Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Leatherwork and art commissions

Ilmarinen Moderator

Hello everyone! As you may know--or not!--I am working at an aerospace engineering firm as a full time software developer. However, I've decided to resign and try my hand at producing leatherwork and art full time. My last day is next Friday and I'm busily producing stock for Anthrocon in early July. This is my true passion and I'm excited to start taking sweet commissions from people like you! :)

A couple of you have purchased stuff from me already. Thank you! And if you like your stuff, please do leave me lovely comments. ;) And not just nice ones, though I do appreciate the warm fuzzies! Feel free to offer constructive criticism so I can make future pieces even better. If you've ever been curious about my work or had any interest in owning any pieces, now's the time to let me know!

Here's a super quick run-down of my prices:
  • simple bracelets: $10
  • fancy bracelets: $12-15
  • pair of mini-cuffs: $25
  • pair of bracers: $45+
  • collars: $25+
  • purses and bags: $25+ (wide variety--normally closer to $60)

I've also done journals, breastplates, corsets, quivers, earrings, and more! Everything is customizable, from designs to colors to sizes. Take a peek at my other stuff on these sites:
homepage
deviantart
tumblr
facebook
etsy

Also, I have been known to do illustration commissions...
Having known Heimdall for some years, I can tell you they put as much work into their products as the tailors, blacksmiths and metal workers of ye olde days.

How do I know this? I distinctly remember numerous complaints about how annoying it is to make chain-mail armor by hand -- from scratch. I remember when they were making their first bags and bracers and holsters with designs as simple as leaves and bolts. Their talent and their speed have increased dramatically over the years, resulting in the portfolio posted above.

What you see now is the work of someone utterly dedicated to their craft and its continual improvement. Quality stuff.

..And I guess the person is nice too. Maybe. They are a dragon after all.
Ilmarinen Topic Starter Moderator

Maww! Thanks buddy. ;) I can always count on you for encouragement.

So, to celebrate the start of my career, I'm thinking about doing some kind of raffle to spread my name. People would be able to get "tickets" by making posts about my work on their social media, sort of like how RPR does it during epic week! Would anyone be interested in this? I'm not super sure what the prize(s) would be at this point... maybe e-gift cards for my shop. :P

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Leatherwork and art commissions

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus