Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Help a family being targeted over religion

I hope this is the right thread :) It seemed most appropriate. I am posting this everywhere in hopes that many people will encourage Kyrja and her family!

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/security-for-kyrja-s-home-the-glitter-dome

This is a friend of my mom's who writes children's books for children of Pagan families following a rabbit named Rupert. The books are ever so adorable, and Kyrja is such a sweet woman. Within the past few months they have had not only their home shot at, but bottle bombs thrown into their yard, causing their older daughter to have to be treated for chemical inhalation. Due to things that have been shouted during the attacks, it is obvious that they are targeting her because she is pagan/a witch. So now, with help and instruction from a local group, they are raising the funds to be able to outfit their home with extra protection from these people, and from others who may follow after they are brought to justice.

Perks for supporting Kyrja and Rupert's Friends start at just $1! And you can even preorder her new book only through this special fundraiser. Sharing is good if you have a blog elsewhere or on FB- At the very least, please leave them encouraging words and keep them in your own version of prayer. It would mean a lot to me :) Thanks, guys!!";
I remember reading about this on Facebook (through the page Better Gnomes and Cauldrons) and I was extreamly upset. It still amazes me was people do to others because of their beliefs.....

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Help a family being targeted over religion

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus