Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » A Failure At Thieving

SJO (played by nightmqre) Topic Starter

She looked up at him, her ears, as if right on cue, twitched and moved again. She shrugged, before putting a bit more food in her mouth. She chewed it and then swallowed before she spoke again. "Sometimes its conscious. Other times its triggered by emotions. And then sometimes it's just random."

She ate another bit before she set down her fork and shifted in her seat to explain it a little more. "Like if I'm happy, my tail moves around a lot, and my ears perk up," on cue her ears perked up, her clearly making them do so. "And if I'm sad, or shy, my tail coils around my left leg and my ears do this." She made her ears flatten, also almost disappearing beneath her thick hair.

She then looked up at him before shaking her head. "I can do my own..."
Dealt (played by Dharlas)

Dealt watched her reactions and took mental notes of it. "Alright well that is good to know. It is really interesting to see such a diverse range of cues from a person. Whether intentional or not it will help you keep honest, which is a rather strange notion for a thief!" He chuckled slightly.

He shook his head at her answer. "No no, tonight you are a guest. So it is the least I can do for you!" He gave her a warm smile. "There is no real rush. But we can discuss some of your employment here if you like in the interim. If that is fine for you. But if you are done we can always do that tomorrow."

She smiled a little nervously as she turned back to her food and shrugged, beginning to prod at it again for no apparent reason. "It's why I usually tend to cover my ears and keep my tail around my leg."

She sighed a little at his insistence as she knew she probably wouldn't win. She nodded a little before shrugging once again. "We can. I don't really mind."

Dealt smiled. "I see, well they are interesting features you don't need to hide them here. They are just who you are." He watched her poke at her food, her sigh seemed to betray her actions more than anything.

"I think it's something best left until tomorrow, please focus on your meal." He would sit in silence while he awaited her to finish eating.

She nodded a little before she put another piece in her mouth. She hated silence, but she didn't say anything. She figured the silence was worth not having anymore awkward conversations. Or at least they were extremely awkward for her.

She continued to eat slowly, trying to be a little quicker every so often so she could finish earlier. Eventually she managed to finish the food before her after making sure she wasn't going to puke from the little food she was so used to.

Dealt smirked when she finally finished. Standing up he gathered their dishes but couldnt retrieve her cup. So he snapped his finger and it followed up beside him hovering through the air. Giving SJ a look over his shoulder he said. "Come I will show you the kitchen."

He stepped through the swinging doors to the kitchen. The sink still had water in it which was cold. He put the dishes in and the cup dropped into the water. "Ew it's cold..." he was displeased but he began washing them up and placing them alongside the other dishes once finished.

Drying his hands he smiled to her. "That's all there is to it. Now onto the rest of the wing." He would guide her towards the hallway. "Down this wing you will find rooms for leisure. Reading, some games if you enjoy that. There is however my study. Which is off limits unless you have my permission."

His tone was a bit serious. "I don't mind anyone going anywhere. Even my bedroom is fine. But the study is my sanctuary. It's one of my few requests." With that he smiled to her. "Would you like to see it?"

Sarah giggled at his small comment of his displeasure. She made sure it was quiet so there was a chance that she wouldn't be heard. She then watched him quietly. Due to doing a lot of chores in the orphanage when she was younger, she knew howhat to already.

She then nodded at his request as he explained to her. "Okay." She understood his request and was going to make sure that she respected it.

She then looked up at him and nodded at his question. She figured this was probably going to be the only time she got permission so she was going to take her chance.

Dealt smirked at her giggle, it was nice to see an honest reaction from her. But he tried to make sure she didnt see it.

When she agreed to see it he walked her to the door. It was at the end of the wing behind these ornately designed doors that seemed out of place for the rest of the manor. The doors were big and heavy looking but he opened them with ease.

Inside there was a large desk, with a big cushioned chair behind it. A fireplace to the side with another chair facing it. On the opposite wall a large bookshelf filled more with scrolls than books. There were chairs along the wall and a small table that could easily be brought out for guests. Behind the desk a massive bay window facing some of the gardens. Large curtains bound to the sides in case he wanted privacy. There was also a liquor cabinet in the one corner. Filled with bottles from far off lands, and times. Ornate glasses stored within as well. Oddly enough, it seemed the least used object in the room. A good layer of dust could be seen on it.

The strangest detail however is the room in spite of the lit fire, smelt like the sea. Dealt bade her entry and smiled. "This is my home from home. It is where I work and conduct my business in this land. Among other things.." he let the last sentence trail off. There were secrets here he didnt share with many.

She stared at his room much like she had when she had first seen inside of the Manor. She wasn't used to anything like anything she had witnessed so far and it amazed her, to be honest and simple.

She listened to him and gave a slight not. She caught onto his last sentence, and a million questions immediately filled her small head. However, she in general was not a nosy person and did not following snooping all too often. So she didn't bring the subject of what he meant up, and she didn't ask any questions. She wasn't sure whether her curiosity was showing though.

Dealt looked at her amazement and smiled at her. "I do a lot of work, a lot of business with people which allows me to own the land I do. I like to keep records and other information that some are not privy to. But if there is something you are curious about, please feel free to ask. I value honesty. I trusted you enough to allow you to come here. I want to make you feel at ease."

He placed a hand on her head and gave her a quick stroke. It was hard to not play with her ears he found them fascinating. "But other than this room there is no where you can't go, as long as you tend to your duties in the day. Feel free to roam. Everyone here works not because they have to. They want to. I end up leaving for periods of time so it is more their home than my own some days!" He chuckled slightly. "One time I came back from a trip and had found Susan had been using my bedroom the whole time! But it didn't matter to me. As long as everyone is safe and happy, this place remains their home."

She nodded as she looked around at the room. She buried her curiosity deep down because judging from the way he spoke before she didn't think he really wanted to elaborate.

When he pet her her ears twitched, her tail tensing slightly as it wrapped around her waist. She could feel a soft purr sitting in her throat as she held it back from escaping. However, she unfortunately failed at this attempt and the purr became audible. She nodded again as she listened quietly to him speak with a large blush on her face at the embarrassing noise she had let escape from her throat. .

Dealt stopped for just a moment when he heard a noise he didn't expect to hear. He tried to ignore it but he knew he couldn't and he looked down at SJ. "SJ… did you just purr?" He didn't really need an answer as he saw the blush across her face. He just continued to pet her from that point. "I guess from the way your tail and face are, I have my answer!" He just chuckled slightly.

He looked out the window at the color of the sky. Removing his hand he guided her from the room. "It is getting late however. Tomorrow will be a big day! Let me show you to the rooms." He would lead her back to the lobby and up the stairs. "Unlike most places the entire upstairs has been designed to be used as bedrooms. In the same manner as the first floor. In this direction my room is found at the end above my study, but nearly every room is a bedroom for staff." He wandered for a second.

"I think you are close to my room actually..." He motioned for her to follow and her room was in fact three doors down from his own. There was a crude sign saying SJ on the door. Upon opening the door, it was a bare room with only a bed and a upright dresser. Her work uniform was hung off the side of the dresser, and her clothes were folded on her bed. "I am sorry it isn't much SJ, but you are welcome to furnish it however you like once you have things to furnish it with!" He smiled down at her and gave her a final pet. "I am going to turn in however, my door is just there, and Susan is right next door to me if you need. Do not hesitate if you need! Sleep well SJ!" He removed his hand wandered through to his bedroom.

Her face went a bright red at the fact that he had heard it and she looked away in embarrassment. Her ears twitched as he continued to pet her however, and she tried her best to stop her tail from moving about. God, why did he have to hear that?...

She followed quietly as she continued to listen to him as he spoke and explained to her. When they arrived at her room she looked at the door before he opened it. Her eyes lit up at just the sight of a simple bed. She didn't need big and fancy, and thathe was evident due to all of her choices as of such. But just having a bed instead of sleeping on the floor....that alone was enough.

She shook her head a little as she smiled politely. "It's perfectly fine." She nodded as he left before quietly shutting the door and letting out a small sigh. Nothing bad had happened as of yet but she still refused to keep her guard down. She eventually just flopped onto the bed and let her body sink into the mattress.

Dealt climbed into his bed after undressing and slept through the night easily. He usually slept in later than the staff and was common for him to miss breakfast. So instead SJ would be woken by Susan, bright and early at the start of the day. Barging in regardless of SJ's dress Susan was already in full swing for the day. "Good morning SJ! Welcome to your first day. We start early for Master, and Master lets us end early."

She went and began taking down SJ's work attire for her and laying it out. "Now I can help you change if you like, or if you are able to handle it on your own." If she was requested to leave she would step outside and close the door behind her. Waiting for SJ to finish her dressing.

She grunted as Susan came in. The bed for her was too comfy to leave and she didn't want to. It just seemed like too much effort after such a good rest....

She politely asked Susan to leave as she changed. She got changed intl the outfit and sighed as she looked down at herself. Her tail coiled around her leg as she felt her face going ed just in embarrassment. Of wearing it.

Susan obeyed and waited for SJ to emerge from the room. Eyeing her up she smiled at her. "Alright so now that you are finally ready for the day, it is time for the daily schedule! First is breakfast." She motioned towards the lobby. "We all eat first thing in the day, usually its porridge, some days its eggs and bacon. But its never anything huge. The bigger meals are lunch and supper."

She walked with SJ, dragging her if need be, to the dining room and kitchen. "Meals are selected by the kitchen staff, they are usually awake a bit earlier to make food for everyone, so please be kind. I think one of them used to be a poisoner. I don't know why Master kept them but no one has died... yet." She gave a devilish little laugh. She was remarkably perky for this early in the day, but Dealt did say she was the best.

Showing SJ where to get her bowl and utensils. "Master allows us access to his seasonings as well. There is this maple powder which I enjoy that he purchased from a far off land. There is also milk if you like and some cinnamon." Susan grabbed the powder and sprinkled just a little bit into her porridge and waited on SJ. "We can talk more after we eat!"

She listened to Susan carefully while also constantly adjusting the outfit. She wasn't really uncomfortable, she just wadon't used to wearing such attire. Her tail coiled around her waist as she was a bit hesitant to follow, which resulted in Susan dragging her along.

She couldn't seem to understand how she was so awake, but that just could be because she was sleeping comfortably for the first time in what she assumed to be at least six years and probably more. She didn't want to get up in fear that the bed might disappear.

She grabbed her food, not bothering to put anything on it.

Susan sat alongside SJ and ate her breakfast gleefully. A bit surprised that she hadn't put anything into her food but just shrugged it off. Between bites she would speak to SJ about her upcoming duties. "So since it is your first day you will be with me throughout the entirety of it all. I will show you the ropes so you can eventually be on your own during the day. We work on our chores for about twelve hours or so, including break times and meals."

She finished her food fairly quickly, then again she was the best there, so she had to make sure she was leading the charge on work. "Generally it's not much more than cleaning and organizing, making the beds for Master, and that is really it. Just making sure that everything is in place and clean. It is really easy and if we are caught up with our work the days go even easier!" She spoke passionately, she loved her life serving Dealt, it gave her purpose.

She would wait semi-impatiently for SJ to finish eating, reminding her that there isn't much time and to not take too long, they did have work to do after all!

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » A Failure At Thieving

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus