Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Possible bug, use of word "friends" in notificatio

Lizard

My profile's activity feed said this:

tumblr_mk2sjvw9cp1rjfya2o1_500.png

Which made no sense to me? xD I thought it was supposed to say something along the lines of "2 new game tags have been added, including Sebastian (played by Catharsis) and Blankface (played by Catharsis)"

Or, at least, that it wouldn't say 'friends'?

I'm pretty sure the last time I added multiple game tags on different characters, it said something different. :C Just wondering if it's abnormal?
Kim Site Admin

I suppose "friends" is not the most apt word, since characters can have four different relations to each other. Maybe I'll change it to something more generic like "characters you watch."
I notice it says "Furcadia" twice.

Shouldn't it be one tag for both characters? I don't know, it seems redundant.

I'm not the most knowledgable on this, though, so...

*slips back into darkness*
Lizard Topic Starter

Or, well, I wouldn't think it'd be 'characters you watch' or something, because it's on my profile feed, instead of my homepage or dashboard or whatever it is and they're my characters. xD I'm not sure how it appears to other people.

Though, the multiple Furcadias is a bit funny, now that I look at it. xD
Kim Site Admin

Ah, I understand now.

There's no difference between the messages displayed on player profiles and on homepages, so I guess I'll have to dream up a more generic message!

And yes, Oaky, game tag notifications are combined, but duplicate tags do not get weeded out. This is an intentional omition thus far due to the PITA and not-that-much-benefit nature of making duplicate game tags not display. ;)
Kim Site Admin

I fixed the phrasing and gave you an accolade. :)
Lizard Topic Starter

Whoa, thank you! ;u;

You are on: Forums » Help » Possible bug, use of word "friends" in notificatio

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus