Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » The Girl Who Leapt Through Time!

SailorTitan

I love this movie! I realized I haven't watched it in a while, so I watched it again today and realized I was a bit confused at some parts.

Question 1: I know this question is everywhere and it gets pretty annoying since it is asked in every "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time" questions but what did Chiaki mean by "I'll be waiting for you"..? Then Makoto replied that she'd come running. For awhile, I thought since she "Super-Jumped" back to the beginning of the movie where she first landed on the walnut device. So, wouldn't she get 90+ time leaps back again since she landed on it again? (Correct me if I'm wrong but that's what I think.) Anyway, I thought that what Chiaki meant by telling her he would be waiting for her was that he would be waiting for her to time jump to him since she had her 90+ time jumps back.

Now here's the question, I thought you could only time leap back to something that already happened on the past. This being so, Makoto could never time leap to him in the future.

Eh?

Question 2: Let's just get straight to the question, what is up with Makoto giving Chiaki a used up walnut device towards the end of the movie? She also checked how many time jumps he still had by looking at his tattoo before crushing the walnut (And he only had 1 more time jump left according to his tattoo.) Now, If Makoto received her 90+ time jumps back and Chiaki has only 1 left...Was Chiaki the one that used up the walnut devices time leaps then? Or maybe I'm wrong...?

Just to say, my theory about Makoto getting her time leaps back may not be correct. It's just what I read while researching this movie up on the Internet. :P

I'd appreciate some help! XD

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » The Girl Who Leapt Through Time!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus