Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » How Odd. How Odd indeed. (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Stop. Take a breath. Look. Listen.

...Isn't that Odd..?

A forest with its creaking trees that sway and dance. An abandoned cabin with an open door. An old ruin overgrown with vines. A bizarre market that you have never seen before until now.

Odd don't you think? Have you ever looked beyond the twisting branches and rustling leaves? To take a second to stop and squint your eyes, to see what lies beneath the shadows behind that very door? To try to see the other creatures lurking amongst the foliage and the thickets, sneaking behind the weathered brickwork? Perhaps to try to look into another hidden world that you have never noticed until now?

What would you think if I told you there was a world hidden from prying eyes and mindless minds? What would happen if a door to this world was opened to you? Yes you.

Would you be scared, would your heart erratically beat within your chest, near to bursting? Or will you stride forward and take the opportunity to explore a place where the adventures are grand and the creatures are greater?

I am but a humble artist and writer, and I am seeking for a new, 1 to 1, roleplaying partner to have a chance to explore a world of my own creation - known as Nowhere. A place where many creatures, beasts and beings from many different realms and fantasies take refuge, a safe haven if you will. Away from the dangers of wars or the toils of mankind, or plauges and troubles just for a short break. A place where adventures begin and also end with strong friendships and close alliances.

At the moment I have a few main ideas to start off with my OC, Drake Madalias Montshrine. A Travelling Blacksmith with a few Odd aspects here and there. Below I have listed the few ideas I have, indeed they are a bit sketchy, still in the works, but I'm new to this site and I am willing to start some fresh roleplays. But please read the ideas below before moving on! Thank you~:

1) Drake runs into some unfortunate trouble with some crazed beast from The Shadowed Forests. He is left weak and is in need of some assistance to get back on his feet. Will he be able to gain the attention of a wandering soul, before he passes out once again? Or shall he be left to the unforgiving threats from The Shadows Forest? Or shall they both have to fight off the creatures of evil and flee to a place of safety?

2) Drake, as a Travelling Blacksmith, covers a lot of land before he rests and sets up his shop, opening for trade. The lands he covers and the places he walks through all pose different experiences. Perhaps one day he wonders upon a lost soul in need of some aid to find their way again? Will they find their path again, or will they want to stay with Drake for a while longer? Prehaps a new alliance, or better yet a friendship, shall bloom?

3) Drake from time to time visits cities brimming with many creatures and beasts from many backgrounds and lands from a far and wide. Indeed it is all for a good business, trading precious metals and fixing what is broken for eager customers. But what comes with a bursting city, are many pickpockets and thieves. Perhaps a satchel full of fresh foods, or even precious metals at the edge of this Balcksmith's stall catches the eyes of a sly passing thief or two? Will the thief succeed in snatching some precious golds and silvers for themselves? Or Will they soon find themselves locked in a intense chase through the crowded markets, away from a tempered giant.

These are the main ideas I have for now!
BUT. If you still wish to have a go at roleplaying or finding a new partner to bounce ideas off of for either other roleplays or even worlds, I will be more than happy to listen and help out and discuss ideas!

If you have any queries or questions about starting a role play with me, with an idea of your own or one of the ideas I have suggested, please don't hesitate to come and ask me! Trust me. I don't bite!

Also! Before you go, there should be a shared link of an image of said Drake Montshrine down below (if you would like to see how he looks overall!).
If you have gotten this far, thank you very very much for reading through my proposals! As for now, I wish you a good and prosperous day!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qNazdVtkKwni3WTS6
Magic 90%
Magic is very common. Magic-tech, grand floating islands, forests that sing, magical creatures may be an every-day occurrence.
Technology 20%
Iron age
Combat 20%
A peaceful setting, but with a chance for small fights and struggles to break out on a very small scale.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

Interesting. Would any of my characters work for this?
I've love to do one of these plots with you if you think any of my girls might fit well enough with your character!
Relatively new to this site, ok very new to this site, but not to role-play in general. I absolutely love playing rogue/thief characters and thing your third prompt would be a lot of fun. I have a curious elf that mostly steals books and anything she finds interesting. A con artist gnome who worships a goddess of lies and is on the run from trouble in her home town. An urchin who is just desperately trying to survive and maybe even get off the streets, whilst looking for any information she can find on her parents along the way. I enjoy character creation in general and would love to come up with one to fit the world of Nowhere if you could tell me some more about it. :-)
I love the way you have lured me in with this set up you have created. If you are still looking, perhaps we can write a story together in this world you have created? Please feel free to let me know of any of characters could work! Thanks!

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » How Odd. How Odd indeed. (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus