is protective, defensive, assertive, forceful, relentless, determined and territorial. It can suggest that you are under attack, being harassed, blamed or scapegoated but you are resisting. Life may be challenging, busy and hectic with this card in your Tarot spread so you will need stamina to endure."

so, i feel like, since this card is the heart of the matter, this card could be saying that your life is currently busy and you may be facing some challenges, but you're remaining strong and assertive. if not, i feel like this card could also be saying that maybe you should be more assertive and stand up for yourself against whatever/whoever's challenging you? so i think this card is here as a reminder to hold your head up high, remain strong, and take care of yourself in the process.

son of wands: minor arcana card representing being charming and adventurous. (this is also called the knight of wands, but my book/deck says son of wands instead.) "In a general context, the Knight of Wands indicates that things are going better than you expected and any ventures you have taken on are likely to be more successful than you hoped. You should be full of energy, enthusiasm and confidence and should be feeling fearless and brave when it appears in your Tarot reading. It tells you to take action and put your ideas and plans into motion. This Minor Arcana card signifies getting things done and finishing what you start. However, this card tells you not to be hasty, don’t rush in without thinking and just expect things to work out. It is also a card of free-spirited adventure, travel and moving country."

this description sounds kind of strange since it's appearing in opposing factors, but i think it could be saying that you're having difficulty finding confidence and enthusiasm about the future. i think this really goes with card one because both of them mention courage/self confidence, and i think that the both of them together could be saying that you're having difficulty being confident and assertive in the face of life's challenges, which could be making you feel pessimistic about the future. if this is the case, remember to take care of yourself and remind yourself of your worth!

card three (root cause)

nine of wands: minor arcana card representing inner strength and stamina. "In a general context, the Nine of Wands tells you that you are halfway through a battle. Recent events have left you drained of all energy and feeling like you can’t go on, but you are so close to getting what you want! You just need to gather the last of your strength and push forward and you will be successful. It represents ongoing battles, being battle weary, drained of energy and fatigued. It also signifies courage, persistence, strength of will, having a backbone, holding out and perseverance. It is a Minor Arcana card of gathering your strength, learning from past failures, fighting your corner and making your last stand. You may be wounded, guarded or expecting trouble when it appears in your Tarot reading. It can suggest that things have not worked out the way you planned and there have been challenges and setbacks along the way. The Nine of Wands also tells you that you are close to success or nearly there."

so, this seems to really heavily tie into the first two cards, as well. since this is root cause, i feel like it could be saying that you're currently about to overcome something and finally reach the end, but you're having difficulty mustering self-confidence and courage, and whatever's challenging could be extremely draining for you to deal with. i definitely feel like that this, along with the first two cards, are reminders to not give up! remember to stand up for yourself and push forward just a little bit more, the future looks bright from there.

card four (past)

eight of cups: minor arcana card representing moving on. "In a general context, the Eight of Cups represents abandonment. It can signify walking away from people or situations in your life or abandoning your plans. It can indicate disappointment, escapism and turning your back on or leaving bad situation. The Eight of Cups can also represent the exhaustion or weariness that can prompt such a decision. Strength and courage are necessary to walk away from what you know into an unknown future and these qualities are also represented in the Eight of Cups. It is a Minor Arcana card representing travel so you could find yourself embarking on an adventure when this card appears in your Tarot reading. The Eight of Cups can signify loneliness, introspection, self-analysis and looking for the truth."

i feel like this card could be describing the events and feelings that have led to your current challenges. maybe walking away from a harmful situation has been an ongoing process that you're still working to walk away from? if that's the case, card three says that you're very close to being away from this harmful situation, so don't give up!

card five (goals)

daughter of cups/page of cups: minor arcana card representing being emotional and romantic. "In a general context, the Page of Cups is a bringer of messages. This can be in the form of happy news, important information, invitations to social events, gossip or the potential for romantic proposals. It can also represent your inner child so don’t take things too seriously when this card appears. It may be a sign that you need to connect to your inner child by embracing the fun and frivolous side of life. It can also represent beauty, fashion, glamour or style so you may be trying out a new personal style or having fun with fashion when this Minor Arcana card appears in your Tarot spread. The Page of Cups can also signify that you are beginning to gain a level of emotional maturity that allows you to be kind, compassionate, helpful, affectionate and loyal."

i think that, combined with the other cards, this is really saying that you hope life stops being so stressful so you can enjoy simple pleasures again. this is definitely achievable, just remember to keep your head held high, take care of yourself, and muster your strength to reach the end of something you're dealing with.

card six (future)

nine of pentacles: minor arcana card representing a happy, healthy home. "In a general context, the Nine of Pentacles is a great omen to get as it represents success, independence, confidence, freedom, security and stability. It is a Minor Arcana card of abundance, prosperity and wealth gained through hard work, self-discipline and control and self-reliance. It signifies that you have worked very hard to create the success and status you are experiencing and now is the time to enjoy it. So indulge yourself, pamper yourself and enjoy the luxury and contentment your accomplishments bring you. The Nine of Pentacles also signifies beauty, grace, elegance and sophistication so you may find yourself enjoying the finer things in life when it appears. This card also tells you that you have gained maturity and wisdom through your perseverance. If representing a person, it usually represents a strong, confident, independent woman who is beautiful and sophisticated and has worked hard to get where she is."

it seems like that this is pointing towards a very positive future once you're able to overcome the challenges you're dealing with. remain strong and remind yourself that you're almost there.

card seven (you)

seven of cups: minor arcana card representing illusion and deception. "In a general context, the Seven of Cups Tarot card represents having lots of options to choose from or multiple possibilities open to you. It can be an indication that you have so many choices or so many things going on at once that you may be overwhelmed or unable to focus properly. You need to limit the amount of things you are taking on to a manageable amount. There is no point in agreeing to do things if you can’t give them the time and attention they deserve. Try to be realistic about what you can commit to. The Seven of Cups can also signify that you may be indulging in wishful thinking, fantasies or living in a dream world. When this Minor Arcana card appears in a Tarot reading, it indicates that you need to make a decision in your life and realistically look at where you are. Take proactive steps to make your situation better rather than fantasising about how you want it to be. Your imagination is a great tool to help you envision your future but it will never happen unless you take action to make it happen."

going with the theme the other cards are all mentioning, this could be saying that you need to focus on reality and work past what you need to work through instead of living in a dream world. i think this card is here to urge you to work through your challenges that you're facing right now instead of just hoping that it'll end up being better. take care of yourself and just keep trying, you're about to reach your goals and the future looks extremely optimistic from there, just remember to stand your ground and be assertive about your needs.

seven of pentacles: minor arcana card representing contemplation and reward. "In a general context, the Seven of Pentacles indicates that you have been working very hard and it will soon start to pay off. This Minor Arcana card means that things are coming to fruition so you can expect results when it appears in your Tarot Spread. It is a very welcome card if you have been persevering with a situation or task and have felt like you’re getting nowhere, as it tells you success is just around the corner! Whatever you have been putting your energy, you will start to reap the rewards. It can also signify being at a crossroads in terms of which life direction to take or needing to take stock of things and make a decision. The Seven of Pentacles can represent manifestation of ideas, ambitions or goals so now is a great time to focus on what you want to achieve and make it happen. It is also a card of harvesting, cultivation, growing, planning, patience and finishing what you started."

so, this description seems to really go with all of the other cards. success is so close, you just need to muster up all of your strength and get there. things may feel tiring and exhausting right now, but remember that the future looks bright. it's kind of like you've slowly been paving the way to success and now you just need to make it to the end.

card nine (hopes/fears)

the chariot: major arcana card representing strong will, achievement, and triumph. "The Chariot Tarot represents overcoming obstacles through determination, focus and willpower. With this Major Arcana trump card in your tarot spread you will be feeling motivated, ambitious and in control. Now is a time to go for what you really want. The Chariot is not without its challenges, there may be many obstacles in your path but if you stay focused, keep your composure and are confident in your abilities, you will be successful! It can also represent travel (usually involving driving) as The Chariot is after all a mode of transport. The Chariot can also indicate that you may be acting defensively or aggressively to hide that you are feeling emotionally vulnerable. You may feel like you are in a battle at the moment. Don’t worry, if you maintain your focus, you will be successful! The Chariot is also an indicator of success in sports or competitions. The Chariot represents finding the balance between the heart and mind. Put any worries aside and maintain your focus."

so this also seems to go with the other cards with the themes of overcoming obstacles and triumph, so i feel like it could be saying you hope to find your confidence and overcome whatever obstacles you have in your life right now. this is achievable! keep a clear mind, remind yourself that the future looks optimistic and that your journey is almost complete. you may feel exhausted right now, but once it's all over, you'll be able to rest and enjoy the simple things in life once again. just remember to take care of yourself, know your boundaries, and remind yourself of your worth.

card ten (final outcome)

father of wands/king of wands: minor arcana card representing being creative and charismatic. "In a general context, the King of Wands indicates that you will have the energy, experience and enthusiasm to accomplish what you set out to achieve at this time. You are taking control of your life. You will motivate those around you, lead the way forward and set a good example for those who look up to you. You do not worry about other people’s opinion of you and you dare to be different when this Minor Arcana card appears in your Tarot reading."

it sounds like, in the end, you'll be able to overcome the challenges life is throwing at you right now and find happiness once again. life may feel tiring and exhausting, but don't give up hope because success is just around the corner. all of your hard work will soon be paid off and you'll be able to take control from there.

again, i'm sorry this took so long! i hope it's still helpful and applicable to your situation, and good luck with the future.

I really appricate you taking the time to do a reading for me. It means a lot, especially with how accurate it was. Honestly I was just asking out of curiosity, but wow. Thank you so much.
So I'm with a guy that i care for dearly and i want to know what is in store for us if you could do that?
Someone taking their time to do readings for free? that is amazing, kudos to you.
If you do not mind i would like a general reading, nothing specific.
If you need any information about me, i am currently in a country different from my hometown, with no family and i just got a new decent job, way better that all of the previous ones, not really know where to go with life, so some guidance would be awesome.
Thank you again, if for some reason you decide not to do it it is totally fine, please take your time.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » free tarot readings! (/semi-hiatus update)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus