Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Mature Novel Title Contest - Winners announced!

TheLily

Winner's announced. See end of this post!

I am running a contest to give a title to my Camp NaNo novel. I write better when I have a title, but I don’t know what to call it.

Here is where you come in. From Friday June 7th to Friday June 28th, you can submit titles.

The novel is an mature themed novel. This is important.

Synopsis:

Simon and Melissa married young, right out of high school. They were the dream couple everyone wanted to be. Turns out, thought, that high school sweethearts rarely make it.

In an attempt to keep it together, Simon has been trying to spice up their marriage.

Just when things seem to be going their way, a zombie apocalypse hits and it's not just their relationship that is in danger.

—The novel will have HumanxHuman, Human(male)xZombie(female) and ZombiexZombie pairings.

Prizes:

Please note: art will not be erotic unless the artist feels comfortable with it.

First Place: The first choice of art, your name as one of the main characters

Second Place: Second choice of art as well as a minor character named after you.

Third place: Third choice of art.

Edit: Because of one of the artists being unavailable, I will only be offering a single piece of art to each of the top three winners. I apologize for this.

Honorable mentions: Each will receive a piece of art done by me personally.

RULES:

1. Because of the nature of this novel, only entrants 18 and older will be accepted. If you are younger, I’m sorry, but you will be not allowed to take part. If I cannot see your age on your profile, I will not accept your entry.

2. Titles can be any length, but shorter is generally better.

3. I reserve the right to pick a winner, but not use the title.

4. Rules are subject to change as I please.

5. Puns are hilarious.

6. Zombies or some such thing have to be mentioned in the title (Bites, brains, etc)

7. Have fun and pass this around!

Artists:
cotntlbreakfast - One full character with no background -or- couple line art from waist up
TheOrigiginalNunky - one headshot. There are TWO of these available. - computer is unavailable and therefore I will be cutting her so that people do not need to wait for their commissions.
RaptorBunny - a flat chibi
Alienchan - a full body picture
F0x1nth3b0x - a sketch.
kisagirl25xD - a single girl only/boy only picture. There will be TWO of these available.

Other artist might be added.

If you need more info, please PM me. I'm trying to keep it vague so that I don't put anything I'd regret on the forums. I am available to answer questions if you PM me.

Current entries:
NecRomance
Zombody Loves Me
The World We Lived In
Love You To Death
It's Not the End of the World
Till Undeath Do Us Part
Love at First Bite
Love Rots
I Love Her For Her Brains/Love You For Your Brains
Young love and death
What doesn't kill us...doesn't always make us stronger (or just 'What doesn't kill us...)
Deadly love
Shotgun wedding
No Brainer
Still Beating Hearts

Winners are:
First Place: NecRomance - I love the double meaning and the subtly, plus it's short.
Second Place: Love at First Bite - it alludes to the mature topic and aims towards the zombie aspect.
Third Prize: Love You to Death - I just like this one.

Honorable Mention: Til Undeath do us Part - it's catchy, but a little long for my tastes.

I will be contacting all the winners, but prizes will have to wait until each winner picks in turn.
TheLily Topic Starter

TheLily wrote:
I am running a contest to give a title to my Camp NaNo novel. I write better when I have a title, but I don’t know what to call it.

Here is where you come in. From Friday June 7th to Friday June 28th, you can submit titles.

The novel is an mature themed novel. This is important.

Synopsis:

(Male Lead) and (Female Lead) married young, right out of high school. They were the dream couple everyone wanted to be. Turns out, thought, that high school sweethearts rarely make it.

In an attempt to keep it together, (Male Lead) has been trying to spice up their marriage.

Just when things seem to be going their way, a zombie apocalypse hits and it's not just their relationship that is in danger.

—The novel will have HumanxHuman, Human(male)xZombie(female) and ZombiexZombie pairings.

Prizes:

Please note: art will not be erotic unless the artist feels comfortable with it.

First Place: The first choice of art, your name as one of the main characters

Second Place: Second choice of art as well as a minor character named after you.

Third place: Third choice of art.

There are now enough pieces of art being offered that first place will get to choose three times, and second will get two pieces, but the order for choosing will be:
First place winner chooses first
Second place winner chooses second
Third place winner chooses third
First place winner chooses fourth (their second piece)
Second place winner chooses fifth (their second piece)
First place winner chooses sixth (their third piece)
That way everyone gets something in their top three!

Honorable mentions: Each will receive a piece of art done by me personally.

RULES:

1. Because of the nature of this novel, only entrants 18 and older will be accepted. If you are younger, I’m sorry, but you will be not allowed to take part. If I cannot see your age on your profile, I will not accept your entry.

2. Titles can be any length, but shorter is generally better.

3. I reserve the right to pick a winner, but not use the title.

4. Rules are subject to change as I please.

5. Puns are hilarious.

6. Zombies or some such thing have to be mentioned in the title (Bites, brains, etc)

7. Have fun and pass this around!

Artists:
cotntlbreakfast - One full character with no background -or- couple line art from waist up
TheOrigiginalNunky - one headshot. There are TWO of these available.
RaptorBunny - a flat chibi
Alienchan - a full body picture
F0x1nth3b0x - a sketch.
kisagirl25xD - a single girl only/boy only picture. There will be TWO of these available.

Other artist might be added.

If you need more info, please PM me. I'm trying to keep it vague so that I don't put anything I'd regret on the forums. I am available to answer questions if you PM me.

Current entries:
NecRomance
Zombody Loves Me
The World We Lived In
Love You To Death
It's Not the End of the World
Till Undeath do us Part.
TheLily Topic Starter

Still ongoing!
TheLily Topic Starter

Two more days!
TheLily Topic Starter

Closed - judging will commence and I will be informing winners by PM, but I will also be putting up the winning title when I'm finished judging. :3 Good luck everyone.
TheLily Topic Starter

Winners will be contacted :)
We don't get to know who won?! XD
TheLily Topic Starter

If they want to come forward they can
Necromance was my favorite, too!

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Mature Novel Title Contest - Winners announced!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus