Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Shine Bright (1x1)

Iphis (played by Reinage) Topic Starter

"Aspis," she repeated, tasting the word. "It's beautiful. Perfect." She smiled dreamily, then lighting up and turning her shoulders to Ricin. "So he can come?"
Ricin (played anonymously)

"Sure, so long as he doesn't throw up in my car," Ricin told her, tilting his head in her direction. "I don't mind dogs. Sometimes they're annoying but they're not bad. Better than cats, at least. I'm allergic to those little monsters."

"He'll throw up if you poison him," she pointed out with a smile. She sat back into the seat. "You'll love him. He's-" she tried to make him sound less cuddly- "Loyal. He listens well. He knows how to play dead!" She gave him a smile. "And good in the car, I promise."

"Sweetheart," he told her softly, "there are very few things in this world that I love."
And that was that. He had kinda retreated back into that hard shell of his that he poked out from every now and then. His voice regained the hardness and icy coldness and indifference it normally held. "Where is he? If we have to turn around then we'll pick him up after we ditch Clint."

She nodded, shutting up as he quickly shut himself out again. She gave him a sympathetic look before watching the road quietly.
"Yeah, he's back at the house. We'll have to come back." She didn't mind waiting- just knowing she'd get to take him on their little adventures was exciting enough.

He nodded, taking an exit off the highway and getting onto another country road.

It took a little while, but they finally arrived at their destination. It was getting dark out and Ricin was going to be happy when this day was over and done with. He parked, got out, and cautiously went to the trunk.
"It's been more than an hour, so he's probably awake again. Probably been awake for a while too, so he's gonna be fighting like a devil if my hunch is correct. Just let me handle him, I'll teach you to wrangle them later when this gig is done with." He opened the trunk again cautiously, his muscles tensed to dodge in case Clint came at him somehow.

She popped out of the car after him, looking around wih wide eyes, trying to get her bearings. She trotted up beside him, doe-eyed, then backed off wordlessly.
As if on que, Clint threw himself out of the trunk, swearing and flailing, the glint of a knife in his hand.

He jerked back quickly, kicking at Clint's kneecaps with a long leg. "Where in the name of God did you get that? Oh, never mind, that's not important right now- but stop flailing that thing around, you're gonna poke someone's eye out. Probably your own, if I know anything at all."

Iphis rocked back on her heels with a smile- she liked being right.
"Remember when I asked if you checked if he was armed?" Probably not, she asked quite a few things.
Clint reminded her of The Thing, barely taking a hit (instead, more infuriated by it) before swinging another limb, his fist clenched almost unnaturally around the knifes handle. She wondered if he also had trouble handling small cutlery.
"Sack him!" Chanted Iphis.

"To be frankly honest, no," he confessed before diving in to take Clint down in a tackle, keeping an arm up to fend off the knife. "Although I wouldn't be surprised if this little bugger had something hidden in his boot or something- hold still, dangit!"

"I wouldn't call him little.." She said quietly, rocking on her heels. She plotted a route into the car, where she repeatedly seemed to leave the only kind of self-defense she kind of knew how to use. She watched the two men wrestle to the ground, Clint's knife falling away from reach. She leaned towards it, looking to Ricin.
"Should I-" she watched for sudden movements from Clint, who seemed too busy wrestling Ricin off.

"Go ahead," he grunted, trying to get the guy into a headlock of some sort, or at least prick him with some kind of sedative. Nothing to knock him out fully, maybe just a paralyzer or something. "Have fun."

She nodded, giving him a sideways glance as she hopped over, grabbing the knife and turning it over in her hand. She held it in front of her awkwardly. "It's not my thing, I think." She shot him a smile, then raising an eyebrow. "Um, need a hand?"
It seemed, maybe, that her words came too soon, as she watched Clint begin more to struggle.

"That'd be nice," he growled, snapping at Clint to get him to back off before bringing his legs around and sort of straddling the guy. Then he brought both feet down directly on his spine, not hard enough to break it but enough to cause some nice pain. It was a move he always used whenever he was pinned like he was now and up until now it had worked fine.
He just hoped Clint really wasn't a Thing or a Terminator or something that couldn't feel pain, because that would make his job a whole lot harder.

With a nod, Iphis hopped over. She stood in front of the two, cautiously.
"Um. How?" She timidly offered the knife, which she realized was all she could do (not knowing how to use it, or where to leave it- and frankly it just felt awkward in her hand.)
Clint groaned, in response, his body curling in what seemed to be the only major response to pain so far. Well, he wasn't made of rock after all.

He brought his forearm up to Clint's neck, smacking him in the windpipe while he was incapacitated. Using the momentum from the swing he rolled over so he was on top, using his weight to keep him somewhat pinned down as he poked around on Clint's neck for a pressure point that could keep him still completely. "Hold on a sec, okay?"

"Aye aye, Cap'n," she replied, taking a step back.
Clint's whole chest lurched forward, and Iphis noticed he was already breathing a hell of a lot harder than Ricin seemed to be.
"Stop," he breathed, or so she thought he had tried to say, and Iphis couldn't remember if he'd said anything before now. She raised an eyebrow, stepping back forward to listen.

Ricin stopped to catch his own breath, raising an eyebrow at Clint to see if he'd continue. "What's your problem? Remember you started this fight. I was all ready to be nice to you and everything but here you come with a knife and try to kill me and my little buddy here. That's not cool, Clint."

"Stop," he repeated, between breaths. Iphis bit her lip, trying to figure him out.
"Um, what?" She enquired, turning the knife over in her hand idly. Clint glared at Ricin for a few more moments before closing his eyes.
"What do you want from me?" Asked Clint, finally, struggling to catch wind again. Apparently his hulk-like appearance was limited by his cardio fitness. This was duely noted.

"Me? I personally don't want anything from you. If I wasn't in this business I wouldn't have bothered with you. But I am in this business so here we are. Apparently you have a nice little bounty on your head, Clint, and that's what I'm after- I don't know what that person down the driveway wants with you but right now that's all I'm really after." Ricin popped his knuckles to loosen up his fingers, moving them in a fluid wave. "Unless you can make me a better deal."
And that, ladies and gentleman, was why he was so good at the job.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Shine Bright (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus