Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Adopting a witch (1x1)

Alex had just moved again, but this time he was in an orphanage instead of a foster home. He was in his room, unpacking his things and getting settled in the new place. He hadn't had a chance to meet the other orphans or even look around the place, he was already planning on what he was going to introduce himself and when he would walk around the area to get an idea of the path ways. During all this, he hadn't noticed the letters form his friend in his hometown had fallen out. He really needed to send another one out or she'll worry, like always. He picked up the letters and set them down on the nightstand by his bed.
There was changes going on around The Elysium, most noteworthy being Bliss' youngest ward would be returning for good. Adrien had finally grown tired of boarding school and had asked to return to The Elysium. With everything that had happened over the couple of years Bliss felt it would be a good idea for Adrien to have a companion, another boy. Thankful for the early sunset provided by winters cold hands, the pink vampire rose from her slumber and made ready for the tedious task of dealing with mortals. Bliss made sure to feed enough that she looked almost mortal, and dressed in a business like attire of back pant suit with a blue shirt.

There were a few orphanages in town, and she would prowl them all until she found a boy who would adjust well to the particular environment that surrounded her home. Once she parked her car the pink haired vampire entered the orpahange and fast her crystalline eyes around looking for the person in charge.

(Ooc:do you want to do the NPC? If not I can edit this :3 and do it. Let me know.)
Daimonas Blackwell (played by KuroSakuranbo14) Topic Starter

((Not at all. :3 ))

It wasn't long before one of the ladies in charge came up to the pink haired woman with a plastic smile. "Can I help you miss?" She asked as the other orphans began to wake up and saw the woman, hope in their eyes that one of them would be adopted.

Alex finished packing, he decided to go outside in the garden. He noticed the woman but he really didn't care much if he got adopted , he would be more happy if one of the other kids git adopted because they have been waiting longer.
While she waited the vampire's sensitive nose caught a wiff of something slightly out of place here in the orphanage. She smelled a witch, perhaps her search would be easier than she had initially anticipated. When approached by the plastic like woman Bliss set her eyes upon the woman, and she smiled however, not broad enough for the woman to catch a glimpse of her unusually long canines.

"Good evening, my name is Bliss Joy." The vampire's voice was smooth as silk, already she was applying some if her presence ability to aid in winning the woman's trust, "I am looking to adopt a boy between the ages of 12 and 17. My adopted son is returning home from school, and as his sister has moved our home is lonely. So I thought we could welcome someone else to the family." The vampire jumped right into her specifications.

Alex soon found a tree to sit back on. He felt some strange energy from her but he pushed it aside, looking up at the sky.

The woman nodded and looked through the files. "We only have three boys around those ages. The oldest would be our newest one, Alex Jones." One of the orphans walked by and over heard Alex's name. "He's out in the garden right now. If you need him, he is under the large oak tree."
When another child provided information on Alex's whereabouts Bliss walked towards the garden, "I will start with him then." She told the woman before strolling out into the garden. Immediately she found him, however for a moment she hung back observing him. Could the blond haired boy be the witch she had caught scent of earlier?

After observing for a moment, Bliss approached the boy. "Hi, my name is Bliss." Her voice held a friendly tone, then she would sit down in the ground as well. "How are you this fine evening?" She smiled to him as she asked but once again no teeth were shown with the smile, she didn't want to alarm him.

Alex looked up at the woman and smiled at her. "Hello. I'm Alex, Miss Bliss. I'm fine, just getting use to this new orphanage." He said as he sat up. "Would you like to sit with me?" He had kind green eyes with a friendly smile. For a witch, he was very kind and nice.
His reply made her genuinely smile, there was a quick flash of teeth, he had used one of her more common nicknames when her addressed her. "Sure I'll sit with you Alex." The vampire paused a moment, she was at a loss for words. When Ingrid and Adrien came into her care their mother had passed away, she had never gone through the tedious methods used by orphanages.

"So you have only just begun to settle in. How old are you Alex? My eldest child has left home, but my won will be returning from school to live and learn at home...and the house feels so empty...." The pink haired vampire trailed off with a sigh, realizing she was rambling.

Alex realized what she must be thinking with this being the first time being placed in an orphanage. "I'm 15, but I have been in foster homes since I was ten." He explained. He could already tell what she was, but she seemed nice and he wouldn't harm another creature unless they tried to harm him or someone he cared about. He didn't really know what it felt like to be in a house without some other children running around, usually younger than him by a couple years.
Bliss her head as Alex spoke, "Your only a few years older than my Adrien then." Sh replied, "do you think that you would like to come have a look at my home. And if you feel that you will be happy there you will be more than welcome to stay." She paused a moment letting that sink in, "of course if you don't enjoy it I will bring you back here post haste." The vampire had a feeling that the young teen would find coming with her in his favour, alone the many other perks of becoming a ward to a wealthy vampire she also was on first name bases with a competent witch.
(We still rping?)

Edit

(Realized that sounded rude -.-' not my intent sorry)

(I'm very sorry, I have been going through a lot lately and ended up dropping quite a few rps. I need to go ahead and find them all and reply. Sorry if it isn't long, I haven't been using this character so it is kind of hard to get back into his personality. ^^;)

Alex shrugged and stood up. "Sure, why not? I don't really have anything to lose." He said with a nodded.
(My goodness I hope everything is alright. If you like we can either drop it an try again later or just pause it for the time being. I do understand I have issues with my own characters as well especially if they are not.played often.)

Edit July 8th

(Working on a post just super busy bosslady changed my schedule around)

(It is fine now. Don't worry about it. ^^ We can continue it now.)
When Alex agreed a smile came to the vampires face, "that is wonderful." She then got to her feet, dusting bit of grass from her slacks. "I shall go make the arrangements, while you gather your things." With those words Bliss strolled back inside. Her voice could be heard speaking with the plastic woman who had spoken to her before, the sounds disappeared as they entered the office.

Of course the vampire had no intention of completing the tedious paperwork and proceeding through background checks. Instead Bliss applied a healthy dose of her presence ability, and the woman completely agreed to what she was told. By the time Alex was ready Bliss was leaning against the wall next to the exit.

"Ready to blow this popsicle stand?" She asked wearing her trademark goofy grin.

Alex followed behind her back inside the orphanage and then went to his room. He start getting his things together when one of the other kids came over to him. "Alex, what are you doing?" The kid asked, he couldn't be more than ten years old.

Alex looked at the boy and smiled. "Apparently I am getting adopted. That was pretty quickly." He said as he was still packing his clothes and other valuables. The kid wasn't to happy to hear that but he tried to let it show. "That's good, Alex. I hope you have fun." He said with a fake smile.

"Don't worry, I'll try to come back when I can to see you all again." He said, ruffling the kids hair, a big friendly smile on his face. The kid smiled back at Alex and hugged the blonde. Alex hugged him back and then went back to packing.

He walked over Bliss, ready to leave. "Yes, ma'am." He said cheerfully.
"Wonderful." The vampire said before leading Alex to her car, where she opened the trunk for him to place his belongings. "As I mentioned before there was two children in my care, however Ingrid is capable of making her own decisions so that leaves Adrien." Bliss made idle chatter as she unlocked the passenger door for Alex before heading to the drivers side.

Once they were buckled up and on the road Bliss cast a glance to the teen. "I feel the need to mention that my home is hardly a conventional one. Of course all of your needs will be met, but it is far from mundane."

Alex listened to her talk as he put his things in the trunk, nodding occasionally. He did respond to her sometimes, but he didn't really talk that much until someone really got to know him, to know the truth about him. He could sense that she wasn't human but he wasn't going to say anything about it unless she brought up about him being a witch, well, at least he believed he was one, he really didn't know. "How old did you say Adrien was again?" He asked as he got into the car and buckled up.
"Adrien is nearly 13, but he looks younger more often than not people assume he is 10. He is small for his age." The vampire answered Alex's question as she drove, despite not actually having a driver's permit she drove with ease. Bliss was silent for a few moments, while she fiddled with the car stereo trying to find a station which played something to her mood. "Wonderful." She murmured finding a classic rock station which happened to be playing The Beatles.

"Would you like to play 20 questions?" She glanced to Alex, she wanted to find out more about him however didn't wish to seem nosey.

"I see." Alex use to look younger than he was, but once he hit fourteen, he looked the right age. He was short for his age though, had to rely on his facial features for help. His bright green eyes would lead anyone off his age, they seemed so sweet and innocent, like he had never watched his parents burn in that dreadful house fire. His facial features made him look like any other teenager though.

He nodded. "Sure." He assumed that she would want to know more about him.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Adopting a witch (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus