Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Darkest Minds

Brady Flint (played by 111dev111)

The Darkest Minds is an apocalyptic books series pertaining to the children of America that are infected by a disease called IAAN, Idiopathic Adolescent Acute Neurodegeneration. A virus that originally killing at least 98% percent of the children,well the other percent gains peculiar abilities. The children that live through the pandemic that gained abilities are sent to 'rehabilitation camps', but these camps more resemble contraction or maybe intense boot camps. All of the children have a similar goal, escape.

Roles to take in this world:

Children and colored categories:
Children that have lived through the virus and now have the IAAN disease that has five different types. It starts from pretty much harmless to deadly for others. Green, blue, yellow, red and orange.

*Children categorized as greens have a heightened intelligence as their power. Green is considered one of the less dangerous powers.

*Children categorized as blue have the power to move objects with their minds. Also known as telekinesis. Blue is considered one of the less dangerous powers.

*Children categorized as Yellows have the power to create and control electricity. Also known as electrokinesis. They are considered one of the more dangerous powers.

*Children categorized as reds have the power to create and control fire. Also known as pyrokinesis. Red is considered one of the more dangerous powers.

*Children categorized as Oranges have the power to control minds. They also have the ability to read, alter, and destroy memories. Orange is considered one of the more dangerous powers.
~
The Bad:

-Skip-Tracers; Skip tracers are basically bounty hunters. They are adults that go in search of kids with Psi abilities, capture them, and turn them in. To become a licensed skip tracer, you must turn in at least one Psi child.

-Psi Special Forces;Psi Special Forces is a group of men dedicated to the capture and in some cases extermination of all kids with Psi powers.

Rules:
1. There isn’t a set length for each post, but try to push yourself and be descriptive. Give the others enough to respond back with. I myself normally post between a paragraph and two-three paragraphs.
2. No Canon Characters! I don’t mean to be rude but I’d like this to be a completely new story with all OCs.
3. Try not to post more than two messages in a row
4. The reds and oranges will be limited to one or two each, as they are more powerful.

Anyone interested? Thanks!

Characters:
Brady Flint- Blue - 111dev111
Brynn Thompson - Yellow - 111dev111
Tyra - Orange - kungfu6453
Pan - Yellow - kungfu6453
Aaron Pyrosian - Red - Arcol
Liliath- Blue - cookiesareyummie
Aruo - Yellow - dantefrancis
Please put your character and role down below if interested!
Tyra and pan (played by Kungfu6453)

Tyra
I kinda want her orange

Pan ( who I’m building I want to be yellow. If ok.)
Aaron Pyrosian (played by Arcol)

I’d like to apply as either a red or a green, should that be more applicable.
Brady Flint (played by 111dev111) Topic Starter

Aaron seems to fit as a Red so I’d allow that,

I’m going to do a first come, first serve basis for the more powerful ones I’ve decided unless under special circumstances, the two most powerful slots are now filled unless I say something. Tyra has orange, and Pan is good for yellow.

We welcome new OCs that you’re still building!
May I join with Liliath as a blue type?

Liliath is in

I’ll let you all know when it will start
Great

i hope we start soon

I’m gonna wait until tomorrow, and if nobody joins then we’re set

alright
Aruo (played by dantefrancis)

Can i be yellow

Sure thing!

So is this pms or forums?

I was thinking a forum, unless you all have a preference? What do you think?
Aruo (played by dantefrancis)

Fourm
Brady Flint wrote:
I was thinking a forum, unless you all have a preference? What do you think?
forum also are there rules abouth length?

There isn’t a set length for each post, but try to push yourself and be descriptive. Give the others enough to respond back with. I myself normally post between a paragraph and two-three paragraphs.
Brady Flint wrote:
There isn’t a set length for each post, but try to push yourself and be descriptive. Give the others enough to respond back with. I myself normally post between a paragraph and two-three paragraphs.
alright

Sorry for the delay, as my day was unexpectedly busy yesterday, but now... The roleplay is officially starting!

Here’s the scenerio: In the Darkest Minds, series, there are camps. These camps are basically work camps, they work them to death. All of our characters will be at one camp and try to escape. They will all escape, eventually, in one way or another, and then it’s up to you. You can create factions and groups, or ride solo.

Something to add: The White Noise machine, if you’ve read/watched the books or movie, you will know that the White Noise machine emits a deafening noise that can seriously damage your character. It can be tuned to a certain color, or to everyone, and you MUST PM me to use it, make sure to add your reason. If you’re still in the camp, you have to react to it.

Now on with the roleplay!

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Darkest Minds

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus