Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Honestly I'm just asking relevant questions that will be important for all players.

For example, if Victi is a sorceress then by the definitions provided there will not be a way for other characters to detect if she has any shards on her.
Avitrathephoenix Topic Starter

They could, but it they would have to be explicitly looking for them, and likely only using resonant magical senses (versus sense-analogous senses) or active magical detection. And no, it wouldn't be easy.

On the other hand, she's also a smug, cocky b**ch and will probably wear them openly so that she can smug at people that she's gotten them. Hubris, thy name is sorceress

The useful questions are appreciated, by the way. I know I've overlooked some things, and hopefully it will also encourage other people to ask questions, too. ^v^
Lumaslily

Sup. I'm leaving the rp it was nice playing with you all.

OKAY! so, a person left, probably partially because the game is getting very off track, and Vee and Kae's player is (if I understood the emotions in their DM to me correctly) getting a bit bored, miffed, and disinterested for the same reason.

I intend to change that.

I don't want to railroad people, but I am going to have to start nudging. While character interaction is great, y'all need to start figuring out what to do about the situation your characters are faced with. Right now you're all kinda just waiting to be ganked.

Don't get me wrong, character interaction is great to see, but we also need plot progression. And I don't mean a "who's the biggest edgelord with demon related issues" contest, though at least Victi herself should be re-adjusting those priorities soon enough, or the beating around the bush suspecting that the other person is the main vilain thing that another two are doing. I think you two are almost done with that though, but, like.... in the next 2-3 passes at most, please.

I really don't like having to do this, but we're horribly off track.
Alright
Hi guys. Dazzle the too-quiet co-mod here. Avi's got a solid point. We're gonna try to get the main plot rolling fast enough so none of our side stories, however fun they are, will be able to dodge it.

I suspect that one of the reasons the plot's threatening to fall apart is that a lot of us, including myself, have characters off doing their own thing for whom the shard is not forefront in their mind, despite how big of a deal the dire warning every character received should be.

Avitra's already kind of hit that nail in the head, but I want to drive it in so it sticks. I've got an idea. I'm probably going to sound like some doddly mother or a lame excuse for an inspirational speaker when I say it, but here goes.

We should really consider talking to each other.

I've seen it here and there; Vol and Katia asking questions, Dante and Mango planning some interesting (if misplaced) meta things between their characters...you know, friendly OOC interactions. Now I don't know about you guys, but driving a roleplay plot becomes a lot easier when everyone is comfortable talking to each other out-of-character, so I kind of want to see us talk more here. Let's use that "launch chat" button on top of the thread to open a live chatroom and hang out once in a while. When we get friendly with one another, we'll be more open to collectively scheming and coordinating interactions that drive the plot rather than distract from it.

I'm aware this isn't something anyone can force, but it won't kill us to try.

I'll be hitting that button myself and hanging around while I make my IC posts, if anyone wants to join me, just come over and tell me about your day so far.
I'm all for it and you both know you have my support. I'll be able to hang around a while here also. I can make a post today but I was edging on waiting for something to run into before continuing the solo monologue style rp I've been doing (with some support from avi of course)
Since we have a new slot open, maybe we can find a player to send your direction, but that is a bit of a long shot at this point in the gameplay.

On the other hand, if Avitra's willing to retcon something she said about 8 of 9 shards being in 100 kilometers, I'm happy to edge two of characters in your directions. Again, one more problem: both of them are also involved with other players. We'd also need their consent to try that. :/

Right, I need to go set everything to open, huh? '^v^ Gimme a bit.
Time for the world to end by Victi's hand then XD I am awaiting orbital bombardment :D
Can the orbital bombardment wait until like...mid-July? I have part 2 of 3Below: Tales of Arcadia coming up.
Depends....if it hits 98 degrees before then I'm calling the mothership and requesting orbital bombardment

Nah, the closest she could get would be a Helio-Lance.

...... I mean what?

But in general, she's not the sorceress who can devastate an army or a world. She's more the one who can take them down. She's a duelist more than anything.

I know that's not what you were getting at, but it got said. (shrugs)
I will ask they start with my location even
Oh I mean the magistrate.....hes on a ship right? He could do it....

Let's not call in in the 'Storm, please. That's my ship, and I have things to do. '^v^

Oh, yeah, he could
Just challenge her to a dual, then. You'll lose. The rest of the planet will be fine. You'll escape the summer heat at long last and leave me free to enjoy my cartoons. :3
Look how dazz casually allows my execution in light of watching Nickelodeon 😂😂😂😂

This is what I probably have to look forward to for fatherhood right?

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus