Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Misc other (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

The captain watches the recording, nodding slowly.

He exhales through his nose in a slight sigh at the end, lips tight. He looks toward the Vynym before saying, "While you are not our responsibility, this issue could be. It sounds like you aren't the only ones with one of these, and if any of these other 'shard bearers' are citizens of the Grand Duchy, their life, and the lives of anyone who happens to be near them, could be in danger."

"Apparently you had said you were looking for who might own that shard. I may be wrong, but I do not think anyone has owned it in a very long time. If you would come into the camp, we can get you any food or clean water you may need, and we will get in touch with the general, and the Grand University, perhaps they wo--" he stops speaking abruptly.

Lurching out of the forest comes a large dark blob, easily the height of the pallisade and covered with an endless seeming number of eyes, mouthes, pustules, and tendrils. It moves hideously toward the wall, and the soldiers all simply gape at it for a moment.

"What in the name of all that is holy is that thing?" He asks the two, a hint of panic in his voice.
Neo Angelo (played by dantefrancis)

"You can get the food,I'll just wait out here."Neo would lay against a wall and would wait,putting back on his hoodie and being careful of his surroundings.
Charlotte Evergrande (played by Lumaslily)

Inside an inn is a young girl that feels like she has the weight of the world on her delicate shoulders.

Charlotte was a traveling performer that just wanted to be a entertainer like all the famous performers she always admired as a child. But now her journey has been put on hold because some mysterious stranger decided to thrust her into a quest that she was unprepared to complete.

It's been a couple of weeks since she received the message and for the past few days Charlotte has been wandering the countryside unsure of what to do. She decided to leave her companions for the sake of their safety as there was a huntress on the loose for her shard. Charlotte left half of the gold she received to her friends and left a hastily written note explaining that the job was too much for her and she decided to return home. She felt guilty for having to leave so suddenly but it was what she the thought was the best option at the time.

Luckily, Charlotte's friend, Yuna had decided she wouldn't be leaving her friend alone in this stressful journey. Yuna was the first to find her friends note and realized something was wrong because it was unusual for Charlotte to give up on something she was passionate about. Honestly, Charlotte was happy to have someone to lean on, but at the same time that meant Yuna would also be at the mercy of the huntress.

This would just be the begining of their probblems because they were unknowingly at the same inn where the huntress was negotiating with a mercenary. They were inside their bug invested room coming up with a plan for a quick performance to make some extra money since they were running low on funds. They decided to ignore the ruckus that was going on outside as they didn't want to get involved. But that didnt stop Charlotte from worrying what might happen once she started her performance.

"Okay, I'll keep the shard on my person while you dance. While you are dancing I can use some of my illusion magic to give your dance a little sparkle. Once we get the gold we will be out of this town and onto the next...hey, are you listening?"

Yuna had a map laid out on the floor that marked their next destination but she hadn't notice Charlotte was too busy looking at the shard instead of listening to her plan. Yuna impatiently waved her hand in Charlotte's face to grab her attention.

"I-I'm listening!" Charlotte immediately looked up at Yuna who had a slightly annoyed look on her face.

"You were saying something about magic, yes?" Charlotte took a good guess but that only just confirmed her mind was somewhere else.

Yuna sighed and instead of getting more irritated, she responded with a soft smile as she knew it wasn't entirely her friends fault for being so aloof.

"We will make it through this, okay?" Yuna reached over and placed a hand over Charlotte's.

"The next town over I heard has a huge library so maybe we can learn about this stupid shard and why its so important to those people. Plus, they probably have better inns so we dont have to sleep on the floor away from the bugs! So lets get this money and knock those drunkards socks off!"

Yuna's encouragement made Charlotte's lips curl up into a small smile, out of the people in their group she was defiantly glad Yuna was with her on this adventure.

Charlotte nodded and the two stood up to leave their room and inform the innkeeper that they were ready to perform. Charlotte handed the shard to Yuna who placed it into her satchel. They walked over to front of the bar where Yuna informed the innkeeper while Charlotte prepared herself on stage.

Charlotte removed her cloak revealing her attire that immediately grabbed some of the patrons attention. The sounds of whistling and catcalling filled the room instead of whispers and fear like it was before.

Charlotte glanced over to her friend who had her flute prepared to begin their performance. Yuna smiled and gave her friend a wink, signalling that she was ready. Charlotte relaxed her body and closed her eyes, now it was time to show off what she was good at and make some gold.
Jules sighs and heads back inside and orders 2 steaks and 2 strawberry cheesecakes to go. She gets the food and heads back out. "Yo, where to now? I suggest we head somewhere where you wont be as noticed. Unless you want to potentially lose your temper." She chuckles. "My place isn't far from here or we can just find a room here." She shifts her weight to better hold the food.

"Your place sounds better.",Neo would say.He would look around to make sure no one was looking,and waited to follow you
Vee (played by Alien_Princess)

Kae picked up the holodisc and helped reattach the sash around Vee with the device planted on their back. Vee was looking at the captain and once equipped, Kae wrapped their arms around Vees waist and pulled themselves around beside them, still with an arm around their back and another on their belly.

They gleefully listened at the offer of water, and smiles quickly grew on their faces as they realized these strange shiny people were turning out to be rather friendly.

The idea the shard had no owner was a little concerning, but neither had much time to consider it before the captain halted his words, tone changing drastically at what it was that approached from behind. Vee and Kae turned inward towards each other still clasped together physically as they looked back to see what it was. They froze in fear.

This thing emitting from the forests mouth was nothing they had ever seen, and looked more like the alien horrors they nearly anticipated the barelands to throw at them. There was no way that lived the forest with them, at least they certainly hoped not.

"Not know," Vee's shakey and terrified voice came. Kae glanced over and saw an opening in the wall set further afield, and instinctively began pulling their friend in the direction of the entrance.

"We go! Fast!" Kae yelled yanking on Vee, who required no encouragement of any kind. As short as the 5 ft tall Vynym both were, the experience of running through the rainforest made them rather quick on their feet in the barelands, while still seeming a bit odd. As they sprinted into the opening, each of their vae, while remaining in their pods, buzzed loudly in fear, flapping their wings hard and making audible noises as they themselves dashed away from whatever that obviously plant eating glob was.

They blasted quickly into the opening, Vee still gripping the shard in one hand tightly as they did. They had no idea what was inside the gate, not being familiar with how the locals setup their towns, but whatever was on the other side of it had to be better than what was on the outside right now.
Medieval Characters (played by MangoNekros)

"Hey, you" he pointed at Neo with his sword "Have I seen you before?"

"maybe, maybe not",Neo shrugged.Neo is wander,so it isn't real a surprise that some people would know him.
Misc other (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

"Then you run while we fight! Carry your message further! There's a map on the table of the main building! Get it and go!" The captain orders as he draws his saber.

There's a bizarre call from outside, almost certainly from the aberation. The sound doesn't seem natural in any way, but is clearly a word. The sound isn't excessively loud or high pitched, but somehow it hurts, a throbbing cry of unambiguous hunger that scratches at the mind like the scraping of teeth.

There's a twang of bowstrings, a thump of crossbows, sounds of glass breaking, and screams. As the Vynym get to the far side of the fairly open center of the outpost, a thud can be heard as the amorphous aberation slams against the pallisade.

All of the soldiers who were not on guard are desperately strapping on their armour and grabbing their weapons, but most of them seem to be considering running as well.

(I'm referencing the rp you never responded to kysh-..... dude)

"You look familiar.." he readied his sword. "Didn't we fight somewhere before?"

"Yeah,we did.In a village full of demons"

"Indeed, we did a mediocre job, in fact. I have yet to repay you for your services" he held out a bag of coins that he then dropped, spilling the coins everywhere. He then walked off, with the young Spartan behind him
"Well that was rude. He could've helped pick up the coin he dropped." She helped pick up the coin and wrap it back into the bag. "Well my place it is. We can walk or I can fly us there, however it's up to you." She begins walking outside the town and into the woods. Once out of sight she transforms into her more demon form. Her horns and wings spring out as her fangs grow in. She hands him his food incase he wants to eat on the go. After some time they make it to the abandoned light house house and she enters. "This isn't much but come on in." She sets her food on the table motions him to sit. "Please make yourself at home. Oh and be careful. Some things in here are... well not meant to be messed with." She warns.

He saw a glimpse of her turning into a demon and growled. He hated demons. He was destined to kill her at any means. He followed them all the way there and he was hiding behind trees
Victi Aurora Silverfur wrote:
She seems genuinely confused for a moment, and then smirks at him, "You'd have more luck with that in your other form. And no. Don't.... don't try that, though petting and brushing are negotiable... No, what I mean is that, while cold, sharp steel is nice, it's better with a magically honed edge and on fire.

With a chuckle Drake pushes himself off the wall and saunters to the center of the room, casting Victi a smirk. "Shame, we are in a private room, after all."

He folds his arms together and pretends to more carefully consider her actual offer with furrowed brows and a long, low hum while his last comment sinks in.
Victi Aurora Silverfur (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

Nothing happens for a moment, but then her eyes widen, her pupils shrink, and she's quickly sitting up and holding her muzzle in her hands looking absurdly embarrassed. If she could blush, her face would be bright red, but that not being something her kind does, it's up to Drake to imagine it.

She thinks back, moment by moment, shame building as she realizes the suggestive wording, actions, and behavior from the last several minutes all at once.

"Everyone in this building thinks I'm a whore," she concludes at last, voice carrying the tone of someone who just messed up real bad, still coming to terms with it, "I can't even really blame you for it either. Oh for...."
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon)

Adriannu wrote:
Upon hearing Raven's reply, Adriannu quickly answered back with. "Wow, a talking cat and ok Raven, no more kitty." The fact that child so readily agreed to call her by her name likely helped to soothe the feline's ruffled fur. After staring at the black cat for a little longer in wonder, the catlike child went back to work cooking the pheasant. While cooking, she asked Raven a few questions showing that she had a curious nature. "May I ask how you can talk Raven? I never met a cat who could talk before or any animal for that matter. Have you met other talking animals?"

The child then seemed to hesitate before asking a more solemn question. "Is there a way to tell a cat that can talk from one that can't? It'd be nice to have someone to talk to again. I couldn't ask you to stay since I'm sure you have places to go and people to meet. However maybe there is another cat out there who is lonely and would be willing to be my companion."

During their talk, Raven was free to look Adriannu over for her shard, but wouldn't see a clay shard on her anywhere, though she did get an odd look from the girl because of the way she had been staring. Not too long after, the pheasant finished roasting and the cat child started blowing on it to cool it. Once it was cool enough to touch, she tore off a small strip of breast meat before offering it to Raven. "Want some?" Assuming she did, the child would set it down for her to eat before starting to eat herself.

Raven flops over to lay on her side, setting the pheasant's head between her paws. As the child fires question after question, she cheerfully answers them. The cat is more than happy to talk about herself.

"I don't know for sure; I think I'm magic."

"I have a few times, but we're not that common.”

The third one gives her paws. As far as she usually explains, no. It's impossible to tell a normal cat from an enchanted one until they open their mouths. Raven likes it when people believe that; it prevents them from looking for the signs of a familiar enchantment.

But she’s grown fond of this girl, so she tells her the truth. "At least not by first impressions, but if you ever meet an animal who's acting a little too smart, try looking them in the eyes." She widens hers. At a glance, there’s nothing truly magical about them, but they hold a spark of intelligence one would never see in a normal animal. "The eyes are windows to the soul, so they say."

Raven graciously accepts her offering of meat. That means she hooks it from the girl's hand with a couple of sharp claws and tosses it into her gaping maw without a word of thanks. Tear, chew, swallow, and repeat until the snack is long gone.

Satisfied, she licks her lips and yawns, about as comfortable as she'd be with Lisa. Oh, right.

She talks with a low purr, gazing at Adriannu with half-closed eyes. "If it's companionship you're looking for, you can have it." She pulls a cheshire-cat grin. "I think you could really use some right now, for more reasons than you let on."
"Wait, you really haven't been- my gods!" Drake doubles over in laughter. While Victi buries her face and sits hunch-backed, stewing in her own embarrassment, he struggles to keep his feet under him as his sides start to cramp.

It takes maybe one uncomfortable (for Victi, at least) minute for him to settle down. When he looks up, he wipes away tears. "Hah! Ha-hah, heh...oh, my gods. That was good."

He comes to her side and plops onto the bed, crosses one leg over his knee and leans over to try meeting her eyes. "So, you were talking about flaming swords, O-Great and Terrible Sorceress?"
Charlotte Evergrande (played by Lumaslily)

After Charlotte and Yuna's little dance number they stood side by side to give a quick bow before beginning Yuna's magic act. The audience continued to cheer and applaud at the girl's stellar performance.

People began throwing their drinks into the air, whistling and throwing money onto the stage causing Charlotte to step back so she wouldn't get hit with gold. Yuna quickly picked up the extra change while thanking the audience for their generosity.

Charlotte instinctively lowered her head as she waited for her friend to give the ok to leave the stage before she got pelted with more money.

"Hey, maybe you can give me a private dance, sweetings!" A patron called from back making Charlotte's face turn completely red.

Yuna quickly stopped grabbing the money to respond to the patron's lewd request, "sorry but we do not provide that kind of services." Yuna gave the audience a stern look to let them know the girls were not that kind of entertainers.

The air got a little tense for a moment but Yuna put on her usual smile to lift the mood. "Besides, she is not the only one who can entrance an audience!" Yuna walked in front of Charlotte and pulled out a wand the illuminated a blue glow from the tip. She turned to look at Charlotte and jerked her head to the stairs of the stairs giving her the signal to leave.

Charlotte grabbed her cloak from the floor, folded into a ball and scurried off the stage while the crowd was focused on Yuna's next act.

Dancing in front of people was embarrassing but it was worse when they started making strange requests afterward. Charlotte has met many lustful patrons during her travels but she still hasn't gotten used their comments.

Charlotte walked over to what she thought was her room, she had her mind set on packing her belongings so she could finally leave this filthy in.

However, no matter how many times she pulled on the doorknob it wouldn't budge. Charlotte came to the realization that Yuna must have locked the door so their belongings wouldn't be stolen.

Charlotte let out a disappointed sigh and squatted in front of the door. Hopefully, Yuna's act would be over soon.
Victi Aurora Silverfur (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

Charlotte would actually find the door to be completely sealed an unopenable, as if cemented shut, which is itself suspicious. If she has any way of sensing magic, there is an impressive spellform running through the walls of that room. ((Mentioned very shortly after they got into the room))

"You mean the one I should drive through your abdomen?" she replies to Drake, hopefully not seriously, though the eyes that meet his aren't the most reassuring, "Yeah, I can do various echantm-- you just used that as another innuendo, didn't you?"

She glares for a moment.... before he feels a tug on the cord around his neck, Victi's hand having moved freakishly quickly to bring the shard into more full view. She let out a mischievous giggle as she stared at it, a hum of magic filling the room as her large fluffy tails wave weirdly behind her. It almost seems like she's looking through the shard more than at it....

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus