Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Adopting Trouble(1x1)

Abby knew that she was growing older and it was already too late for her to try to have children, but she was lonely in her average brick house. She had her beloved black cat, Yuskio, but he would randomly disappear and it really wasn't what she was looking for in life. She decided that on her day off that she would take a look around at the nearby orphanages and see if they had any kids who were around the young teen age.

She locked her door and petted her cat goodbye as she went off to the local orphanage. It wasn't long till she got there and she already could see that something or someone had caused some trouble. She walked up to the desk, being greeted by a young lady. "I was wondering if you had a child around the young teen age." She said calmly.
Kyle (played anonymously)

She sighed heavily, glancing up the stairs. "Yeah, we have one... KYLE! I HEAR YOU REFILLING THAT BUCKET! KNOCK IT OFF!" She turned back to Abby in annoyance. "He's not the best, though. He just got back from what was it- his sixteenth foster home? If you're willing to take him then that's fine, but just know that you're getting yourself into a heap of trouble."
Three Witches (played by KuroSakuranbo14) Topic Starter

Abby was a little surprised to hear that the child they had was a trouble maker. She was sure that she could handle him, he was probably acting out because he was lonely or wanted a home. "I'm sure I can handle him." She said with a friendly smile, looking up at the stairs to try to see the young orphan.

Kyle was coming down the stairs, looking like he was trying to suppress some laughter. "Hey Susie, if you see a snake in the bathtub, don't kill it, it's not poisonous. Just FYI."
Susie shrieked, running up the stairs to see the snake. "OH GOD- KYLE! GET THIS THING OUT OF HERE RIGHT NOW!"

Abby knew now that she was getting herself into some trouble but it was worth it. "Hello. I'm Abby Sanders. Its a pleasure to meet you, Kyle." She held her hand out to the boy. Most people would usually become skeptic of her for her strange violet eyes but her bright and friendly smiled always pushed the thought aside.

"Hi, Abby Sanders," Kyle replied, cautiously shaking her hand. "Hold on a sec, let me snag Freddy before she kills him- Susie! He's not poisonous! He's a garter snake!"
"HE'S IN THE BATHTUB!"
"I know, doesn't he look happy there?"

Abby nodded. She stood there, she was glad that at least Kyle like animals and didn't keep a poisonous because she had her cat to think of as well. She didn't have to worry about poison, she could easily use a spell to cure it.

He came back down with the snake wrapped around his neck, looking bored as Susie was following him demanding it be released back outside where he found it.
"And don't wear the snake around your neck, it'll kill you!"
"Susie, these kinds aren't constrictors. He's harmle-" He got cut off, however, as he made it look like the snake was tightening around his neck, gasping and choking and he made like he was tugging on the snake. "Ssssusie... GAPTH!"
Finally he fell over, leaving Susie looking horrified. Not a minute afterwards however he sat up, grinning mischievously at the woman. "I'm just kidding. He's harmless."
"KYLE!" He recieved a sharp bop on the head for frightening her like that.

Abby didn't really know how to react from that little scene but she did smile at seeing the young woman that had been addressed as Susie react in such a manner. "By looking at the snake, it does look harmless. Not all snakes are killers like you would think, some can become very well tamed pets, like cats and dogs became. They were once feared as killers but now most people have one of them in their homes." She said to Susie, trying to calm her down while justifying with what Kyle said.

"See? Someone gets it," Kyle agreed, unwinding the little snake from around his neck and holding it up for Susie to see. "He's harmless, look- garter snakes don't even really have teeth-"
Susie backed off, waving a hand to shoo the snake away. "Put it outside, Kyle! Take it away!"
He sighed in exasperation, watching Freddy curl himself around his wrist. "Whatever. At least I didn't stuff another cockroach in your drawer."
"You did, didn't you?"
"That's for me to know and you to find out," he replied with an evil grin.
"KYLE!"

Abby watched as Susie ran off to go check and see if what Kyle said was true or not. "You really do seem like a hand full." She mumbled under her breath. "Might I ask, Kyle, but how old are you?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm a real pain," he agreed cheerfully, watching Susie go. "I just turned thirteen a few months ago."

Abby shrugged. "Well, why don't you tell me some more about yourself, Kyle. I would like to get to know you better." She said with a kind smile.

He glanced up at the ceiling, turning the snake gently in his hands. "Well, I have a severe case of ADHD and a little more mild case of dyslexia, making it really annoying to try to read anything or sit still. I'm easily the fastest kid here, I can outrun anyone, including Susie but that's not too much of a challenge." He grinned up the stairs, listening to her rummaging through her drawers searching for the cockroach. "My mom was a teenager addicted to marihuana. I don't remember her at all. I've never even heard about my dad." He shrugged, looking down at the snake. "Not that it matters or anything."

Abby felt sorry for Kyle. She couldn't say she knew how he felt, but she had been kicked out of her home with her brother for their strange eye colors. "Well, Kyle, how would you feel to have a chance to have something close to a family again?" She didn't have her parents and her brother was dead and she knew nothing of any other family but it had to be better to have someone like a mother than no one at all.

He studied her carefully. "I've already had about sixteen attempts at families and none of them worked. Nobody really... Likes me, I guess you could say."
"I WONDER WHY?!"
He ignored Susie and continued. "Not that that maters either."

"I'm sure I can handle you. How would you like to try to stay with me for a couple days to see if you like where I am?" She offered.

Kyle shot her a crooked grin. "You're gonna hate me by the end of the week, I swear it."

Abby grinned back at him. "I doubt that. I can teach you things you never even knew existed in this world, but by your choice."

"Maybe it would be best if I go... Susie's gonna explode right about... Now."
Right on cue Susie shrieked bloody murder. "THAT'S NOT A COCKROACH!"
"Yeah, it's a tarantula. Sorry, I forgot," Kyle said with a cheerful sort of innocence.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Adopting Trouble(1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus