Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Shine Bright (1x1)

Iphis (played by Reinage) Topic Starter

Iphis looked wide-eyed at him. "But you said-" eyebrows furrowed as she cut herself off, then nodding. She lifted the coat, scanning the contents. "Jesus, what don't you have?" She quickly spotted the empty spot, taking a moment to check her lefts and rights. She took the needle cautiously, holding it with three fingers in front of her, as if it might jump out at her and cause a whole new mess.

[First hand experience, I like it.]
Ricin (played anonymously)

(He thought it was hysterical, since I was making a noise not too dissimilar from a strangling mouse xD I still need to get him to teach me the exact placement of the fingers)

"I'm out of cottonmouth, I need to restock on that," he told her in answer to her question, pricking Clint's skin ever so gently. "You still interested in fighting, buddy? Go ahead, be my guest- just know that as soon as you so much as move, I'm gonna pump you full of this stuff, reload it, and repeat the process. It's gonna hurt a lot- hemotoxins normally do."

Iphis glowered at the needle she held, eyes darting to watch Clint. Her face eased, almost sympathetic (poor Clint never did get a chance to say anything. His fault, right?) She looked to Ricin, eyes setting into a look of almost admiration. She bowed her head back to Clint, who seemed to still be considering trying to get away, his eyes - as though silent threats with each look- darting between Iphis and Ricin.
"Maybe he knows why he's wanted," she wondered, quietly, but aloud.

"Then if you're so hot and heavy to know, maybe you can ask him yourself," Ricin said, looking up at her a moment before glancing down at Clint. "Don't wanna meet the eastern diamondback, do you? I don't blame you. I'd want to meet it in person myself." He tucked the needle away behind his ear, pulling out his original one and pricking Clint's neck with it, injecting him with some cold, clear fluid. "This one'll hurt a lot less, in fact I'd be surprised if it hurt at all. Just knock you out, that's it. Should keep you out long enough for us to get there."

Iphis watched Clint finally relieve some of those awful, tense muscles. Pretty soon the wind would have changed and his forehead would be stuck with that wrinkly, angry expression forever. She bit her lip, eyes lifting to Ricin, before gesturing to the needle he had her holding.
"Where do you even get this stuff?" She enquired, genuinely confused as to where one would get a freaking whole collection of poisons.

"Most of the more dangerous stuff, like the black mamba, I get off the black market. But things like rattlesnakes, copperheads, cottonmouths- I can just hunt them down and milk them. It's no biggie." He slipped the venom back in his jacket pocket and took the other needle from her. "You were holding an antivenin. Antivenins always have a cap on the end of the needle, remember that." He stuck the antivenin back in the jacket as well, along with the empty needle from the knockout drug.

(Isuckatthistimething)

Iphis squinted at him incredulously. "You cap the happy antivenins but not the evil, angry poisons?" Her thoughts immediately drifted to the again unconscious Clint. She shook out her hands, tense from fear of jabbing everyone all up with poison. "And with utmost nonchalance, he's out. How long will that last, now? Or will we be stopping every fifteen minutes-?" She looked up at the road, then. "Where are we going? How long will it take to get there? Do we have to stop on the way? You're not going to ditch me somewhere, are you?" Her eyes darted back to Ricin. She wondered why, as innocent as she (and many others had) considered herself, she seemed to trust him.

(Lol it's ok)

"There's a higher chance I'm going to need the 'evil angry poisons' and there's also a higher chance I won't have time to uncap them if I need them. I don't often use antivenins, so I have more time to uncap them. There's a method, trust me." He hauled Clint into the trunk again. "This one'll work for an hour 'cause I gave him a larger dose this time. We just need to go one state down and we'll be there. Can't tell you where we're going, really. Not too long, though, if we drive without stopping. And sweetheart, if I didn't want you here, you wouldn't be here right now." He turned and got back into the car. "Now c'mon."

She nodded quietly, looking back down the road they'd come. Another state? She looked forward. I should call Nai..
She considered his words carefully before getting back in the car, eyeing the rifle (how strange a weapon it seemed, now, after seeing Ricin's collection)
"So. Another state, then." She buckled in and slunk into the seat.

"Yep. Then we just hang out there till we get another gig." Once she was in he continued driving down the highway, drumming his long fingers on the steering wheel as they went. "How you doin'?"

She looked up at him and nodded, considering his words. She hadn't spent too much time away from home, especially not for indefinite amounts of time. Thoughts broke apart as he asked how she was doing.
"What?" She laughed, thinking it out of character. "Um, good. Real good." She smiled at him, raising an eyebrow. Yes- it would be good to get out of town. "How about you?"

"Just wondering. This is a lot to take in and it'd be a shame to have to whack you or something if you decided to go postal on me." He shrugged. "It's just something to take into consideration. I'm doing fine. Just another job."

She nodded, looking to her lap to consider this, too.
"I'm good," she repeated quietly, before leaning forward onto the dashwhatever, watching the road in front of them. "More worried about my dog than anything." She smiled to herself, mocking her own priorities.

"What kind of dog is it?" Ricin asked more out of smalltalk than anything, leaning back slightly in the driver's seat and letting them coast along down the highway.

She raised an eyebrow at him. "He's a pitbull," she nodded, before adding, "He's just a love, really. His name is Cookie."

"Oh. I was going to say, if it's an attack dog or something then we could bring it with us for intimidation. But I don't think a dog named Cookie would be frightening," he commented with a shrug. "Oh well."

The thought made Iphis bite her lip. Wouldn't she just love to take her pup with her..
"We could give him a nickname," she proposed. "Killer," she laughed before adding another suggestion - "Cerberus. Something handsome. Maybe after another one of your poisons.. He likes to chase," she added quietly, twiddling her thumbs.

"What color is he?" he asked, running through a list of poisons in his head. Something that likes to chase... Hmm...

Iphis raised an eyebrow. Was he really considering it?
"He's a blue nose- grey. With a white stomach. Shiny teeth?" She threw in the last for fun.

"Aspis," he suggested. "Dendroaspis polylepis is the scientific name of the black mamba, and his coloring seems to be close enough. Mambas are highly aggressive too and tend to chase after those they're pissed off with." He shrugged slightly. "Just a thought."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Shine Bright (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus