Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Demonette Unleashed.

Lilian Nastasia (played by Jaredthefox92) Topic Starter

The nearby town was having a convoy of travelers coming in from north of the kingdom. It appears a passing medieval circus was in town and there was an abnormally large amount of people and even other creatures entering the village from other realms. Bartering, merriment and dance, and even performances were seen going on that fateful day. Perhaps someone would know something about this book? While it was a stretch, it still was worth investigating to see if the book had any collector's value.As you enter the town you can see a caravan strolling into the street.
He headed over to the town, pulling the book from his sack. "Hey, any chance one of you can read this?" He asked, gesturing towards the book.
((*Caravan, not town))

At first they sort of oddly stared at him. To be put quite frankly, someone coming up to them out of the blue and asking them to read a book did strike the crowd as rather odd. Still, the fact that during this time most knowledge was either hidden or simply not available also made sense. Some of the peasantry quickly deduced that the person had more so asked for the capability to read rather than directly the person wanting the book read.At this point some simply pointed to the local temple. Still, one person indicated there was a shop nearby that they might try, potentially one that is used to store records and such scrolls. The shop could verily well be Nakon's best bet.
He thanked the people and walked to the shop, fingering the hilt of his sword as he walked, suspicious of everyone. He entered the shop and headed to a counter. "Hey, do you have any idea what language this is?"

"Hm? What did you ask?" Said a man coming from behind a bookshelf.

He appeared slightly old and yet had a appearance of studious about him. The man was however rather weak as he slowly approached the person before he looked at the book. Not knowing much about it. He nodded slowly.

"I mean, I think I can help you. Please, put your book on the table here young man and let's have us a look see." The librarian said as he pointed to a simple table.
He set the book down, sitting down at the table. "Alright."

The slightly elderly man moved over as he began to brush off the book. Once said tome was cleared up he slowly opened the book and began to turn the pages. However, when he began to try to decipher said text his entire body trembled and it looked like he took just about all his willpower to close the book rather frantically before he stepped back in what looked like shock. He then began to recite some form of hymn or prayer.

"This book, it-it's unholy! Th-the texts talked about unleashing demons! We must bury this book, right away!"
He blinked, confused. "What's wrong with it? It was in the ruins over there." He gestured at the ruins, then turned back to the book. "Look, just tell me what it says, and then we can bury it, or whatever."

"Young man, this book was used to imprison and entrap dark spirits, demons. If I were to decipher what it said for even a moment I could potentially awaken their foul spirits and we would be powerless.It's best if we bury this book, who knows what ancient evil lies dormant within the confines? The ruins were once owned by a sorcerer, legend has it this very town was once under siege by demons and he was able to seal them away. This maybe the very prison for said demons." The old man stated.
He thought for a moment, agreeing with the man, but now even more wanting to know what it said. He took the book back and slipped it into his back, pulling out a small sack of coins. "How much?" He asked, hoping that he could pay the old man to decipher the book.

"I'm afraid nothing on this world is worth the cost of my soul, my days are numbered due to age already. At least I would want to live out the rest of my time knowing that in the afterlife I am a free man." The elderly librarian simply stated as he shook his head.
He sighed, putting the sack back into his bag. "Could you at least tell me what language it is?" He asked, resigned.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Demonette Unleashed.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus