Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » New epic feature: extra character page(s)

Sanne Moderator

Didn't see it in the Dev. Log so here it goes. :D

Currently there are 5 pages per character. Even with the lovely widgets and reorganizing, some people put a lot of content on their sites that gets crowded and cluttered on only five pages. How about epic members get one or two extra pages per character to edit?

When the epic expires, they can't edit that page anymore like you can't with extra characters, but they will continue to exist and become available again when the epic got renewed. The extra pages can also be deleted.

I know this is probably going to be hell to implement, but I find myself short on pages on a few characters. It's frustrating me just a little bit. :( It would really make me happy!
Kim Site Admin

This has been planned since the site opened, although not as part of epicness. :D

There're just too many pitfalls with having certain pages freeze and others not. The current plan is to sell extra pages super cheap, like a few cents, no more than a dollar. Or maybe just a bunch all bundled together cheaply. That way they can be permanent and we won't have freezing confusions. It'll also let people decide (up to some limit) how many pages they need, rather than just getting a single extra one or two. I might end up throwing one or two in for people who prepay epicness for a year though.

It's definitely something that seems to be wanted more than anything else. It'd be here already if it weren't going to be extreme hell to implement. It's going to involve revamping a huuuuge amount of code -- and many of the templates. And the design of the editing pages themselves.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » New epic feature: extra character page(s)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus