Skip to main content

Forums » Help » My forum topics being closed without any warning

I'm having an issue with my topics in LFRP.

I'll be waiting for someone to reply with interest. Decide not to bump after a week since it's generally technically looked down on.

So I went a while where I abided by the 'rules' and didn't bump anything.

Problem:

When I went to look a my posts and see if maybe I should change something because no one has expressed interest in the last week or two, I see

'This topic is no longer showing in the RP finder/LFRP.'

Umm!!??

THAT'S why I haven't been getting anyone messaging me with interest because they aren't seeing it! Lmao Even though I never closed it. Its being closed automatically.

This left me to go back to bumping my posts and being paranoid. Sometimes even with posts certain I checked and are still showing, I'll go and look and see they in fact aren't.

There's no blatant warning, notice, or message of any kind when a post is about to be marked closed automatically. Which means my post might be not showing up for a week or two, therefore getting no interest, but I have no idea until I go look and see the little thing at the bottom saying it's not showing anymore.

Is there something I can do or am I just gonna have to keep bumping my own post frequently to avoid be taken by surprise?

It seems really backwards that the rules are technically you're not supposed to bump your own posts, but the system will close your post and not show them to anyone if there's no activity. On top of that you get no notification that it's happening . It's stressing me out just a little 😂
Rogue-Scribe

I don’t think the topic itself is closed (unless there is no reply button), but is no longer showing on the RP finder list under the ‘Community’ tab. I think it features new LFRP threads? I could be way off base here ...
MercyInReach Topic Starter

Dunedain-Ranger wrote:
I don’t think the topic itself is closed (unless there is no reply button), but is no longer showing on the RP finder list under the ‘Community’ tab. I think it features new LFRP threads? I could be way off base here ...

Yeah not quite unfortunately.

People can still reply to closed threads, closed threads just don't show up anywhere in searches and in the rp finder ect.

The system automatically closes aka stops showing forum threads that are inactive for a certain amount of time - but there's no notification of this or anything.
Kim Site Admin

The Find RP search tool attempts to connect people with RPs that the OP has interacted with in the last 10-12 days. Any longer than that and generally, it's safe to assume it's not an "immediate" open ad any longer.

However -- you don't have to post something to bump your posts to extend this time period. On that very notice 'This topic is no longer showing in the RP finder/LFRP.' there should also be a "renew" button. This button appears after about 5 days - every time you click it, your RP ad is extended out to another full 10 days.

Of course, you replying to someone else in the topic has the same effect. :)
MercyInReach Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
The Find RP search tool attempts to connect people with RPs that the OP has interacted with in the last 10-12 days. Any longer than that and generally, it's safe to assume it's not an "immediate" open ad any longer.

However -- you don't have to post something to bump your posts to extend this time period. On that very notice 'This topic is no longer showing in the RP finder/LFRP.' there should also be a "renew" button. This button appears after about 5 days - every time you click it, your RP ad is extended out to another full 10 days.

Of course, you replying to someone else in the topic has the same effect. :)

Thank you, I have noticed the button, but it's usually not until over a week since my topics have been closed so I was hoping there was some other way besides needing to remember to check sooner.

You are on: Forums » Help » My forum topics being closed without any warning

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus