Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or Treat: Mina's Spooktacular Soiree

Vera (played anonymously)

Hearing the pretty nurse's voice Vera poked her little head out of the cupboard door and grinned wide and proud. "Miss Nurse, I did, I did. I found it..." She stopped abruptly and looked from one side to the other as if suddenly afraid who might overhear them speak about this secret treasure. There were a lot of annoyed catering staff as well as a house jam packed full of guests who didn't really care so much about the candy as they did about mingling and showing off their costumes. But still, she could pretend.

"Shhhhhhhh!!!" Vera made a motion for the nurse to come down to her level, seeming quite adamant about it. "Yes, yes!" She whispered none too quietly, "Vera found the treasure but doesn't know how to move it without a crew. I dub you first mate and you shall take over if your brave captain dies protecting this treasure! Sooooooo..." Her head ducked back down into the space she's forced for herself in the island cupboard before the sound of a crackpot scraping on would could be heard and the large vessel took the place of where the girl had once been.

"Look," She grunted with a small bit of effort. "Found it! Help me get it out please? I'll share!!"
Wilhelmina (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Hearing the call of a voice, one of the people working for the catering arched a brow upwards. Dress shoes sounding out with each step on the marble floor until he emerged and saw Avalon standing there. He looked no older than 22 and was dressed in black dress pants, a long sleeved button up shirt in white with a black vest over it. In his hands, he was holding two bottles of champagne from the wine cellar in the basement.

"Ummm," he said as he gave her an odd look. "Are you lost? Like, I don't even know how'd you even get down here...." He used a bottle to gesture to the ceiling above. "Like, everyone's up there partying it up. It's packed, like...I've never worked a party that had so many people around. No room's empty, that kinda thing. Anyway, you can follow me and you'll be back in the thick of it."

Without waiting for an answer, he turned around and started to make his way out of the basement and towards a set of stairs that lead up to a short hallway that lead to the kitchen on one end and a dining room on the other. If Avalon wanted to follow him, she was more than welcomed to. If not, she could stay in the basement. He wasn't paid to babysit, just to keep refilling things and fetch things that were needed. Soon, the worker was back in the kitchen and breezing past Mina, who was in the nurse's uniform....talking to a cabinet? This host was super weird, but he wasn't paid for opinions.

Mina gasped softly, "Oooh, yes. You did find it! I am so so so proud of you, little one. I knew you would be the one to find them, yeah?" Bending her legs, she came to squat beside the area so she could get a better look at Vera. She smiled so widely, "You want me to help you with your treasure? I'm honored that you would trust me with such a thing."

Her Belgian accent was clear when she spoke, an arm reaching in and grabbing onto one of the handles and pulling it towards her with ease. "How far do you wish me to carry this for you, Fräulein? I can't leave my party as I'm the host and people would miss me. I can't help you carry it home if that is what you're asking of me..." She gave it another pull, setting it upon the floor easily with her strength so she could look at Vera more clearly. "Shall you go find something with wheels? To help you push it? Maybe a wagon or skateboard!"
Avalon paused. She turned around, to face where she had entered. "I..." The door had vanished. What the hell? She follows the waiter up the stairs and looks around. She was wearing a ringmaster costume, it was a costume party right? Well, she hoped so. She began to mingle with the guests, continuing to side glance, every so often. Every bone in her body told her to leave this house, but she was curious. She needed to find the host or hostess. It would be rude to not introduce herself before leaving. She took a glass of champagne and took a sip, leaving red lipstick stained on the rim of the glass. She began to wander around, out of curiosity.
Wilhelmina (played anonymously) Topic Starter

(( Note: Between the wildfires, mass power outages, and additional long work shifts, I'm super delayed on replies. I'll get to this when I can. My apologies! ))

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or Treat: Mina's Spooktacular Soiree

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus