Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Steampunk Girl Needs First RP (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

The Calvin Twins (played anonymously)

Meet Andrea Calvin. She is the older twin of Drew Calvin and a front lines fighter for the resistance. When she isn't dealing with the less adiquate male soldiers, she enjoys being slightly trouble-making teenager with her friends. Although Andrea fights for the greater good of the people, she is one tough cookie that isn't afraid to play with the big boys, or get a little messy.

All of this is known, but not actually placed into her profile. The reason for this is because I would like to develope her more before I put anything down. This pretty little dagger has some growing to do before she is ready for a completed profile.

P.S.- Her brother, Drew Calvin, is also available for similar, although he himself is far different from his sister. If you would rather RP with him, then let me know!
I have never made or played a steampunk character, but really need to learn. As such, I am willing to make a character to suit whatever story you're looking for, if you're willing to give me creative criticism now and then.
The Calvin Twins (played anonymously) Topic Starter

It sounds like a deal!
Awesome! Was there a certain plot you're looking for, or setting you enjoy? I'm up for something adventurous.

I have no plot as of this moment, if you'd like one we can create one. Setting can really be anywhere. She could even start off in a smaller part of a steampunk city. What do you feel comfortable with? This is your first time with steampunk right?
Yeah, this will be my first steampunk attempt. I know some basics, but pretty much the bare minimum. I'm comfortable with anything from gore to the lighthearted, pretty much anything that isn't ERP. I tend to lean toward magic and fantasy and desperately need to branch out. I'm interested in futuristic settings, but have most experience with medieval.

Well I do believe that steampunk is a nice blend of fantasy and technology. I can do magic with steampunk, just because technology is taking over doesn't mean magic ceases to exist. If you like steampunk then you should try cyberpunk, similar concept but it is to sci-fi as steampunk is to fantasy. And have no fear, I am not going anywhere near ERP.

So if we are all set then we can start whenever you have your character ready. Anything else?
Definitely interested in cyberpunk as well. Does your character speak in any different way, more proper english for example, or tons of slang? I should have a character up tonight.

Nope, she speaks normally. She is a normal girl except for the wars and fighting and being a member of a resistance group trying to bring down a corrupt government...

Awesome! Can't wait to start an RP with ya.
Me too! So I suppose it would make more sense if they meet when MC joins up? Anything special about this revolution I should know?

Not really, unless youd like to incorporate it in a larger scale.
Just trying to get a feel for the world and any necessary specifics of it. I'll definitely be playing a female, probably more of a techie/engineer character.

I haven't really created that much of a world. The Calvin's parents were killed when they were younger, so they joined the resistance and started training from a young age. Now they are pretty good. The resistance is fighting to free themselves from the grasp of a cruel tyrant who has access to alot more machines than the resistance does. Tis about it :P
Right on! That tells me the level of tech at least and the cause they're fighting for. Helps with backstory too. Sorry I'm so indecisively delayed.

Clock work men, low tech rifles, cros bows, swords, armor (Andrea has a helmet on when she fights in the front lines). Hmm thats the best examples I can think of.

They are fighting to overthrow the tyrant. He came in, took over the place, they want it back.
Gotcha :)

Whenever you're ready!
Here she is! Working on finding pics.

Awesome! Would you like them to meet any way special and/or have any special plot or goal?
Hm...since your character is a front-lines person, they could meet on the battlefield when they save each other's backs or during some preparations beforehand. Honestly they could meet in some tavern, too.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Steampunk Girl Needs First RP (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus